NCL Jade delayed departure again!

suzycruise

I'm on the Jade to begin a 12 night cruise. Departure was scheduled for 4pm. Cruise director just announced a 10 pm departure from Tampa due to "diving operations". We noticed the provisions being on loaded at 3:45pm so it's obvious NCL has known of said late departure for awhile. Why doesn't NCL tell it's passengers in advance? Pfft.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm on the Jade to begin a 12 night cruise. Departure was scheduled for 4pm. Cruise director just announced a 10 pm departure from Tampa due to "diving operations". We noticed the provisions being on loaded at 3:45pm so it's obvious NCL has known of said late departure for awhile. Why doesn't NCL tell it's passengers in advance? Pfft.

What difference does it make? You are on the ship and by morning you will be in the Gulf. What would you like them to tell you and what would you have done differently?

What difference does it make? You are on the ship and by morning you will be in the Gulf. What would you like them to tell you and what would you have done differently?

You sign a contract to leave at a certain time. You fly in the day before so you can board on time. You pay extra taxes on drinks while in port. Have you ever cruised????

You sign a contract to leave at a certain time. You fly in the day before so you can board on time. You pay extra taxes on drinks while in port. Have you ever cruised????

Oh stop!

Seriously, just stop.

Move on.

I understand that you're upset, however, perhaps you should read and injest your passenger contract. The cruiseline has given you all that you have paid for... free food, free drink, non-alcoholic but free, a place to sleep in a comfortable environment. If this doesn't satisfy you, then perhaps you should rethink cruising.

Sorry but thems the breaks. Time for movin' on.

They are under no obligation to leave at a scheduled time, or even go to the ports on the itinerary. Have you ever read a cruise contract??????? Obviously not!

I suggest you wave that contract you signed with a departure time guarantee in the face of the Captain and see what he has to say about it.

Enjoy your cruise.

Well, I don't know where the OP's cruise is headed, but if you were on our January 3rd cruise (suspended due to fog, not diving operations) it would have meant that you missed 50% of your ports.

Also, sail away party (or your own sail away party on your balcony) is really exciting for a lot of folks. I did not experience any on our cruise earlier this month, because we just went TPA-Cozumel-TPA and our Cozumel departure was IIRC fairly late.

Agree that that is frustrating. While the contract certainly allows this, communication is still appreciated. OP is on a 12 night so still plenty of time for ports but a bummer; sail away is fun, cruise has begun and you are on your way. Hopefully the cruise will get better soon. They cruise director is awesome, have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree that that is frustrating. While the contract certainly allows this, communication is still appreciated. OP is on a 12 night so still plenty of time for ports but a bummer; sail away is fun, cruise has begun and you are on your way. Hopefully the cruise will get better soon. They cruise director is awesome, have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise in April, just wondering where you'd suggest as a sail away location?

FYI.. to anyone who says we didn't leave on time. All ports have a port master/harbor master who keeps a schedule much like an air traffic controller. I agree - seems like they are just telling passengers something to get buy - heck it's what people do to not get many up set. One will argue that you have to pay a tax to drink - if that's the case hold off on your drinking habit if you are able to and if you are not you should seek help for that problem :D just kidding don't get all angry on me now with a little bit of fun.

Seriously though - ports have a schedule and if a ship misses their time for what ever reason they have to wait for the next open time slot.

As an Fyi to all you sarcastically "helpful" people who responded in kind to my post: I am not upset about the delay, I posted as informational only to future cruisers. And yes, I've moved on...today I'm in Grand Cayman.

As an Fyi to all you sarcastically "helpful" people who responded in kind to my post: I am not upset about the delay, I posted as informational only to future cruisers. And yes, I've moved on...today I'm in Grand Cayman.

Such retorts signify a level of self-indulgent frustration over a situation that very likely could not provide passenger pre-notification would indicate otherwise.

Please enjoy the rest of your cruise. I'm certain you need the vacation.

Such retorts signify a level of self-indulgent frustration over a situation that very likely could not provide passenger pre-notification would indicate otherwise.

Please enjoy the rest of your cruise. I'm certain you need the vacation.

Oh now. That isn't fair.

Ooops! Wait.

Yeah Ok. That's a fair assessment.