What do you think of Royals TV channel offerings??

I guess they could replace CNN Español with Fox Español. Ironically funny for a few reasons. ;)

All joking aside Troy enjoy your week on Allure and have a blast. :)

f300d883dc915a778c57b2548ad29fbf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Allure 1/29/2017

d571b4e4575d2c2989b76860675573e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had heard that RCCL had signed a contract that would replace CNN with FoxNews.....and I enjoy CNN or CNN Intl when I am on the treadmill.....FoxNews would be of no value or interest to me. So glad to see it is still CNN.

The movie selection is limited. I was told that each ship has 7 movies for the month. Thus if you are on a b-b (on a transatlantic and med cruise) for 25 days, the selection gets very old.Also we have been on 3 cruises on one ship this year in addition to the TA and most of the TV episodes were the same on all the cruises. We don't cruise for the TV or movies but a better selection would be appreciated. We did a 28 day on princess and they had a selection of moves that was varied and included movies just released to DVD. Also they have different movie channels( romance, children,etc). A little improvement in variety would be nice.

I had heard that RCCL had signed a contract that would replace CNN with FoxNews.....and I enjoy CNN or CNN Intl when I am on the treadmill.....FoxNews would be of no value or interest to me. So glad to see it is still CNN.

Kind of fascinating, I watch whatever news channel they have on a ship because I care a bit about what is going on in the world. I have watched BBC, or Sky, or any of the CNN pile or MSNBC or occasionally Fox. I can't imagine that I would die if Fox came on if I regularly watch CNN. I watch NBC daily. I hate the snarky SOBs on NBC but I still watch it. I am not afraid of someone saying something beyond what I believe. I may end up flipping off the TV but I don't desire not to know the news. Heck I have even watched Al jezzera, Russian news with sub captions, Chinese, Japanese....

Scary how many snow flakes exist in the world today and how sensitive they are to just about everything.:eek::rolleyes:

JC

I thought they were fine. Yes, I suppose I would have preferred a different episode of Two Broke Girls or the Big Bang Theory at some point during the cruise, but TV was such a nonissue during our cruise that I really didn't care. We pretty much just put it on when changing for dinner or at night while falling asleep. I did unexpectedly find a pretty awesome movie channel that played horror movies (They Live, Halloween, etc) at night. And I appreciated the ship channels, even though they did repeat themselves.

Just sitting here in our cabin watching the TV while SO gets ready for breakfast.

You're also on your internet device.;)

The only reason I'm on this darn computer and not sitting outside enjoying my coffee is that it's 26 degrees F outside. :eek:

Edited by DirtyDawg

You're also on your internet device.;)

The only reason I'm on this darn computer and not sitting outside enjoying my coffee is that it's 26 degrees F outside. :eek:

Too windy to enjoy the balcony right now. But we do have our coffee.

745114538e060b11ee4aec16c086de11.jpg

d571b4e4575d2c2989b76860675573e4.jpg

I work for the broadcast company that supplies most of the channels on the photo above and since CNN & the six on the bottom of the list are owned by the same company, I am assuming that it is a package deal.

Part of the reason the programming is so odd (IMO) is that what you see on the ship versions of TNT, TCM, etc is different than what you see on those stations in the US. The RCI content deal is with our office down in Buenos Aires and they transfer batches of content to the ships every few weeks and the ships create playlists to feed the channels. That's why the same episode of something may air 2-3 times on a 7 day cruise. Also, the South American versions of these channels have different syndication deals than the US, so if you notice a show on the ship TNT that comes on USA or Spike in the US, that's why. It's also why there is an odd mix of Spanish and English commercials on these stations.

I know all of this because after a cruise a few years ago, seeing the odd mix of content and commercials drove me crazy (not that we watch much TV on board, but when we're in the room it is usually on for white noise) so after getting home I emailed a colleague down there and he gave me the scoop... :)

I miss the two movie channels they used to have that played recent releases. Now the only thing I might watch is ESPN and NFL games in season.

Our last cruise in October on Freedom was our first one that was "in season" for the NFL, and there are a few live broadcasts for football.

I noticed on Sunday afternoon, they show one at 1 and one at 4 the "games of the week". They also show Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night football. That same week they also broadcast the World Series games.

They were all available in-room as well as in most of the bars and on Freedom they also showed them @ the On-Air club...

Just FYI, on Allure and since Yesterday, which was the 1st, we have not had any of the Turner Channels, CNN/HLN/TNT and so on. Screen says that due to our location, channel not available.

I guess you didn't hear about the new EO banning liberal TV channels. It was all over Fox News this morning.

:p:p

Edited by DirtyDawg

We would like some enhancements to Royals TV Channels. You like it the way it is or would you want something different?

I don't go on vacation to watch TV. Other than using the TV to check my account, we never turn it on. I have no idea what channels they carry, nor do I care to find out.

I don't go on vacation to watch TV. Other than using the TV to check my account, we never turn it on. I have no idea what channels they carry, nor do I care to find out.

I don't go on vacation to watch TV, but when I am on the treadmill, it helps to pass the time. I have never understood people who spend lots of time in their cabin (reading or napping). To me I could be at home if I stay in the cabin.