Club class and Suite on the Grand

Shaver John

Has anyone been on the Grand Princess and been in Club Class. We are going in 2 weeks and have a suite, but wondered if the suite breakfast is in the Crown Grill or Sabatinis. Please let us know, we are getting very excited, but just wondering how the Club Class is going on the Grand Princess. Thank you for any updates...

Has anyone been on the Grand Princess and been in Club Class. We are going in 2 weeks and have a suite, but wondered if the suite breakfast is in the Crown Grill or Sabatinis. Please let us know, we are getting very excited, but just wondering how the Club Class is going on the Grand Princess. Thank you for any updates...

It has been my experience on many Princess ships including the Grand Princess that the suite breakfast is held in Sabatini's except on the ships that have converted Sabatini's to the Curtis Stone Share restaurant like on the Ruby Princess. In that case, the suite breakfast is held in the Crown Grill.

More specific to the original question: there have been multiple reports here from the ships that have launched Club Class Dining that the Suite Breakfast is still being offered in Sabatini's or equivalent. So those is Club Class Mini-Suites have the Club Class section of the MDR to themselves at breakfast.

I am on the Grand right now. Club Class breakfast is in the Crown Grill.

Cheers, Denise

Just to be clear. are you saying that both Full Suite passengers and Club Class Mini Suite passengers can attend the breakfast in Crown Grill? It appears so because the list of suite amenities on the Grand Princess page no longer lists the 'special mimosa breakfast' as a separate perk:

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/ap-grand-princess/

Another question Denise based on reading the Grand suite / club class pages - is the Crown Grill breakfast only on sea days? The listing for Club Class dining seems to indicate that. The pdf Suite benefits still lists the mimosa breakfast every day.

thanks,

Bob

I am not in s suite or Club Class but the Crown Grill has several tables with passengers having breakfast every morning. Oopsie! Now that I think about it, it may just be the suites. Club Class also has breakfast in DaVinci.

Brain is also on cruise control after 10 days. LOL

Cheers, Denise

On the Grand, suite breakfasts are in the Crown Grill. Club class is in the DaVinci. The last morning club class had a regular breakfast, and I believe suites were also there. Previously suites had access to room service. Suites are invited to the club part of the restaurant for lunch and dinner.

Just got off the Grand yesterday, occupying a full suite. Breakfast is in the Crown Grill now, no longer in Sabatini's. On the last day (yesterday), breakfast was not served in the Crown Grill, but full suite passengers could eat breakfast in the Club Class section of the DaVinci dining room (actually they could eat there any day, not just the last day). I believe the breakfast menu for Club Class is the same as breakfast in the rest of DaVinci for all other passengers, although we always ate in the Crown Grill for breakfast so I can't testify to days other than yesterday. There might have been a "special" offering on other days, like at lunch or dinner with one special addition to the normal dining room menu.

Just got off the Grand yesterday, occupying a full suite. Breakfast is in the Crown Grill now, no longer in Sabatini's. On the last day (yesterday), breakfast was not served in the Crown Grill, but full suite passengers could eat breakfast in the Club Class section of the DaVinci dining room (actually they could eat there any day, not just the last day). I believe the breakfast menu for Club Class is the same as breakfast in the rest of DaVinci for all other passengers, although we always ate in the Crown Grill for breakfast so I can't testify to days other than yesterday. There might have been a "special" offering on other days, like at lunch or dinner with one special addition to the normal dining room menu.

There was fresh orange juice, and most days the head waiter would make omelettes, sometimes something else like fried spam.:rolleyes:

Breakfast for full suite passengers is available in the Crown Grill (only for suite passengers) or the Club Class section of DaVinci. Nothing else is reserved, but you can eat in the regular breakfast area of DaVinci or the Horizon Court buffet.

Lunch is only available in the Club Class section of DaVinci on sea days, for CC and full suite passengers. Nothing on port days. There is no special lunch area just for full suite passengers on either port or sea days.

Just got back from a ten day Mexico cruise. Suite breakfast is in Crown Crill, or at least it was on our cruise. It has been in Sabatini's on past cruises. The only real advantage of Club Class was the ability to eat in the main dining room whenever we wanted and get seated fairly quickly. We had a very nice Maitre'd and hostess, but the menu and service is basically the same as the main dining room with one or two specials that were not impressive. Club Class is ok but don't believe all the hype, I would not pay extra for it. We missed not having the same servers every time.

One of the "perks" of Club Class that was mentioned in the rollout was "Evening Canapés, upon request". Any comments from Previous CC folks that requested these delivered to their stateroom?

49er

One of the "perks" of Club Class that was mentioned in the rollout was "Evening Canapés, upon request". Any comments from Previous CC folks that requested these delivered to their stateroom?

49er

There will be a card in your room to hang on the door to order the evening canapes. We only ordered once as we just didn't "need" anything more to eat:p

As I recall there are 6 different types to choose from. You can have one of each or choose your favorites. The card must be out by 9PM for next day service. You are also given a timeframe to choose, much like the breakfast room service card.

They were fresh and tasted ok but not really anything to write home about.

Thanks for the information. I just booked a Hawaii cruise for next year from SF (will be nice not to have to fly before/after a cruise for once!) and booked a window suite, which the website comes with full suite perks. Do you know with the Club class menus look like? Are they just the same with a few extra steak or lobster tail options here and there, or more than that? Is the service noticeably better? Finally, can you go an assigned table or is this only for anytime dining (within the Club class).

Thanks!

Our exposure to CC dining on the Grand was very limited, so others may have different views. The menus are the same as the main dining room, with the addition of perhaps a single additional entree or appetizer, like freshly made pasta. The service was not noticeably different, neither better or worse. Seating is fairly immediate, but that also means you can have a different table and waitstaff for each meal. All in all, it was a nice option for full suite passengers, but we actually prefer to eat in the MD with the same table and waitstaff every night. We get great service (but we also eat at 7:30 or so when things slow down a bit).

We are in a full suite and this will be our first time enjoying Club Class...although on this cruise we will not have family or friends traveling with us ...but if we did are they permitted to come to diner with us in the Club Class ?

Edited by LazyMary

We will be on the Grand Princess in a full Suite and are looking forward to Club Class. Love not needing reservations and really having anytime dining ...anytime....Just wondering if we were traveling with family or friends that are not Club Class would they be allowed to join us in the Club Class dining ?