Silversea "Official" Drop-By??!!

TLCOhio

Hi Descartes1, Please call your travel agent or dial us directly so that we may provide more information to you regarding this booking. Thank you and best regards, Silversea Cruises

Just saw this above and below posting on this board for a legitimate question. Welcome to posting number one from "SilverseaCruises". Appreciate this "dropping by" on these Cruise Critic boards by an official source/connection. Very smart and helpful for BOTH the company and us customers.

I have heard from on-ship staff previously that the central office does do some checking of these boards at time. We encourage continued dropping by and posting on these boards. Hopefully some here will be "nice" and not too snarky if and when added posts from SS are made. Plus, that the SS staff will learn to follow customer concerns/suggestions and to share good, added, responsive information.

What other good questions do folks have to ask and share?

I did notice recently that Crystal has added a staff member, a former host on these CC boards, Andy Geller, to be their "Crystal Social Media Ambassador". In his earlier life in the Miami area, he had a regular job, plus volunteered as "Host Andy". Social Media is a major and growing source of info and venting. It's not perfect and/or always gentle. BUT, lots of smart, involved people are getting more "communications" done this way and it will continue to grow. As Bob Dylan said, "The Times, They Are A Changin' "

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 47,156 views for these postings.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-25%20at%2012.31.26%20PM_zpslooo1ajn.png

Was intrigued that the profile shows a join date of 2013. It's taken 3.5 years for the first post! Better late than never! :)
Ha! Great catch.

I think it would be wonderful to have an "official" member of the Silversea company to participate in this forum from time-to-time.

Ha! Great catch.

I think it would be wonderful to have an "official" member of the Silversea company to participate in this forum from time-to-time.

If they would be anything like the "unofficial" but blatantly obvious poster Carnival have posting on here, I'd rather they didn't! I agree it would be good though but I suspect they'd be overwhelmed with answers to be helpful that would then become accountable for.

I'm quite positive SS and all cruise lines regularly visit these and other boards. Whether they act on them is another matter. The "obvious" carnival person seemed to just be promoting carnival to sickening levels and putting down other lines and generally baiting other members who dared to complain about such things like they'd been illegally overcharged by their ships whilst in the Med.

Once was enough for me on that Nickel and Dime cruise line. :D