Recent pinnacle advice to lower expectations

We will be turning Pinnacle in the near future and would like to know everyones opinion about which ship would be a good one to book for this momentus occasion. We will be on Rhapsody right before and are thinking of just booking b2b and becoming Pinnacle on Rhapsody. Any ideas?

Not sure what choices of ships you have but we became Pinnacle on the Brilliance last year and they really made it a wonderful extra special occasion for us. We had disembarked the Harmony two days before boarding the Brilliance and the LA from Harmony just e mailed the LA on Brilliance to confirm our points. Many many congratulations to you.

Cannot believe people spend that much money & time on a repetitive mass market cruise line.

If you have the funds, charter your own Yacht with friends.

See, go & do what you want.

How can anyone sit around with 5000 strangers eating "honey stung chicken" & watching "Cats" 15 times a year.

Just so you can sit in a CL and " one-up" the next guy about all the RC cruises you have done.

I did 3 RC cruises in 2 years and now need a break.

Mix in some camping or something........

Don't forget that they absolutely MUST wear the gaudy pinnacle pins so that everyone can see them, at all moments of the cruise. Even saw it in the windjammer this past week on Navigator. If I ever reach that status, I most certainly will NOT be wearing that god awful pin for attention [emoji849]

We visited the concierge Lounge a few times on this cruise and were immediate outcasts only being 30 years old. About 30-40 years below the average lol. We were in a suite, but as Diamond Plus, that could also get you in there for those wondering. I know each ship does whatever they choose in that aspect.

Don't forget that they absolutely MUST wear the gaudy pinnacle pins so that everyone can see them, at all moments of the cruise. Even saw it in the windjammer this past week on Navigator. If I ever reach that status, I most certainly will NOT be wearing that god awful pin for attention [emoji849]

We visited the concierge Lounge a few times on this cruise and were immediate outcasts only being 30 years old. About 30-40 years below the average lol. We were in a suite, but as Diamond Plus, that could also get you in there for those wondering. I know each ship does whatever they choose in that aspect.

Just wanted to comment -- I agree about the pin, not re: attention grabbing but just the awfulness of it. I hate gold and the pin is so large. If we ever do make it to Pinnacle, I don't think I'd wear the pin. (Though I do like the little ones you get for the other tiers, as they are smaller -- but I still am not really a pin-wearer and have never worn one!)

But also about the CL -- we were in a GS last year at the age of 31, our C&A status was lower (but we'll be D+ in 1.5 years' time) and we just didn't fit in. But we were fortunate to meet a few other people who were very nice and we hung out with them in other areas of the ship -- just not the CL!

You must be cruising a lot to be D+ already :D

We will be turning Pinnacle in the near future and would like to know everyones opinion about which ship would be a good one to book for this momentus occasion. We will be on Rhapsody right before and are thinking of just booking b2b and becoming Pinnacle on Rhapsody. Any ideas?

Not familiar with who the HD is on Rhapsody, but that is the most important factor in picking a ship for becoming Pinnacle. Hotel Directors like John Denton (Majesty) go all out to make it a truly memorable occasion, while many others do little or nothing more than a picture with an officer at the Top Tier event. I would ask who the HD is on your cruise and decide from there.

Cannot believe people spend that much money & time on a repetitive mass market cruise line.

How can anyone sit around with 5000 strangers eating "honey stung chicken" & watching "Cats" 15 times a year.

Just so you can sit in a CL and " one-up" the next guy about all the RC cruises you have done.

Different strokes for different folks !!!

Not familiar with who the HD is on Rhapsody, but that is the most important factor in picking a ship for becoming Pinnacle. Hotel Directors like John Denton (Majesty) go all out to make it a truly memorable occasion, while many others do little or nothing more than a picture with an officer at the Top Tier event. I would ask who the HD is on your cruise and decide from there.

Shane and JD convinced us to make our PC cruise on MJ.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

A sad world when we must lower our expectations. Luckily in our 152 cruises and 93 on RCL we only have had about 4 that did not at least meet our expectations and the majority have way exceeded them!!
What of the worst posts I've seen in quite sometime, and you claim to have 93 cruises with RCL?? Shame on you.....K.O.:rolleyes:

That's a shame the 30 & 40 year olds were uncomfortable in the CL. We were on a 14 day cruise around New Zealand in March 2017 and used the CL. There were at least two couples in their 30's in the lounge that were part of the group each evening. One of the couples had three young children they were worried about bothering the others in the lounge. But to most of us it was like having well behaved grandchildren to talk to and watch have fun. The best night was when the children had been to a magic program during the day and wanted to show us their newly learned tricks.

What of the worst posts I've seen in quite sometime, and you claim to have 93 cruises with RCL?? Shame on you.....K.O.:rolleyes:

? I might try to answer you, if your sentence mad any sense!! [emoji849][emoji12]🤣

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wanted to comment -- I agree about the pin, not re: attention grabbing but just the awfulness of it. I hate gold and the pin is so large. If we ever do make it to Pinnacle, I don't think I'd wear the pin. (Though I do like the little ones you get for the other tiers, as they are smaller -- but I still am not really a pin-wearer and have never worn one!)

But also about the CL -- we were in a GS last year at the age of 31, our C&A status was lower (but we'll be D+ in 1.5 years' time) and we just didn't fit in. But we were fortunate to meet a few other people who were very nice and we hung out with them in other areas of the ship -- just not the CL!

You must be cruising a lot to be D+ already :D

Personally, I feel they deserve their status and pin. Never meet a Pinnacle who didn't seem nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back to the original thought. I think it may be right to lower your expectations if you expect perfection. I see so many people on a cruise and read on here about some relatively minor thing that "ruined" their cruise. To me I want things to go well but if something goes wrong or not how I thought it would I might try to correct it but don't let it get to me. I spent too much money on a cruise to let things get to me. They are still filling the ships so who is it hurting when you let the small things bother you so much.

Back to the original thought. I think it may be right to lower your expectations if you expect perfection. I see so many people on a cruise and read on here about some relatively minor thing that "ruined" their cruise. To me I want things to go well but if something goes wrong or not how I thought it would I might try to correct it but don't let it get to me. I spent too much money on a cruise to let things get to me. They are still filling the ships so who is it hurting when you let the small things bother you so much.

You are wise beyond your years, grasshopper!! ;)

"Crap" happens...expect it, deal with it, and then focus on the good stuff!! :cool:

Just curious can you afford to cruise 15 times a year????