Someone in trouble on Liberty

My wife did her own PD dialysis in our room on Liberty last year. Worked with Baxter to get all supplies delivered to the ship and they were waiting in our room when we arrived. Worked very well. PD is not Hemodialysis but I did want to chime in our experience.

Good info as well, kudos to RCI and Baxter, that's a ton of weight in boxes.

Also, PD is definitely the way to go for traveling, no machine needed.

Best of health to both of you!

My family and I will be sailing on Liberty and we booked an interior room on deck 10. Does anyone know which room number on Deck 10 that incident occurs at ?

Thanks

Just look for the cabin with a search warrant taped to the door.

Do they need a search warrant? I assumed lurking somewhere in the cruise documents' wall of text that I signed there was a waiver.

I don't know the codes, being an inexperienced cruiser, but last Nov. we had one where we retrieved an empty life jacket - quite the entertainment on that sea day to watch the little boat zipping around.

Then there was the one for the fire - I recognized that one as a fire when the code was announced, something about fire crew X report to XYZ clued me in on that.

Do they need a search warrant? I assumed lurking somewhere in the cruise documents' wall of text that I signed there was a waiver.

I don't know the codes, being an inexperienced cruiser, but last Nov. we had one where we retrieved an empty life jacket - quite the entertainment on that sea day to watch the little boat zipping around.

Then there was the one for the fire - I recognized that one as a fire when the code was announced, something about fire crew X report to XYZ clued me in on that.

Bravo is the fire code.

Alpha is medical.

Oscar is man overboard.

Bravo is the fire code.

Alpha is medical.

Oscar is man overboard.

Thanks! And I heard them all on one 7 night cruise!

Although the Oscar wasn't overboard from our ship.

The Bravo Bravo Bravo caught my attention because it included directions to report to a specific locale for a specific crew group.

Yours.

I refrained. I'm glad you didn't, I was a bit sad to see the delay before this post was made. [emoji106]??

Thank you for the information. My 7 years old son has thyroid cancer and spread to his lungs, he's on oxygen tank for breathing beside that he also has asthma. This will be his last cruise as the Dr. don't expect his survival time to be more than 3 months.

Edited by FamilyMan

Thank you for the information. My 7 years old son has thyroid cancer and spread to his lungs, he's on oxygen tank for breathing beside that he also has asthma. This will be his last cruise as the Dr. don't expect his survival time to be more than 3 months.

I am truly sorry to hear that however there is no way anyone here could have known that. Whatever room had any issues should be thoroughly cleaned and there shouldn't be any trace of whatever it was that caused the issue in the first place.

As a former SAR Tech posted out of Comox, BC. I have personally flown to and assisted in a few emergency surgeries, on board cruise ships. We would always bring a few items, in case needed, but the facilities on board usually sufficed. This is back in the early 90's, so i'd assume the infirmaries are much better these days. Although i don't know if their physicians can perform surgery, they didn't back then. Our most common one was appendectomies.

I am sorry to hear this.

Your link has key words that are blocked but I googled, and it says 1 licensed physician and at least 2 RN's every ship.

I wonder how fully equipped they actually are? eg; if they have defibrillators and are able to intubate, administer inotropes or even basic meds like nitrospray or aspirin (I've worked in the ICU). And if the physician is a general practitioner or is trained in emergency medicine. I don't recall a helipad on mine but I may be wrong.

was on an EOS cruise when a man had a heart attack in the dining room. Man was gray as they wheeled him behind me. They shocked him and went full speed into Halifax. When they took him off he was waving to the doctor and nurses!

was on an EOS cruise when a man had a heart attack in the dining room. Man was gray as they wheeled him behind me. They shocked him and went full speed into Halifax. When they took him off he was waving to the doctor and nurses!

... and after a PCI, off to his next b2b :D

No one is expected to die on a warship?? I was on a Carrier, The average is 10 who do not make it back per deployment and that is a peace time number.....

On Forrestal we had a crew of airdales heading back to JAX via helo after a med, it went down with all hands. Had a LCDR die from eating too many peaches....sad but true.