NEW LIVE - Marina, Feb 1 to Feb 8 - Not sldispatcher/David (Too bad - Ha!)

What A Market

YoHoHo

Loads of umbrellas, both at the pool area and the beach. There are clamshell loungers on the beach as well. Also, private, tented cabanas around the pool. (Not to be confused with the large cabana structures on the beach.) The poolside cabanas need to be reserved thru the pool attendants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YoHoHo

Loads of umbrellas, both at the pool area and the beach. There are clamshell loungers on the beach as well. Also, private, tented cabanas around the pool. (Not to be confused with the large cabana structures on the beach.) The poolside cabanas need to be reserved thru the pool attendants.

The poolside cabanas are listed as a "tour" on Oceania's website so the likelihood is they won't be available unless by chance all were not reserved. We reserved one for our visit and as I recall they are $250 for the day.

And I agree .... Europe requires the longest cruise possible!!!:)

We did a 7 day Caribbean cruise 2 years ago. I was sure it would be an exercise in frustration due to the length. I was pleasantly surprised. We had a great time and I would do again. However my preference is always for more- longer, higher, deeper, more $$$$. [emoji23]

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Chair "police" out trying to impose order of the chair hogs. Sad to see these hard working guys getting yelled at by an inconsiderate slob. This same person is also hogging two chairs -- one in the sun and one in shade. Ridiculous.

Now I'm worried. i naively thought there would be no chair hogs on Oceania. They were really bad in Dec. on RCCL.

They are a rare breed but sighted on some cruises :D

Just speak to the pool attendant & let them or management deal with the hogs

YoHoHo

Thanks for the info. Just might be in Clamshell C. Envisioning SpongeBob Squarepants frame.

Enjoying your posts and pictures

Off the ship. Extremely fast and easy. Disembarked at 8:00am. No lines, no people trying to rush the gangplank. Found our bags in a couple of minutes and cleared passport control in less than a minute.

Used Lyft for transportation to MIA. Driver arrived in three minutes. No morning rush hour traffic, at least not in our direction. Trip time to MIA was just over nineteen minutes. Cost was twenty dollars.

Love ending Oceania cruises with zero stress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off the ship. Extremely fast and easy. Disembarked at 8:00am. No lines, no people trying to rush the gangplank. Found our bags in a couple of minutes and cleared passport control in less than a minute.

Used Lyft for transportation to MIA. Driver arrived in three minutes. No morning rush hour traffic, at least not in our direction. Trip time to MIA was just over nineteen minutes. Cost was twenty dollars.

Your disembarkation and road trip was a breeze! Did you expect that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our experience was similar. Disembarked at 8:45. Walked right off the ship. And except for waiting in line on the terminal elevator (no one told the passengers they could go right to stairs or left to the elevator. Everyone went left as we didn't know there was another choice. Line backed up.) we were well on our way after grabbing luggage and briefly showing our passports. No wait. We walked through the taxi ropes and hoped in a cab. Made it to the airport in 10 minutes. Driver was fast. :eek: So that was a little stressful for me. Cost was $27.

Enjoyed reading your report. Never met you, but I am pretty sure we saw you a couple of times. The last was in Toscana on Tuesday night. That was one long dinner! You were sitting on a bench along the wall. You and your wife talking to others along the same wall. Correct? We were sitting at the very end of the restaurant at a table for 2, among 3 tables that were facing the dark window. Our backs to the rest of the restaurant. The ship was swaying back there, too. We felt like we were in time out. :( Service very slow, but dinner pretty good. Our waiter was very friendly. He was on his first contract.

Easyboy: with respect to expectations for disembarkation, I guess I was a bit concerned based on a previous thread regarding the Miami disembarking process as well as a comment sldispatcher made regarding his disembarkation process on the cruise immediately prior to mine.

Our flight home out of Miami International was scheduled for 11:00AM. The previous thread contained dire warnings on early flight times. All I can say is we had no problems making an 11:00AM flight. Just shows you can't tell what might happen from cruise to cruise. A few things that I know benefited me:

1.) I picked this cruise for a variety of reasons. One was the Wednesday to Wednesday schedule. Flying mid-week is almost always easier than flying any other time. Fewer business travelers and far fewer vacation travelers.

2.) By looking at Port of Miami cruise calendar, I could see there was little or no cruise activity in port on our Wednesday to Wednesday schedule. No other ships in port on embarkation day. One Disney ship on disembarkation day. This made for very quick and easy process of getting in and out of the port.

3.) I'm not sure why it was so quiet on the ship during disembarkation. There were no lines anywhere I saw. And very few people even congregating waiting for their disembarkation number to be called.

Do the top suites get priority disembarkation??

One cruise we did not get a taxi until after 10:30 am we got to MIA just before they close the checkin for our 12:30 flight

Other times we have been at the airport by 9:30 after getting off at 9 am

You just never know