Someone in trouble on Liberty

And what ship where you on? DH was on several Naval ships and all had morgues.

BTW, we sailed Carnival many years ago with two bodies.

No morgue on Forrestal; maybe they did years after that, no idea. She was scrapped recently. What ships was DH on? You never know, small Navy world.

His quote is accurate -- RCCL has 50,000 passengers a week and accounts for 23% of cruises booked.

200 deaths per year x 0.23 = 46 RCCL deaths per year or average of 0.88 deaths per week.

So on average, about 1 person dies on an RCCL ship per week. Maybe not the ship you're on, but on one of them.

Someone passed away on our Mediterranean cruise, and they took him off at the next port. There was about a 2-3 hour disembarkation delay, while they processed the body with local authorities.

I dont think so.You comment startled me I had to do research on it.

The research shows 200 deaths a year with all cruise ships worldwide.

It's more common that you realize. You would never know unless you are near it or see it.

Had someone die in the cabin next to us on the first full day of our NCL Escape cruise in November of last year. Code Alpha (NCL Medical Emergency) called, medical staff and gurney in the hallway with no emergent life saving work going on. They had medical staff and a defibrillator but no activity with it. When we left our cabin they had the hall blocked by security and we were asked to move along quickly and not look in the cabin. No movement in the cabin after that day. The room steward was given a few days off - we assume he walked into a bad situation. On disembarkation they had what looked to be a crime scene photographer in the room - room had obviously not been touched since the day of the medical emergency.

I heard from someone who recently worked on the LOS that while they have a morgue, it is limited in size. They always know when they get Ben and Jerrys in the Crew Mess that additional freezer room was needed.

I'm finding that a little hard to believe. Wouldn't it be a sanitation issue to put a dead body in the food freezer? :eek: I hope they were joking.

We did a behind the scenes tour on Carnival Victory and walked past the morgue and the brig. The tour coordinator said both were unoccupied at the time.

He made up those averages based on assumptions not facts. He quoted 46 deaths a year on Royal Caribbean ships when in reality there has been only 47 deaths in the last 10 years. FACT
You quote a source of http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/Deat...uise_Line.html for your “facts”. I have been unable to determine who is behind that website, but it doesn’t seem to be any official governmental body.

http://websites.milonic.com/cruiseshipdeaths.com comment on that site is:

“There is still a lack of data on safety and reputation of this domain, so you should be very careful when browsing it.”

I don’t know who is right or wrong in terms of actual facts, but you need better sourcing before claiming in all capitals “FACT”

Of course you read it on the internet, so it must be true.:rolleyes:

You quote a source of http://www.cruiseshipdeaths.com/Deat...uise_Line.html for your “facts”. I have been unable to determine who is behind that website, but it doesn’t seem to be any official governmental body.

“There is still a lack of data on safety and reputation of this domain, so you should be very careful when browsing it.”

I don’t know who is right or wrong in terms of actual facts, but you need better sourcing before claiming in all capitals “FACT”

Somehow a group that calls itself "Cruise Bruise Investigations" doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence, and I'd be careful in assuming that their information constitutes "FACT".

Someone passed away on our Mediterranean cruise, and they took him off at the next port. There was about a 2-3 hour disembarkation delay, while they processed the body with local authorities.

........someone "offed himself" on one of my river boat cruise on the Danube and that river boat went full steam ahead to meet the local police and medical crew at the nearest stop at 3 a.m.. I never knew those boats could cruise at such a high rate of speed.

So on average, about 1 person dies on an RCCL ship per week. Maybe not the ship you're on, but on one of them.

You should see how many HAL pax come off in Florida, either ambulances or body bags.

I'll chose to believe my finding, instead of your alternative facts. At least I'm able to prove my point with some sort of research, whereas you're just pulling numbers out of an alternative world :rolleyes:

You didnt even get the number of passengers on a Royal Caribbean ship at a given time, its definitely not 50k.

You should see how many HAL pax come off in Florida, either ambulances or body bags.

On our 10 day HAL cruise two years ago we saw 2 people taken off by ambulance, and one by helicopter while cruising in the Bahamas. That was wild. And that was only what we witnessed.

I'll chose to believe my finding, instead of your alternative facts. At least I'm able to prove my point with some sort of research, whereas you're just pulling numbers out of an alternative world :rolleyes:

You didnt even get the number of passengers on a Royal Caribbean ship at a given time, its definitely not 50k.

You quoted the only post I've made previous to this one on this thread. I quoted NO numbers, so your claims that I had "alternative facts" are totally bogus - so much for your research and your ability to prove your point.

At the time of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Annual Report for 2014 (the last published one; 2015 will be out shortly) RCCL had 105,750 Berths which was 23.6% of the 448,000 Berths marketed globally.

There are 300 cruise ships worldwide and RCCL has 25 ships, so how is it that they handle 23% of cruises?
RCCL stands for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd and at the time of the 2014 Annual Report they had 46 ships. In 2014 RCCL had 5,149,952 passengers who cruised for 36,710,966 cruise days (or an average cruise length of 7.13 days). My numbers are directly from the RCCL Annual Report which I will believe a lot more than Cruise Bruise Investigations.

You quoted the only post I've made previous to this one on this thread. I quoted NO numbers, so your claims that I had "alternative facts" are totally bogus - so much for your research and your ability to prove your point.

At the time of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd Annual Report for 2014 (the last published one; 2015 will be out shortly) RCCL had 105,750 Berths which was 23.6% of the 448,000 Berths marketed globally.

RCCL stands for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd and at the time of the 2014 Annual Report they had 46 ships. In 2014 RCCL had 5,149,952 passengers who cruised for 36,710,966 cruise days (or an average cruise length of 7.13 days). My numbers are directly from the RCCL Annual Report which I will believe a lot more than Cruise Bruise Investigations.

Yes continue to believe that people die weekly on a royal caribbean cruise. I still dont believe your numbers.

... I still dont believe your numbers.
The ONLY numbers I quoted came from RCCL's Form 10-K filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission available on line at http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-reportsannual . Yet you do not believe them?

Either contact the SEC and accuse RCCL of perjury or quit making such foolish statements. You are truly making a fool of yourself.

The ONLY numbers I quoted came from RCCL's Form 10-K filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission available on line at http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-reportsannual . Yet you do not believe them?

Either contact the SEC and accuse RCCL of perjury or quit making such foolish statements. You are truly making a fool of yourself.

..........or maybe the Russians changed the numbers................:D

On Forrestal we had a crew of airdales heading back to JAX via helo after a med, it went down with all hands. Had a LCDR die from eating too many peaches....sad but true.

I know all about it... I was on the ship with you.....the next deployment prior to Philly we lost about 8. Heart attack, ladder fall, 3 jet crashes were a couple I remember. I was E division.......

Ok my bad, I think our quotes got lost in translation. I did not mean my comments towards you. So my apologies. I confused you with the other poster who claimed that someone dies on a Royal Carribean cruise weekly. Again I am sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Lisa8

I agree.

Interesting how aggressive the other poster is.

You're truly making a fool out yourself by assuming that Royal Caribbean ships has a death weekly without any info to back up that claim.

The numbers I'm talking about is the deaths. Financial reports dont prove your case that a person dies weekly on Royal Caribbean Cruise

For the sake of clarity, could you quote the post(s) where TravelerThom states this assumption?

For the sake of clarity, could you quote the post(s) where TravelerThom states this assumption?

Sorry for the confusion, I misread TravelerThom for another poster who kept claiming a person dies every week on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I had to go pages back after he stated he never quoted anything besides the RCL form :( thats when I realized my mistake.

Your link has key words that are blocked but I googled, and it says 1 licensed physician and at least 2 RN's every ship.

I wonder how fully equipped they actually are? eg; if they have defibrillators and are able to intubate, administer inotropes or even basic meds like nitrospray or aspirin (I've worked in the ICU). And if the physician is a general practitioner or is trained in emergency medicine. I don't recall a helipad on mine but I may be wrong.

I actually had drinks with ships Dr. Back then the Diamond group gathering might be only 10-14 total and incl most senior staff. He was trained as a General Practitioner and in Emergency Med. Think some of bigger ships have at least 2 Dr and 3-4 nurses, now I heard that somewhere but can't remember where. And even malls have Defibrillators now....