waves breakfast

chpal

We've done a few O cruises, but never had breakfast at Waves. Can anyone comment on the breakfast there? Do they offer a full bacon-eggs-toast breakfast, pancakes, etc., or simply a continental type? Is it like the lunch service there, where you order at the grill and then it's brought to your table?

On the ship it was just continental cold cereal, cold meat, cheeses, rolls ,juice, some fruit

On the O class 2 yrs ago it was hot & cold foods not sure on the pancakes but eggs & sausage, bacon as well as the cold offerings noted above

hopefully someone will have more current info for the O class ships

On the ship it was just continental cold cereal, cold meat, cheeses, rolls ,juice, some fruit

On the O class 2 yrs ago it was hot & cold foods not sure on the pancakes but eggs & sausage, bacon as well as the cold offerings noted above

hopefully someone will have more current info for the O class ships

Thanks - it was specifically the Marina and Riviera I was wanting info on.

We've done a few O cruises, but never had breakfast at Waves. Can anyone comment on the breakfast there? Do they offer a full bacon-eggs-toast breakfast, pancakes, etc., or simply a continental type? Is it like the lunch service there, where you order at the grill and then it's brought to your table?

Its a small continental self serve, bread cereal, fruit, cheese meats coffee and juice... thats It... no cooked anything ortoasted... they used to several years ago but not now.

Its a small continental self serve, bread cereal, fruit, cheese meats coffee and juice... thats It... no cooked anything ortoasted... they used to several years ago but not now.

Okay! That's different, then. That actually makes more sense.

When did it change? They had breakfast with eggs and bacon til 11am Oct13-26/16 on Riviera.

When did it change? They had breakfast with eggs and bacon til 11am Oct13-26/16 on Riviera.

That is how I remember it although I never ate there - only passed by the area on my way from Terrace to cabin.

For me the Terrace has many more choices and if you want to eat outdoors, there is always a possibility to do so on the aft veranda (weather and table availability permitting).

Edited by Paulchili

Seems like an O vs R ship thing. While I didn't eat there on Marina that we just got off of, I distinctly remember meat and eggs being available there. But then again, until I've had some caffeine my morning recollections aren't always that good.

Given my choice I like the serenity of the MDR for breakfast, but many times tour schedules don't allow that option.

You may be thinking of the Terrace Cafe.

Terrace closes at 9:30 & Waves is open until 11 with breakfast items

On the R class ships it is continental no hot food

O class ships they have hot food items eggs cooked to order etc...

Thanks for all the replies. I think I have it straight - on the Marina/Riviera, a "full" breakfast available in Waves until 11:a.m.

We, too, much prefer a gentle start to the day by having breakfast in the dining room, but it's good to know the options available (aside from the Terrace which we definitely do NOT prefer for breakfast).

On the O ships, Waves has the full breakfast option. A perfect example of when we go to Waves for breakfast: A cruise to the Baltic, or elsewhere where you are changing time zones everyday, and meeting that 8:30 tour group just gets earlier and earlier! :( Easy to dash into Waves, pick up some juice and a light breakfast for my wife, as she gets ready, and I munch down what I want. Even timelier and more easier that Room Service, imo. One gets to pick what looks good to them, at that moment! ;)

On the O ships, Waves has the full breakfast option. A perfect example of when we go to Waves for breakfast: A cruise to the Baltic, or elsewhere where you are changing time zones everyday, and meeting that 8:30 tour group just gets earlier and earlier! :( Easy to dash into Waves, pick up some juice and a light breakfast for my wife, as she gets ready, and I munch down what I want. Even timelier and more easier that Room Service, imo. One gets to pick what looks good to them, at that moment! ;)

This was the same for us in the South Pacific in Feb 16. For slower relaxing starts we use the GDR but Waves is perfect for less formal and quicker mornings. Obviously the choice is restricted but a good hot breakfast is available.

deleted

Edited by Paulchili

• 2 weeks later...