Sea Day Question

Finzo4

I've never sailed wth Celebrity only Carnival, Princess and RC... but I've been reading on here about differences... Do they have shows by the pool and fun things to do?? I've always liked the hairy chest contest and games they play on other cruise lines... Im bringing 12 other people and I'm telling them that there is so much activity and entertainment ... someone please help...

do they have evening shows?

comedy show?

games shows?

please share some activities that they have

Thanks

You won't find a hairy chest or belly flop contest on Celebrity. Music at the pool, some line dancing, pool volleyball. Bingo & trivia as well as guest lecturers & cooking demos, dance lessons are some of the other daytime activities. We haven't sailed on Princess but IMHO Celebrity is more relaxed,low key and refined than Carnival or Royal. No water slides, rock wall, flow rider, mini-golf on Celebrity.

There are shows in the theatre every evening (production, singer, comedian, pianist, etc) the shows vary. The do a version of the Newlywed game but nothing like the Quest. There isn't a comedy club or piano bar. There is a DJ and other musical entertainers around the various venues in the late afternoon & evening and karoke some nights.

You may want to read some of the Dailies that have been posted to get a better idea of the activities.

If you love belly flop contests and hair chest contests then Celebrity is not a good choice for you. If bette food, better service, and just a bit quieter matter to you then it is a great choice. They do have music around the pool and often have mid day shows on sea days. THere is always music around the ship in various places and on sea days they have during the day as well as during the evening

I've never sailed wth Celebrity only Carnival, Princess and RC... but I've been reading on here about differences... Do they have shows by the pool and fun things to do?? I've always liked the hairy chest contest and games they play on other cruise lines... Im bringing 12 other people and I'm telling them that there is so much activity and entertainment ... someone please help...

do they have evening shows?

comedy show?

games shows?

please share some activities that they have

Thanks

If these are the things you like, stick with Carnival. There is a big difference in the two cruise lines.

Edited by champagne123
ssssss

We had belly flop on Celebrity among other competitions, but it was much more tastefully done than on Carnival. No hairy chest or legs contests thankfully!

I thought I would ... well I did not feel too well when twelve men one by one had to sit on older woman's lap and she needed to pick the hairest on Carnival Liberty. Or when contestants had to eat gross food till one barfs into bucket. That was awful.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

One of the things I have a hard time wrapping my feeble mind around is people complaining about noise and activities at the pool?? Please explain why it is that there is 1000' of quiet deck space one deck up, or a library like solarium 100 yards forward, yet people feel the need to sit in the one area they must know is going to be noisy and then complain. Any kid on the ship is going to be pool, There's usually music and quite a few different activities usually involving music and dancing. If you want peace and quiet why are you parking your backside near the pool? And if that's where you prefer to park you butt, then don't complain about the noise. I've never seen anyone complain about it being too quiet in the Solarium....

One of the things I have a hard time wrapping my feeble mind around is people complaining about noise and activities at the pool?? Please explain why it is that there is 1000' of quiet deck space one deck up, or a library like solarium 100 yards forward, yet people feel the need to sit in the one area they must know is going to be noisy and then complain. Any kid on the ship is going to be pool, There's usually music and quite a few different activities usually involving music and dancing. If you want peace and quiet why are you parking your backside near the pool? And if that's where you prefer to park you butt, then don't complain about the noise. I've never seen anyone complain about it being too quiet in the Solarium....

There is a difference between nice music for some time and tasteful contests and other activities.

Celebrity usually does not have tons of kids in the pools to make noise too.

Also solarium pools have roofs and many people prefer to get tan.

There are different lines to satisfy all tastes. We sail them all, but we know what to expect.

I've heard the silent disco on the pool deck is a hoot on Celebrity!! I was also told their is comedy and magicians/illusionist on our upcoming cruise on Reflection.

Pretty confident there is much to do!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Silent disco was great on Silhuette!

There is a difference between nice music for some time and tasteful contests and other activities.

Celebrity usually does not have tons of kids in the pools to make noise too.

Also solarium pools have roofs and many people prefer to get tan.

There are different lines to satisfy all tastes. We sail them all, but we know what to expect.

Again, there's acres of quiet deck space to get a tan without sitting at probably the noisiest spot on the ship, the pool. And what is "Nice Music". At the pool, for the group I travel with that's 60s-80s rock or island music (reggae) and even a lot of current pop music. And that's what's often played at the pool which is great. I just shake my head when I read people complaining about loud music by the pool here on CC. If people want quiet don't sit by the pool! That way they won't have to complain about the loud music, and the rest of us won't have to complain about the ship having the music set to low. Which is exactly what we had to do on our last cruise. They had the volume set so low it was hard to make out what song was playing. Our group has started to bring our own Bluetooth speakers, that way if there is no ship music by the pool we can crank up our own.

Plenty of room on the ship to make everyone happy, just take a second to think about where you soak up the sun. Celebrity might want to consider putting up a sign that says "the pool deck is a high noise area" if you want quiet space please consider lounging in another location. That way if anyone complains about the noise the crew can point at the sign.

??????"Im bringing 12 other people and **I'M TELLING THEM THAT THERE IS SO MUCH ACTIVITY AND ENTERTAINMENT ..."????????????

Unless the activities you mentioned are part of the NEW COURSE Celebrity seems to be setting, your entire party may be disappointed not only with the cruise but with your advice.

In 17 years we haven't seen hairy legs, belly flopping, dancing on tables or other such things on Celebrity, NOT SAYING IT HASN'T HAPPENED but we have never seen it.

. OMO

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

My sea days are real simple no matter the Cruise line we're sailing with. I sit on the deck above the pool turn my lounger around to face the water and watch my day slowly drift by. Also enjoying a drink or few.

Edited by davekathy

Again, there's acres of quiet deck space to get a tan without sitting at probably the noisiest spot on the ship, the pool. And what is "Nice Music". At the pool, for the group I travel with that's 60s-80s rock or island music (reggae) and even a lot of current pop music. And that's what's often played at the pool which is great. I just shake my head when I read people complaining about loud music by the pool here on CC. If people want quiet don't sit by the pool! That way they won't have to complain about the loud music, and the rest of us won't have to complain about the ship having the music set to low. Which is exactly what we had to do on our last cruise. They had the volume set so low it was hard to make out what song was playing. Our group has started to bring our own Bluetooth speakers, that way if there is no ship music by the pool we can crank up our own.

Plenty of room on the ship to make everyone happy, just take a second to think about where you soak up the sun. Celebrity might want to consider putting up a sign that says "the pool deck is a high noise area" if you want quiet space please consider lounging in another location. That way if anyone complains about the noise the crew can point at the sign.

Well Celebrity's pools are not too noisy, so people can enjoy their time by the pool without looking for quiet places. Fine by me. :) I never heard people on X, complaining about too much noise too.

Reggae and other music as well as some tasteful competitions are fine too.

Edited by Tatka

The last cruise we were on the music got turned down real low, when we mentioned to the staff they said some one complained about the loud music. And then we said, "well, now we are complaining that we can't hear it". BTW, it was far from "loud" prior to getting turned down. Must have been some geezer with his hearing aid turned all the way up to bionic:rolleyes: I agree, the pools are far from noisy, but still, if peace and quiet are what you are after, the pool is probably not the spot. It must put the staff in an awkward position.

Edited by TFLG

The activities on Celebrity are different than Royal but there are still plenty. Out at the pool they had DJ or live music at different times during the day. They had line dancing, silent disco, pool volleyball, pool Olympics. I'm sure there were more that I didn't see. If you are on S-class they have bocce ball contest day 1. Also during the day are indoor activities like Trivia, lectures, dance lessons, live music. Evenings have productions shows, comedians (there were 2 on our week long cruise) and games shows (one like Love and Marriage on Royal, Liars Club, Dancing with the Stripes (although our last cruise didn't have this one). 70's or 80's parties (minus the cruise staff in costumes). this sailing had a Motown dance night out on the pool deck.

Yes, Celebrity is definitely a different vibe than the others but it still has plenty going on. I love the belly flop competition on Royal but I also love the serenity of Celebrity. It doesn't need to be an either or.

The activities on Celebrity are different than Royal but there are still plenty. Out at the pool they had DJ or live music at different times during the day. They had line dancing, silent disco, pool volleyball, pool Olympics. I'm sure there were more that I didn't see. If you are on S-class they have bocce ball contest day 1. Also during the day are indoor activities like Trivia, lectures, dance lessons, live music. Evenings have productions shows, comedians (there were 2 on our week long cruise) and games shows (one like Love and Marriage on Royal, Liars Club, Dancing with the Stripes (although our last cruise didn't have this one). 70's or 80's parties (minus the cruise staff in costumes). this sailing had a Motown dance night out on the pool deck.

Yes, Celebrity is definitely a different vibe than the others but it still has plenty going on. I love the belly flop competition on Royal but I also love the serenity of Celebrity. It doesn't need to be an either or.

Thank God!!! From looking at this thread I thought I was going to be sailing on the Grand Dead!! :eek: Good to know there will be something going on! I may be a grandma but I'm only 52 and not ready for a walker yet. But, what the heck is a silent disco??

Silent disco seems to be popular on all the cruises lately. Instead of a DJ playing music, everyone gets headphones. There are 3 different channels so people are dancing to the music they hear which may be totally different than the music the person next to them is hearing. I've never actually participated but people rave about how fun it is. Its usually one night instead of DJ - this was actually the first time I saw during the day at the pool.

The martini bar always had a good crowd too. The DJ often played there in the post dinner hours before heading to the "nightclub." Alternatively, the house band was nearby too and played current tunes. the live music is one of things I really like about Celebrity.

Thank God!!! From looking at this thread I thought I was going to be sailing on the Grand Dead!! :eek: Good to know there will be something going on! I may be a grandma but I'm only 52 and not ready for a walker yet. But, what the heck is a silent disco??

Thanks for asking. You were not the only one scratching their head saying.... What the...

Glad you asked.

....Must have been some geezer with his hearing aid turned all the way up to bionic:rolleyes:...

Apparently your mother didn't teach you basic manners - it's not nice to insult people without having any idea who they are or what their circumstances are. Personally, I'm buying stock in a hearing aid manufacturer, as virtually everyone will need them at some point in their lives.

Apparently your mother didn't teach you basic manners - it's not nice to insult people without having any idea who they are or what their circumstances are. Personally, I'm buying stock in a hearing aid manufacturer, as virtually everyone will need them at some point in their lives.

that was tongue in cheek. which should be pretty obvious.

But back to the original question. This post has a typical daily planner for a sea day so the OP can see what kind of activities they are likely to see on board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52083121&postcount=31