Transfer Southampton to Heathrow

coolcagolfer

We used International Friends UK to get from London to Southampton. All the other companies mentioned in this thread were booked. We thought we were gonna take the train but it became too involved. So...International Friends showed up punctually and delivered the 4 of us to the port, along with one other couple. I cannot remember the exact cost but think it was around 70 GBP per person. I don't know if I am allowed to post their website here, but they were good.

We pre-booked another company to get from Southampton to Heathrow, and I liked them slightly better. A little more expensive; 170 GBP for two people in a private car. This was Majestic Taxis.

• 4 years later...
On 6/21/2018 at 11:09 PM, caribill said:

No. if you have a return transfer is must be used the day you disembark the ship.

If you are touring after the cruise, there is no reason for you to purchase the return xfer. If you did purchase it, cancel it.

My TA just added RT transfers to our cruise invoice for $128.  When we arrive at Heathrow the day before sailing, can we have the transfer company drop us off at a hotel in Southampton near the terminal?  And find our way to the terminal the next morning.  And at debarkation can we be transported to a hotel close to Heathrow if we plan to spend the night before our flight home?  Or I suppose we could stay a few more days and find our way to the airport either way.  Just want to make sure Princess will transport us to a hotel.  

4 hours ago, Linsifer said:

My TA just added RT transfers to our cruise invoice for $128.  When we arrive at Heathrow the day before sailing, can we have the transfer company drop us off at a hotel in Southampton near the terminal?  And find our way to the terminal the next morning.  And at debarkation can we be transported to a hotel close to Heathrow if we plan to spend the night before our flight home?  Or I suppose we could stay a few more days and find our way to the airport either way.  Just want to make sure Princess will transport us to a hotel.  

If your return transfer are with Princess, they only have transfers on embankment day from airport to port and disembarkment port to airport or port to London Victoria Coach station.  If you have a hotel booked with Princess the transfers are included Airport-hotel-Southampton.

If you plan to stay at a hotel post cruise near LHR, I suggest you book

www.internationalfriends.co.uk.  

They pick up at Southampton port,

stop at Salisbury, Stonehenge and Windsor then drop off at London hotels, LHR hotels.

Depending on which LHR terminal you arrive at, there are hotels attached to the airport.  You can spend the night pre and post cruise, walk back to the airport and take Princess transfer.

Edited by phabric

If staying in London, I have used a car service -

www.justairports.com

from LHR to my London hotel and London hotel to LHR.  Use your hotel’s postal code to get a quote.

Edited by phabric

7 hours ago, Linsifer said:

I really do not see how you would have roundtrip transfers for $128.00 (for two). Our transfers with Princess from Southampton to LHR are $118.00

We paid Quay West Cars 140.00 English Pounds for a transfer from LHR to our Southampton Hotel the day before the cruise.

We took a cab from our Southampton hotel to the port for about 10.00 English pounds.

I suggest you get details from your TA as this really does not make sense.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2017 at 5:55 AM, coolcagolfer said:

We have a group of four that will be transferring from Southampton to Heathrow airport. Does anyone know what the cost would be to take a cab vs Princess transfer? Can you just pick a cab at the terminal?

The Princess transfer is $59.00 per person. You might also look at Blackberry Cars for 4 people. We shared a car with them last year (6 people) from the port to LHR.

4 hours ago, nini said:

I really do not see how you would have roundtrip transfers for $128.00 (for two). Our transfers with Princess from Southampton to LHR are $118.00

We paid Quay West Cars 140.00 English Pounds for a transfer from LHR to our Southampton Hotel the day before the cruise.

We took a cab from our Southampton hotel to the port for about 10.00 English pounds.

I suggest you get details from your TA as this really does not make sense.

My TA said the transfers are $128 round trip per person.  Sorry for not clarifying. 

18 hours ago, Linsifer said:

If you have booked RT transfers, they are for the day of embarkation and the day of disembarkation unless you have also booked Princess hotel reservations.

If you want to stay in Southampton pre-cruise, then cancel the arrival transfer and make other plans to get to Southampton. If you want to keep your pre-cruise transfer, then book a hotel near the airport and return to the airport on embarkation day morning to take the Princess transfer.

Post cruise Princess can transfer you to either the airport itself and then it is up to you to get to an airport area hotel or to downtown London at a bus station from which you could find you own way to a London hotel.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

If you have booked RT transfers, they are for the day of embarkation and the day of disembarkation unless you have also booked Princess hotel reservations.

If you want to stay in Southampton pre-cruise, then cancel the arrival transfer and make other plans to get to Southampton. If you want to keep your pre-cruise transfer, then book a hotel near the airport and return to the airport on embarkation day morning to take the Princess transfer.

Post cruise Princess can transfer you to either the airport itself and then it is up to you to get to an airport area hotel or to downtown London at a bus station from which you could find you own way to a London hotel.

Thank you. I now know how it works.  We’ll arrive a couple days early and stay at a hotel near the airport instead.  Then get back to the airport to catch the transfer to Southampton terminal the day of our cruise.  That’s what others here have done, it turns out.  And after our cruise, we’ll do the same in reverse.  Transfer to Heathrow and get to the hotel on our own (maybe one with a shuttle) back to the airport two or three days later. 

3 hours ago, Linsifer said:

Thank you. I now know how it works.  We’ll arrive a couple days early and stay at a hotel near the airport instead.  Then get back to the airport to catch the transfer to Southampton terminal the day of our cruise.  That’s what others here have done, it turns out.  And after our cruise, we’ll do the same in reverse.  Transfer to Heathrow and get to the hotel on our own (maybe one with a shuttle) back to the airport two or three days later. 

Heathrow area hotels use a shared shuttle service which has a charge.

3 hours ago, Linsifer said:

Heathrow area hotels use a shared shuttle service which has a charge.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Linsifer said:

Sorry, but this really does not sound like a great way to spend your time in England; at an airport hotel? I suggest you go to the British Isles board.

Edited by nini
Additions
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nini said:

Sorry, but this really does not sound like a great way to spend your time in England; at an airport hotel? I suggest you go to the British Isles board.

Thank you for your suggestion!  Since this cruise isn’t going to happen for almost two years, I’m sure we’ll find the perfect hotel before then.:)  For the stay AFTER the cruise I didn’t mean we would be staying close to the airport as we would BEFORE in order to get our transfer to the terminal.  Again, we’ve got time to plan this adventure!  We still have a cruise to Canada/NE next year to plan.