AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Weird. I just added Cruise cash to two of my cruises with no problem.

It must've been one of my browser extensions causing an issue. I ran Firefox in safe mode and didn't get the error. Normally it doesn't give me any problems, but I guess it wants to be difficult tonight.

• Like 1

Has anyone had cards delivered UPS since all this began? I didn't think about all the changes in regards to packages needing signatures. What made me think about it was, FedEx delivered a Walmart package today and the sucker just dropped it out in our driveway 75 ft. from our front porch. My wife happened to notice it out the window. It had been raining all morning, but luckily stopped right before they delivered it. I get having to change their normal procedures during all this, but there was no reason they couldn't leave it on our porch. The steps are a good 8 ft. from the front door, they could've just set it there like they always do. But to just dump it in the middle of someone's driveway 75 ft. away...there's no excuse for that. But anyway, that got me thinking about UPS procedure, so I found this on their website:

• In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID.

Our cards come Tuesday. I guess he'll just wait for someone to come to the door and leave it on the porch. I don't think he'll ask for ID. He'd have to get closer than 6 ft. for that, and that'd defeat the purpose.

Edited by Organized Chaos

On 4/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, bobandsherry said:

Just keep in mind, should Carnival need to file for insolvency those gift cards will essentially be worthless. 

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thanks to all on this thread for the codes and instruction on how to use them to get Gift Cards!!

Bobandsherry wrote a post a few days ago that mentioned Carnival Corporation stock, and there was quite a bit of followon discussion about the stock.    But B&S (lol) also made the important statement quoted above about the  potential for a Carnival insolvency.  While I think that insolvency is unlikely, it is definitely a possibility.   The gift card purchases are a sort of an unsecured loan to Carnival, and in a bankruptcy it usually takes a long time, if ever, for unsecured creditors to get their money back.  So unless one has a need to use the gift cards immediately, one should seriously consider holding the points and buying the cards later on when the Corona virus dust settles a bit.

Did I actually use the term "virus dust??"  Hmmm.

Edited by Calnev1

I'm of the firm belief that Carnival's not going to go bankrupt, but hypothetically if they did, I want to point out that, in most cases, those stocks would be worthless, too. Stocks aren't necessarily the safer option in that situation. My apologies to Host Carolyn who said to keep that discussion in one of the other threads, but I thought it was important to point that out since bobandsherry's post is still a part of this thread.

Now that that's out of the way...Calnev, other than the fact that Host Carolyn said to stay on topic, it's nice to have ONE thread (i.e. this one) to get away from all that talk. Our Fortress of Solitude, if you will. 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I'm of the firm belief that Carnival's not going to go bankrupt, but hypothetically if they did, I want to point out that, in most cases, those stocks would be worthless, too. Stocks aren't necessarily the safer option in that situation. My apologies to Host Carolyn who said to keep that discussion in one of the other threads, but I thought it was important to point that out since bobandsherry's post is still a part of this thread.

Now that that's out of the way...Calnev, other than the fact that Host Carolyn said to stay on topic, it's nice to have ONE thread (i.e. this one) to get away from all that talk. Our Fortress of Solitude, if you will. 😁

My point was not about Carnival stock at all.  It was specifically about the impact of potential Carnival insolvency on gift card purchases.   But I made my on-topic point, and so will now leave it alone.  

Edited by Calnev1
  • Haha 1

I got my cards today. They were originally scheduled to be delivered by 11am, but that didn't happen. At 2:25, I got an email notifying me that the new scheduled delivery time was 2-4pm. Thanks a lot. He showed up about 5 minutes later. I got something new this time. They sent me an email this morning with a link to track the driver on a live map with an approximate location. I had never gotten that before. It was actually pretty accurate. I watched as he got to my town and, at one point, got close to my house, only to move off in the opposite direction, to the opposite side of town, then come all the way back to me. No wonder he was running so late, it was about as inefficient of a route as he could do.

I had the same experience as regoodwinjr. No signature, but he did hand it to me.

• Like 1

Anyone else get the email from UPS offering 2 months of MyChoice Premium for free? I don't think it gives you much more than the free account, but does let you re-route your package to another address (not just to a UPS store) or change the delivery date for free. I doubt we'd get much use out of only 2 months worth. Just curious if anyone else got it.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Anyone else get the email from UPS offering 2 months of MyChoice Premium for free? I don't think it gives you much more than the free account, but does let you re-route your package to another address (not just to a UPS store) or change the delivery date for free. I doubt we'd get much use out of only 2 months worth. Just curious if anyone else got it.

yup I did. I didn't spend too much time on it.

5 minutes ago, Host Carolyn said:

@Organized ChaosWhat does Starbucks card have to do with Allstate? Not familiar....

Carolyn, the Starbucks Card is offered by the Allstate Rewards website, using points earned from Allstate Rewards.

We (speaking for OrganizedChaos and jbethel11we just thought it was on topic

8 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Carolyn, the Starbucks Card is offered by the Allstate Rewards website, using points earned from Allstate Rewards.

We (speaking for OrganizedChaos and jbethel11we just thought it was on topic

You will notice it's back. Should have asked first

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kupton said:

Wow I just noticed Carnival gift cards are 12% off now.  

33 minutes ago, hayesktrm said:

Yes, I just both a $500 gift card for $440!!!  How many drinks of the day could I buy with the savings??

I missed this promo by a day but the drink savings idea might be worth buying more for the cheers package.

3 hours ago, regoodwinjr said:

I missed this promo by a day but the drink savings idea might be worth buying more for the cheers package.

They're still 12% off. They have been since April 8th. Just log in to your rewards account and buy them like you normally would.

I'm guessing they saw a sharp decline in gift card purchases because of the shut-down, so they sweetened the deal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

They're still 12% off. They have been since April 8th. Just log in to your rewards account and buy them like you normally would.

I'm guessing they saw a sharp decline in gift card purchases because of the shut-down, so they sweetened the deal.

That and probably Carnival gave them a deal to keep some cash flowing in.

• Like 2