Finding accurate square footage of cabin

mscg2000

I am looking for the square footage of an accessible junior suite on EOS. The RCCL web site states 247 sq ft. But, the accessible ocean view is listed as 262 sq ft. Somehow that seems incorrect, that the ocean view is larger than the junior suite. Any place online I can find this info? Thanks everyone!

I am looking for the square footage of an accessible junior suite on EOS. The RCCL web site states 247 sq ft. But, the accessible ocean view is listed as 262 sq ft. Somehow that seems incorrect, that the ocean view is larger than the junior suite. Any place online I can find this info? Thanks everyone!

What ship? EOS - Enchantment of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas? To know exactly it would also help to have the cabin number.

That may, in fact, be accurate. Don't forget the ocean view has no balcony and the room size reflects that. The jr suite footage is for the room only, the balcony is separate. Probably an additional 58 or 60 sq ft.

An HC JS is the size of a regular (non accessible) GS..... So it's larger than a standard JS to allow for wheelchair use in the cabin.]

If you look at the deck plans, the HC cabins are generally a "category larger" than a non-HC cabin.

Of course, an HC cabin of ANY type only has a roll-in shower...no tub!

Edited by cb at sea

Enchantment of the Seas, cabin 8608

The in formation stated on RCCL's website in the deck plans of the Enchantment is correct. An Accessible JR Suite is 247 sq. ft. with a 67 sq. ft. balcony. Which is the same as a standard Jr. Suite.

The only accessible cabins on the Enchantment that are larger than its standard cabin counter part are :

Accessible inside cabins (252 sq. ft.)

Accessible ocean view cabins (262 sq. ft.)

Accessible superior oceanview balcony cabin (350 sq. ft, balcony 39 sq. ft.)

Additionally all accessible categories can and do vary in size on all ships not just the Enchantment.

Yes the Superior oceanview balcony is larger than an Accessible Jr, Suite , Though you'll have plenty of space in the accessible Jr. suite , if the double C&A points aren't an issue, I suggest you book an Accessible Superior Oceanview balcony cabin as it's the better bang for the buck.

Edited by xxoocruiser

An HC JS is the size of a regular (non accessible) GS..... So it's larger than a standard JS to allow for wheelchair use in the cabin.]

If you look at the deck plans, the HC cabins are generally a "category larger" than a non-HC cabin.

Of course, an HC cabin of ANY type only has a roll-in shower...no tub!

Actually on the Enchantment an Accessible Jr. Suite is the same identical square footage the Standard Jr. Suite . The only difference is that the Accessible doesn't have the walk-in closet as that space was used to make the bathroom fully accessible.

They all lie about sq ft.

In addition to my previous post if you are needing to transfer from a scooter or wheelchair onto the toilet or you have weaker than the other this link states the orientation of the toilet grab bars. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_EN

FYI this is also included on RCCL's website in the Enchantment Deck plans.

In addition to my previous post if you are needing to transfer from a scooter or wheelchair onto the toilet or you have weaker than the other this link states the orientation of the toilet grab bars. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_EN

FYI this is also included on RCCL's website in the Enchantment Deck plans.

I'd forgot about those pages, thanks for reminder...

Thanks for all the info. I've decided to go with the ocean view cabin, as it is bigger than the junior suite and way cheAper. 😀

Bigger yes, better, no.

As the cabins go up in level, the difference in square footage between std and accessible becomes less apparent

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app