Your favorite HAL cocktail ($8 and under of course)

kangforpres

Hi Everyone-

Going to have the Signature Beverage Package on a upcoming 14 day cruise so I need drink suggestions. I'm partial to bourbon but also enjoy rum and vodka.

Not a heavy drinker but I want to experience what others have enjoyed to help me make the most of the Signature Beverage Package.

Thanks,

Paul

I'm not a big drinker (one wine with dinner over a month is a lot for me), but I have the complimentary Signature Beverage Package on my upcoming cruise and I have plans to indulge with several mocktails daily!

I really love the "Fresh Grapefruit Not-a-Cosmo" and the non-alcoholic Mojito. They are a nice option if you want something more than a soda, but don't want a cocktail. And they are definitely within the price limit.

I'm not a big drinker (one wine with dinner over a month is a lot for me), but I have the complimentary Signature Beverage Package on my upcoming cruise and I have plans to indulge with several mocktails daily!

I really love the "Fresh Grapefruit Not-a-Cosmo" and the non-alcoholic Mojito. They are a nice option if you want something more than a soda, but don't want a cocktail. And they are definitely within the price limit.

Agree about the Not-a Cosmo, yum! The Cool as a Cucumber is quite good, too. I could live on the Chocolate Mint Buzz (alcoholic or not), but they would have to roll me off the ship at disembarkation if I did.

Hi Everyone-

Going to have the Signature Beverage Package on a upcoming 14 day cruise so I need drink suggestions. I'm partial to bourbon but also enjoy rum and vodka.

Not a heavy drinker but I want to experience what others have enjoyed to help me make the most of the Signature Beverage Package.

Thanks,

Paul

Cucumber Lime Smash, with Vodka, up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

We are not cocktail drinkers either, but somehow on a cruise out of Sydney Australia we started a ritual of having a Tropa-Mango-Mojito on our first night sailaway in the CrowsNest.

We wait for the Promenade deck crowds to leave the muster, while we head upstairs and celebrate the start of a new adventure. If they say they are out of fresh mint, take a pass and order something else.

This is an ice-blended drink with a straw, so you looks like you are drinking a 7-11 slurpee. So not exactly high on the John Wayne knock 'em back macho factor, and good grief it is even slightly pink. But at least there is no umbrella. Just fresh and good. And mango puree is food group, right?

Ingredients: From HAL

1-2 sprig fresh mint

2 oz Cruzan Guava rum

3 oz Dish D’Lish Lemon & Lime Sour Cocktailor

1 oz Monin Mojito Syrup

1/2 oz Monin Mango Puree

Edited by OlsSalt

The Seattle Sunset in the Pinnacle (essentially a Manhatten with a bit of Campari) is good for $7.75.

The Tanqueray 0010 Martini is a HAL classic: Tanqueray 10 gin, Vox vodka, Grand Marnier $7.75.

Gin's Cup is quite interesting: Pimm's, Tanqueray, St. Germain, Sour, and cucumber $7.75.

It is maybe out of your price range, but the Blue Florida is an interesting take on a gin and tonic: Absolut Citron, Gin, Dry Curacao, a splash of Blue Curacao, orange bitters, and tonic water $8.95.

I have started making all of these at home since enjoying them on our 11/16 cruise!

I posted this earlier on the cocktail menu thread, but just in case it did not get attention there...

Our last cruise I became "addicted" to Jim Beam's Red Stag (a flavored bourbon). Does anyone know if that is still being offered?

Fingers crossed,

Betty

I posted this earlier on the cocktail menu thread, but just in case it did not get attention there...

Our last cruise I became "addicted" to Jim Beam's Red Stag (a flavored bourbon). Does anyone know if that is still being offered?

Fingers crossed,

Betty

I did not see it listed separately on any of the bar menus I photographed in November 2016 on the Nieuw Amsterdam but they clearly still have it. The Jim Beam Red Stag is a featured ingredient in several cocktails.

Fingers crossed,

Betty

They had it on the Eurodam last month. It's not on the bar menu though. There's quite a bit that's stocked but not listed. You sort of have to look at the back bar. I'm not sure that the new bar menus are a good idea. I know that a lot of people liked to be able to peruse the specialty cocktail lists and drinks of the day. I drink Maker's Mark on the rocks, which in addition to being on the menu, is very easy to spot given the distinctive bottle.

I did not see it listed separately on any of the bar menus I photographed in November 2016 on the Nieuw Amsterdam but they clearly still have it. The Jim Beam Red Stag is a featured ingredient in several cocktails.

That they still have it is GOOD NEWS! On another hand, what cocktails have it as a featured ingredient?

Thank you.

Betty

That they still have it is GOOD NEWS! On another hand, what cocktails have it as a featured ingredient?

Thank you.

Betty

Hi Betty!

These are the Red Stag cocktails that I remember from our cruise:

Seattle Sunset (Red Stag, Campari, Sweet Vermouth) $7.75

Royal Manhattan (Red Stag, Sweet Vermouth, Angostura Bitters) $7.75

Red Stag Derby (Red Stag, Citrus Vodka, Mint, Soda Water) $7.75

I am sure you could have them use the Red Stag in most any whiskey-based cocktail (Old Fashioned, Brooklyn, Whiskey Sour...).

I really liked the Seattle Sunset; look for it in the Pinnacle.

Fred