What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Congrats!! That's so exciting! Enjoy! We are on the Getaway the next week, still waiting to see about our bid.
We're on 4/22 GA cruise, your upgrade win gives me hope then but I guess we'll have to wait it out. I did Haven last year and it is so worthwhile at these rates.

I’m sorry if this has been asked before. How far in advance do NCL send these emails out?

Thanks

80 days seems to be the magic number. Some people don’t get invited to bid until later, or ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed it says you have to notify travel insurance if you get an upgrade..does anyone do this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I received notice my bid was accepted, and I then received an updated confirmation email, my insurance rate was already modified to the higher price. It took me a while to figure out why I was charged more than my bid....that was why.

Is it correct if you bid and change to a Haven cabin/suite you lose your current perks and don't receive the perks that typically come with a Haven cabin (which is everything that is offered), or any for that matter?

We're in a balcony on a future cruise, and are getting UBP and free daily service charge. IF we receive the invitation, and IF it was accepted, does that mean we would no longer get UBP and need to pay the daily service charge (at the higher Haven rate)? ... even though a person booking a Haven cabin/suite on the website would get every perk offered on that day ( no matter how close to sailing).

Would REALLY like to hear from one of you who have sailed in a Haven cabin/suite after changing through the bid process, if possible, rather than just a reference to the fine print. We all know what happens in real life on ship can be different that what "it" (whatever "it"is) says.

The information I have is you keep any perks you sign up for but you do not get any new perks with the up grade

May 13th sailing on the escape...originally had multiple bids but canceled bid to H5. Only 2 rooms left and afraid of getting the one that is noisy. Heard multiple people complaining about noise in that particular room because near ping pong table. Wondering if I should try and upgrade to regular aft stateroom. My husband loves the aft and I’m not relying on winning bid for aft penthouse. Ugh! Decisions, decisions. Hope I don’t regret canceling bid on H5!

May 13th sailing on the escape...originally had multiple bids but canceled bid to H5. Only 2 rooms left and afraid of getting the one that is noisy. Heard multiple people complaining about noise in that particular room because near ping pong table. Wondering if I should try and upgrade to regular aft stateroom. My husband loves the aft and I’m not relying on winning bid for aft penthouse. Ugh! Decisions, decisions. Hope I don’t regret canceling bid on H5!

Maybe people in the H5's will bid and that will free up other H5's. I'm trying to decide whether to up my bid and/or bid on another category. :eek: :confused:

I should know tomorrow if I got an upgrade. I can’t take it anymore. All I do all day is refresh the screen. [emoji23][emoji24]

I’ve often wondered if you’ll get passed-by for an upgrade if you’re actively logged into your NCL booking. The NCL booking engine seems fairly finicky about only allowing a single point of access to a reservation, and others have speculated that upgrades are simply skipped if issues are encountered (CC on file no longer valid).

Happy refreshing!