Pier Runners viewing

jsvarp

We like lido balcony cabins, so we cheer from there. The best place other than that is on the deck where Guest Services and Shore Excursions are located. That open deck outside allows your "Run Forrest" efforts to reach your audience.

Edited by BallFour4

We usually get a balcony on the port side, but none were available on deck 12 when we booked the Breeze, so we took a starboard side balcony.

We were disappointed that we would not be able to see our ship's runners from our balcony. However, in Cozumel we had a great view of the runners headed to the Dream. There were several people who were 30 minutes late. 2 gangways had been pulled and ropes were slack when they finally showed up to the cheers and jeer of those on both the Breeze and the Dream.

We like lido balcony cabins, so we cheer from there. The best place other than that is on the deck where Guest Services and Shore Excursions are located. That open deck outside allows your "Run Forrest" efforts to reach your audience.

Funny how some people really move and others just casually stroll down the pier.

My balcony! :) While praying that unforeseen circumstances never, ever place me in that position! I really feel for those people because you don't know what caused their delay. If it is too much alcohol and passing out in the sun, I have zero sympathy. If it is because your shore excursion transportation broke down, then yikes!:eek:

My balcony! :) While praying that unforeseen circumstances never, ever place me in that position! I really feel for those people because you don't know what caused their delay. If it is too much alcohol and passing out in the sun, I have zero sympathy. If it is because your shore excursion transportation broke down, then yikes!:eek:

Very true but think that most runners would not pass a police sobriety test:eek:

This is great. I Have yet to see a pier runner and am excited and will be looking when I am on the liberty next month. SHould be fun.....

Same here, We have watched but never seen any... I guess thats a good thing though!:rolleyes:

We were on deck 11, starboard side in Jamaica and saw quite a few. One poor old lady stumbled and fell in slow motion and laid there for quite awhile before she finally got up. We felt so badly for her, tons of crew had run out to help her.

My wife and I were pier walkers one time in Jamaica. Our very first cruise, first port, she dislocated her shoulder at Dunns River Falls. Luckily we had purchased insurance and it was a Carnival excursion as she was taken to a doctor's office where they popped it back in. Carnival had a taxi waiting for us and we raced back to the ship. We were an hour late getting back. We were cheered as we walked up to the ship.