what ship for 4 day out of Florida in August?

Renae3

Hi, we are considering doing a 4 day cruise out of Florida in August. We are a family of 6, with 4 kids, ages 4, 8, 11, and 14. I definitely need something kid friendly, not looking for a party atmosphere! I heard shorter cruises sometimes have less families. So, looks like my choices are the enchantment our of miami or the majesty out of pt canaveral, both go to the Bahamas. We have cruised Disney in the past, but it is just too expensive this time. What are your thoughts? We have also considered a full week, but they are also very expensive, thought this would be a good compromise.

While these 4 day cruises do tend to have more of a party type crowd it depends on whether it's 4 days over the weekend, or 4 days during the week. You will find much less partying on the short weekday cruises. With that said, I think you'll be find either way. The kids will have a great time!

Four days cruise are party cruises. Neither ship has extensive activities on board for kids, but the rock climbing wall and bungee trampoline on enchantment will probably appeal to the two older ones.

August is not the best time to travel the Caribbean due the extreme heat and humidity

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Four days cruise are party cruises. Neither ship has extensive activities on board for kids, but the rock climbing wall and bungee trampoline on enchantment will probably appeal to the two older ones.

August is not the best time to travel the Caribbean due the extreme heat and humidity

Kids. They are out of school so that limits OP dates for family cruise.

With swimming pools, scuba, and cold drinks I think August is a great time to travel the Caribbean. A ship's breeze is a great equalizer. To the OP, if your flying down with that many people take a look at pricing. Miami flights for me are a lot more expensive, but you may have more competition making that difference less.

With swimming pools, scuba, and cold drinks I think August is a great time to travel the Caribbean. A ship's breeze is a great equalizer. To the OP, if your flying down with that many people take a look at pricing. Miami flights for me are a lot more expensive, but you may have more competition making that difference less.

FLL can be a cheaper way to get to Miami.

Edited by cruise pup

Enchantment gets our vote. The 4 nights are NOT like the 3 night weekend cruises where many drinkers use the weekend off to party. Key West is a must and despite the hotter temps in the Bahamas and the Keys it can actually be as hot and humid up North! The Bahamas and the Florida Keys are in or by the Straits of Florida and not in the Caribbean as some think. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straits_of_Florida

We have been on Enchantment and Majesty many times and enjoy each ship and their crews.

Since you are coming in from up North, Miami is a better choice for flying into and departing from as the airport for Port Canaveral is in Orlando, 45 minutes minimum away from the port.

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

In case you were considering Empress... my friend and his wife just completed an Empress B2B. While they thought it was a nice little ship, they are glad they didn't bring their kids... not a ton for the kids to do. Onboard they booked their next family cruise- on Brilliance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi, we are considering doing a 4 day cruise out of Florida in August. We are a family of 6, with 4 kids, ages 4, 8, 11, and 14. I definitely need something kid friendly, not looking for a party atmosphere! I heard shorter cruises sometimes have less families. So, looks like my choices are the enchantment our of miami or the majesty out of pt canaveral, both go to the Bahamas. We have cruised Disney in the past, but it is just too expensive this time. What are your thoughts? We have also considered a full week, but they are also very expensive, thought this would be a good compromise.

My husband and I have sailed both ships and would definitely recommend Enchantment for your family. Hot, yes, but plan on doing water excursions. Key West is very family friendly during the day with lots to see. The 4 day leaves on a Monday and returns on Friday - I would recommend staying in Miami for the week-end as we have gotten great deals (Price line and Hot Wire) at 4 star hotels during this same time period. Have fun:)

Enchantment gets our vote. The 4 nights are NOT like the 3 night weekend cruises where many drinkers use the weekend off to party. Key West is a must and despite the hotter temps in the Bahamas and the Keys it can actually be as hot and humid up North! The Bahamas and the Florida Keys are in or by the Straits of Florida and not in the Caribbean as some think. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straits_of_Florida

We have been on Enchantment and Majesty many times and enjoy each ship and their crews.

Since you are coming in from up North, Miami is a better choice for flying into and departing from as the airport for Port Canaveral is in Orlando, 45 minutes minimum away from the port.

I agree. Been on both the 3 day and 4 day Enchantment and there are no comparisons to each. I agree the 3 day is a party cruise but not so much on the 4 day. That has been our experience.