Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

Just a quickie.There's been a lot of coughing on board...... if boarding tomorrow bring what you are used to to soothe it..... mine is much better but the personal hygiene of some of the cruisers hasn't been 'virus' friendly

Sorry to hear this. It seems to be an issue on every ship these days.

I'm not going to lie. Post cruise blues kicked in with a vengeance during the day today. Having had such a good experience pre cruise with Wendy Wu, post cruise has been a let down.

It's quite a drive to the airport.... hour and a half to two hours. Some narration. Slept. Airport was a zoo. Long lines to bag drop, long lines to passport control and more queuing for hand baggage x-ray.

Just under 4 hours flight. Slept. Better movie selection on the LATAM plane than BA!

Chaos at Lima airport. 2 hours drive to hotel. As in Iguazzu they are not prepared to feed us all. I head across the road with some friends for a meal.

Can't locate hotel network on laptop. Had been hoping to continue sharing pics.

Maybe I missed it but was there a patter for the day where the most traveled couple was mentioned?

Not sure to be honest....... I think I posted all I received..... is there one missing?

We had a very early start this morning for a tour of Lima's squares, San Francisco church, monastery and catacombs.

Was very hot.

Chaotic return of passports at the hotel.

Not charged for being overweight at the airport!

Usual chaos at the gate with a change of gate, then a delay of an hour which turned into a delay of less than 5 minutes!!

16819316_10158372769400352_4895562394171066410_o.jpg?oh=95875aada01bb37adb39d41e2257f104&oe=593D23DB

Arrived Cusco. Pouring with rain.

So much better organised than Lima was.

They had porters to take our luggage off the conveyor belt...... what we hadn't been told is why we had had to tie yellow ribbons to the bags when loading them on the coaches this morning. Clearly so they were easy for the porters to recognise them....

Hotel seems just fine

Am really tired. There is an optional outing to a dinner / dance show for $20 tonight. Not many raised their hands as interested and I really would have gone had there been a larger group. I may go down and see who else has turned up.....assuming the rain stops.... my waterproofs are in the suitcase which I'm hoping is outside my door by now. We have a really early start in the morning...... 0620....

Transfer to the train station in Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes. Upon arrival, take the shuttle bus (shared service) to Machu Picchu. The 'lost city of the Incas' is not only one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, but also the biggest treasure of Peru's past. Undiscovered by the Spaniards and forgotten over centuries, it was 1911 that the US-American scientist Hiram Bingham came upon it accidentally. Until today, the ruins leave scientists with numerous questions and riddles on how it was built and for which purpose.Theories vary but one thing is for sure: Machu Picchu is one of the most impressive and exciting places in the world, sublime and majestic on top of themountain and surrounded by impenetrable rain forest.

In the afternoon, take the train back to Ollantaytambo and return to your hotel.

Breakfast included

Have dined in-house. Was delicious.

----------------------------------

Day 11 First sea day

Various screens from the TV usually to be posted first thing unless I forget in which case they're a tad later

DSCN2270.jpg

Various public information slides are interspersed with the maps. In this particular sequence they never actually showed how to get in to the life raft!

DSCN2271.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

GF breakfast in the Horizon Court

DSCN2275.jpg

Something has gone bizarre with this new format. I now get a preview of the pic being posted actually in the post I'm typing. Not sure I like it,