My Favorites - Saved Itineraries Broken

Cruise4food

On the HAL site when logged in to My Account, the list of saved Itineraries under My Favorites no longer open properly. When you click the "View" link the Search page opens but without the favorite itinerary selected.

Going to try rebuilding a couple of them using the new search engine to see if that helps.

I haven't been able to see anything, including the itinerary, in my cruise personalizer for over a week - shore ex, bev packages, spa, gifts, dining, etc all not there. If I log in as a guest buying a gift everything shows .... HAL is having tech issues it seems!

Guess all they money Carnival Corp is saving on outsourcing IT jobs is REALLY paying off :(

Two items arose as I attempted to delete and re-save a Favorite:

- cannot delete any existing saved favorite itineraries. The "Delete" link does nothing.

- cannot see any button or link to save an itinerary from the new search engine results into my Saved Favorites list.

Either this feature is about to be dropped, or it is badly broken.

On the HAL site when logged in to My Account, the list of saved Itineraries under My Favorites no longer open properly. When you click the "View" link the Search page opens but without the favorite itinerary selected.

Going to try rebuilding a couple of them using the new search engine to see if that helps.

Mine too. I use Google Chrome if that makes a difference. Its been like that for at least two weeks but I haven't been that motivated to contact HAL. I guess I can start to save favorites on other cruise lines that have links that work.

Mine too. I use Google Chrome if that makes a difference. Its been like that for at least two weeks but I haven't been that motivated to contact HAL. I guess I can start to save favorites on other cruise lines that have links that work.

I contacted HAL a couple of weeks ago to let them know the 'delete' button wasn't working. Got response that the techs would look into it. Might help if more people started contacting them about the same issues.

It would be more of a news flash if someone were to report that HAL's website was working well----don't you think?

A multimillion dollar corporation should be able to hire competent web designers.

I was trying to print out luggage tags last week and they would not convert to PDF form to be printed. This was on a computer that I had used with Internet Explorer for the purpose many times before. I switched to Chrome and they printed out. This was after I spent ages fooling around with my computer trying to figure out what was wrong with it---deleting and reinstalling etc.

If we do not let them know - how will HAL know there website is having issues .

The programmers should be checking their work when they make changes. Then, there should be a back-up level of testers who check the work from a real world perspective.

These mistakes, and breaks to the system shouldn't get through to the public. Once in a while? Maybe. But certainly not to the extent they are. It's as if HAL has made the decision that the public will be the testers. Not a way to run a business if you care about it.

It's as if HAL has made the decision that the public will be the testers. Not a way to run a business if you care about it.
I agree. After a career in software I know that some bugs can slip through even with rigorous testing when unpredicted conditions crop up, but on HAL's site it happens all too often.

It would be more of a news flash if someone were to report that HAL's website was working well----don't you think?

A multimillion dollar corporation should be able to hire competent web designers.

I was trying to print out luggage tags last week and they would not convert to PDF form to be printed. This was on a computer that I had used with Internet Explorer for the purpose many times before. I switched to Chrome and they printed out. This was after I spent ages fooling around with my computer trying to figure out what was wrong with it---deleting and reinstalling etc.

This happened to me too!

One work around that I figured out was to download the file. Then go to downloaded files and print from there.

It definitely would not let me print "normally" just by hitting the print icon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having issues with the Cruise Personalizer for well over 10 days now - I have reported it to HAL .... their answer - don't access it by signing in, access it as a freind/travel agent trying to buy a "gift" for me. Not ideal but it works.

If you follow the cruise line boards closely you will quickly learn that ALL the cruise lines seem to have hired retired circus clowns to develop and maintain their customer facing websites. They are all fairly notorious for being bad and full of glitches.