Royal Caribbean announced February "sale"...they're not even trying anymore

e39m5

The 60% off the second guest actually is better for those booking with the C&A balcony discount. Since the balcony discount is applied to guest #1 you receive its full value.

Hopefully this will remain in place for March when the new itineraries are released.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

For once that is actually a really good deal. I did a dummy booking and the price for my family comes out to the close to the same as I paid on our last cruise in 2015 on the Liberty to Bermuda out of NJ.

How did you do a dummy booking? Don't they usually jack up the prices a day or 2 before the next sale? Sale starts Feb 1 correct?

Bill

The 60% off the second guest is my personal favorite so far in the 2 1/2 years of ongoing sales:D

I had to think about it, but I think you have the timing right. I was on Jewel in 2014 when the first BOGO sale came out. I booked Freedom for 2015 at a price that looked like a real sale. By the same I was ready to book Oasis in 2015, for 2016, the prices were jacked up so the sale was about what most people had been paying anyway.

If the prices I have for my April Allure cruise were to stay the same as what they were (cruise fare) when I booked in December and they applied the 60% off second and 30% off third, then I'd be about $100 ahead with the new sale.

Unfortunately, the cruise fare has been steadily rising with each change of sale (days off or current 30% off everyone), so I'd figure that I'm still better off with what I have instead of the new promotion at the higher pricing.

And yet people still buy cruises with them. Huh.

What might have been meant is that regardless of the "sale of the week", the prices seem to come out about the same... or at least that has been my anecdotal observation.

The math will work out exactly the same as the past sale. Unless you get a discount on the first passenger some other way that wasn't able to be combined with the 30% off in the current sale. Am I wrong?

What might have been meant is that regardless of the "sale of the week", the prices seem to come out about the same... or at least that has been my anecdotal observation.

That has been my observation as well

The math will work out exactly the same as the past sale. Unless you get a discount on the first passenger some other way that wasn't able to be combined with the 30% off in the current sale. Am I wrong?

nope not wrong. Sometimes the new sale even cost more. Depends on the cruise you booked.

Bill

I booked my cruise in September for July this yearI believe. Every sale they've had since I booked has either been about the same or more. I'm still looking for a price drop but I doubt it. If this is true I hope I'll get some savings finally!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well last year there was a sale that also included grats. We ended getting a balcony on Liberty for $$490 each, all in. Take off the grats and that was a $400 balcony.

So sometimes the deals work. But it was a long time coming...

The 60% off the second guest actually is better for those booking with the C&A balcony discount. Since the balcony discount is applied to guest #1 you receive its full value.

Hopefully this will remain in place for March when the new itineraries are released.

The deal in January was better than the Diamond discount so ours was booked with that. Diamond discount is not combinable now with any deal. When you have an agent run the numbers it might come out better with the deal.

For once that is actually a really good deal. I did a dummy booking and the price for my family comes out to the close to the same as I paid on our last cruise in 2015 on the Liberty to Bermuda out of NJ.

How do you do a dummy booking if it's not being officially offered yet? Just run the figures on your own? Thanks!

The deal in January was better than the Diamond discount so ours was booked with that. Diamond discount is not combinable now with any deal. When you have an agent run the numbers it might come out better with the deal.

The Balcony discount was certainly combinable with the 30% off guests 1 and 2 as well as the 60% off guest 2 promos. It just wasn't combinable with any OBC or additional $ off promo that was added on to the base sale.

How do you do a dummy booking if it's not being officially offered yet? Just run the figures on your own? Thanks!

I asked the same thing yesterday.:confused:

Just wondering how you do it when you don't know what the base fare is going to be when the sale starts.

Bill

All you can do is hope that the inflated base price does not increase and then figure in the new promo using those numbers. Not guaranteed that the inflated before discount rate will not change however. The past few "sales" my base price did not change

Edited by molly361

All you can do is hope that the inflated base price does not increase and then figure in the new promo using those numbers. Not guaranteed that the inflated before discount rate will not change however. The past few "sales" my base price did not change

Just keep an eye on the rates on january 30 or 31st to see if they mysteriously go up I guess. That's usually the M.O.

Bill