Afternoon Tea

sissylala

Ok fellow princess lovers, I was looking on the royal princess platter and saw that they now charge a ten dollar fee per person for the tea, this is a tea that has always been complimentary.

Is this now on all the ships? The tea wasn't really much different that you could get at the buffet. Anyone else experience this? Comments?

We are going on our 35th princess cruise this year but with all the cutbacks (entertainment was horrible on the last cruise) we are wondering if it is time to try a new line.

The Royal and Regal have an afternoon tea that has a charge, but there is still the fee free in one of the dining rooms. The tea that has a charge is in a special area of the piazza. It includes special service, a string quartet to serenade you and upgraded tea selections. It is well worth the charge.

Ok fellow princess lovers, I was looking on the royal princess platter and saw that they now charge a ten dollar fee per person for the tea, this is a tea that has always been complimentary.

Is this now on all the ships? The tea wasn't really much different that you could get at the buffet. Anyone else experience this? Comments?

We are going on our 35th princess cruise this year but with all the cutbacks (entertainment was horrible on the last cruise) we are wondering if it is time to try a new line.

Whoa! Not a cutback.......

There are 2. One fancy $10 one in the atrium and the free one in the DR.

they now charge a ten dollar fee per person for the tea, this is a tea that has always been complimentary.

Royal Afternoon Tea is held in the Piazza of Royal and Regal Princess on certain sea days. $20 per person with champagne, $10 without. In addition to the standard tea goodies, you get a bowl of fresh berries, a warm sticky pudding, and your choice of tea flavors served in individual pots (like at breakfast in the MDR).

But had you continued reading the Patter all the way to the dining listings on the back page you would have discovered that the regular Afternoon Tea was still served in one of the dining rooms at 3:30 every afternoon (except turnaround days) for no charge. And thus spared us another diatribe about alleged "cutbacks".

Does the regular Afternoon Tea include scones with clotted cream? I'm guessing not. We're sailing on Coral and I don't know if they have the Royal Afternoon tea. I'll pay $10 if I get real scones, clotted cream and Darjeeling tea so I can pretend I'm sitting in Brown's Hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does the regular Afternoon Tea include scones with clotted cream? I'm guessing not. We're sailing on Coral and I don't know if they have the Royal Afternoon tea. I'll pay $10 if I get real scones, clotted cream and Darjeeling tea so I can pretend I'm sitting in Brown's Hotel.

Both tea's include them. The Coral does not have the tea for a fee. Just the free one.

My last trip on the Royal I discovered they also served scones, cream and jam plus a few other little tidbits up in the buffet dessert area. They'd be set out at 3:30. So sometimes I just grabbed a snack and had tea on my balcony if I wasn't feeling particularly social.

I also took part in the Royal Afternoon Tea which has the $10 charge. I love tea. Drink it daily. Loose leaf. Mix my own, etc. Have partaken in many "teas" but this one I really didn't like. Thought the tea was fairly awful actually. Of course the waiter starting out by saying "no one particularly like this one" really didn't help. A Lot of food served though so it could take place of dinner if you wish.

Headed to the Royal in 45 days :) Can't wait for scones and tea. (Just won't be paying extra for it.)

This is for the Elegant tea. I feel it's worth the charge. You'll find it on the Piazza. The standard tea is offered in one of the dining rooms. It's nice, but not as nice as the $10 tea.

I just had the Royal tea last week on the Regal and it was Wonderful! It came with five course of eats and 3 courses of Tea. They were all good. I will post pics and pics of the menu. Well worth the $10 I went twice last week. The quartet playing was lovely. You sign up for it in the Piazza by the tea tower. The tea is held at 3 p.m. at Sabatini's. Enjoy! I will do this again when I return. The two shows I saw were amazing Feria and Bravo. I frequent broadway shows in NYC and I thought the Talent on the Princess Regal was amazing! I was blown away.

Sandwiches were egg salad, cucumber, chicken salad and smoked salmon. The scones were raisin. I don't usually like raisins but these scones were so good! You start off with the fruit, sandwiches, sweets, scones and then a strawberry dessert with meringue topping. It was all so good. You also get three different teas. I did this twice it was so good.

There was salami, ham and cheese, vegetarian and tuna salad sandwiches. They came around with a cookie tray, dessert tray and scones tray. You could get as much as you wanted. You had only one selection of tea which was Lipton I believe. It was enjoyable! I went twice by myself and was sat with other people. Not unpleasant.

Did the Royal tea in the Piazza with my DW who is the family tea expert. For the $10 it was a pleasant experience and certainly an upgrade to the regular tea which we also do at times. Usually some entertainment going on as well.

Both tea's include them. The Coral does not have the tea for a fee. Just the free one.

Thanks.

I wish I'd done it on the Royal, but DH said he wasn't going to spend extra money just for tea when he drinks it at the kitchen table every day.

I'll just have to enjoy the free one and spend my $10 elsewhere! And his, too.

Thanks.

I wish I'd done it on the Royal, but DH said he wasn't going to spend extra money just for tea when he drinks it at the kitchen table every day.

I'll just have to enjoy the free one and spend my $10 elsewhere! And his, too.

Well if you pay my way I can't flit around your table during tea and throw confetti. :p

Sandwiches were egg salad, cucumber, chicken salad and smoked salmon. The scones were raisin. I don't usually like raisins but these scones were so good! You start off with the fruit, sandwiches, sweets, scones and then a strawberry dessert with meringue topping. It was all so good. You also get three different teas. I did this twice it was so good.

Does anyone know if fruit-free scones are available on Princess ships? I'm quite happy with fruity ones, but my fussy friend will kick off big time if that's all there is...;)

Mimi -- I see your a tea fan too!

The other Mimi

There was salami, ham and cheese, vegetarian and tuna salad sandwiches. They came around with a cookie tray, dessert tray and scones tray. You could get as much as you wanted. You had only one selection of tea which was Lipton I believe. It was enjoyable! I went twice by myself and was sat with other people. Not unpleasant.

That was the free tea in the dining room. BTW, although they come around with Lipton tea, you can request a different tea. I always have Earl Grey. They bring it to me in a little pot. There is no charge for this.