What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

You guys are really sad hanging your hope on 1% hoping your low ball bid gets accepted.

Really do not want my bid to accepted, seriously don't even want to be upgraded to Haven.

Happy being in the balcony originally purchased.

Declined my Haven bid today Before it was Accepted !!!

I’d bet good money you’ve never sailed in the Haven. It is a WONDERFUL experience.

Just so you know, my bid was accepted in the poor range for a Haven upgrade so it can and has happened. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A little conflicting, why would you ask for obc for, "your mistake"?? this is the clear risk of "bidding". It's not a mystery.

BUT, you have been given accurate information- for you to be prepared. It WILL be noise, every night, including pounding bass. I have been in these rooms 4 times- (as I mention, what I expect when I get the $349- in 2017/$299- in 2016 fares with no supplement for single. ;) expecting it again this season)

Bring a GOOD pair of ear plugs, if it might be an issue.

Only because my dumb mistake pretty much was an overbid to make it the same as if I'd booked the room at regular price--and maybe the person will take pity on me and throw me the equivalent of the extra perk I didn't receive (original was mini-suite booking, so only got meal & bev). Can't hurt to ask? Serves me right for bidding so distractedly! Kids! Don't bid distracted! ;p

Usually music doesn't bother me, and regardless, we are definitely both looking to get away, and love aft balconies! :D

why is it taking so long to get it ? its 30 days to cruise my last cruise i got it in 2 weeks on the Jade last Oct . We are on the Gem this time only want balcony from inside . We are in a good range on scale.There are a lot of balcony still left on this sailing.

why is it taking so long to get it ? its 30 days to cruise my last cruise i got it in 2 weeks on the Jade last Oct . We are on the Gem this time only want balcony from inside . We are in a good range on scale.There are a lot of balcony still left on this sailing.

You can be waiting up until 2 days before your cruise. I think they wait until last minute hoping to sell those empty cabins. Good luck!

I’d bet good money you’ve never sailed in the Haven. It is a WONDERFUL experience.

Just so you know, my bid was accepted in the poor range for a Haven upgrade so it can and has happened. [emoji16]

Is this for your cruise this Sunday? If so congratulations [emoji483]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You guys are really sad hanging your hope on 1% hoping your low ball bid gets accepted.

Really do not want my bid to accepted, seriously don't even want to be upgraded to Haven.

Happy being in the balcony originally purchased.

Declined my Haven bid today Before it was Accepted !!!

I think the Bid system can be either a bit of anticipation or a bit of second guessing one's self. Or even both. And that's Ok.

I think you were in the second guessing one's self category.

Is this for your cruise this Sunday? If so congratulations [emoji483]

I doubt I will win a Haven upgrade this sailing as the Haven is sold out. I am already booked in a Haven suite so all is well. I always book what I will be happy with. Everything else is just gravy.

I doubt I will win a Haven upgrade this sailing as the Haven is sold out. I am already booked in a Haven suite so all is well. I always book what I will be happy with. Everything else is just gravy.

I agree. I’m booked in haven also as it’s amazing [emoji483]

For the GA this Sunday? 🥂

Quick question: If the 48 hour mark hits and I get my rejection email, can I then go back in and upgrade for another type of cabin? Or is the whole process frozen at that point?

You can probably try to call and upgrade, but your bidding process is over at that point.

You can probably try to call and upgrade, but your bidding process is over at that point.

We picked our balcony for the overhead pull down bed. We have Haven bids in but the mini suite starting bids are so little I am tempted. But we run the risk of getting a mini suite without the pull down down, ehh.

We picked our balcony for the overhead pull down bed. We have Haven bids in but the mini suite starting bids are so little I am tempted. But we run the risk of getting a mini suite without the pull down down, ehh.

Take a look at the new rates. If they have decreased, you can call and pay the difference and get the minisuite you want. I did that for my sister and aunt and they went from Balcony to Spa Minisuite for less than the asking bid.

Take a look at the new rates. If they have decreased, you can call and pay the difference and get the minisuite you want. I did that for my sister and aunt and they went from Balcony to Spa Minisuite for less than the asking bid.

I did that but because we booked through CAS we are already getting a good discount. So our rates aren’t the same as booking regular, it would cost us another $400. Not worth it for a nice bathroom.

I did that but because we booked through CAS we are already getting a good discount. So our rates aren’t the same as booking regular, it would cost us another $400. Not worth it for a nice bathroom.

Oh, ok. Makes sense. [emoji38]

We got our upgrade notice at the 80 day mark (2 days ago) for the Bliss inaugural Seattle to Alaska cruise on June 2, 2018. I believe 80 days is the furthest out you can receive notices.

We already have an aft balcony cabin (B1) for our Alaska cruise. We made a poor bid (barely above minimum) for a Haven aft penthouse (H6). We are not expecting it to be accepted but thought it was worth a shot! We didn't want to give up an aft location so only bid on the H6, although our upgrade notice listed several Haven categories (and mini suite) available for bidding.

We have never been in the Haven so don't know what we're missing. But we will be very happy with our B1 presuming our bid is not accepted. I can dream though, can't I? :)

Reposting my initial post in this thread for background. We made our original bid to upgrade a couple weeks ago and received a confirmation email from NCL that they received our upgrade offer. Have not heard anything about that bid since then (though we don't sail until June 2).

Today I received another email "There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program..." Does that mean they did not accept our original bid or just want us to bid on more categories? I'm presuming the latter. The upgrade bid starting prices in today's email are the exact same as in the original email (don't know if the prices would normally change anyway if you get more than one email). We don't plan on bidding on other categories as we currently have a B1 aft balcony for Alaska cruise and only bid on H6 aft penthouse as we don't want to give up the aft.

And since is the Bliss, there is nothing at all in My NCL that I can see regarding upgrade/status so I guess for the Bliss the upgrade stuff is just not in their system yet.

As I stated in my original post we will be very happy with our B1 as we always book a cabin we will be happy with initially but I'm just curious about all this since it's our first time trying for an upgrade (we bid in poor range so not getting our hopes up nor are we expecting acceptance - just hoping is all).

Edited by SeahawkSiren

Has anyone had 4 people in their cabin and had their upgrade bids accepted? We are bidding on an upgrade to see if we get lucky, but I feel like the number of people in our cabin might automatically disqualify us - it's an extra wrinkle to account for lifeboat space, proper cabin configuration, etc. and I don't know if the NCL algorithm is built to consider it.

Has anyone had 4 people in their cabin and had their upgrade bids accepted? We are bidding on an upgrade to see if we get lucky, but I feel like the number of people in our cabin might automatically disqualify us - it's an extra wrinkle to account for lifeboat space, proper cabin configuration, etc. and I don't know if the NCL algorithm is built to consider it.

Yes, we have 4 (2 adults 2 kids) and we won an upgrade. The system just didn’t let us bid on cabins we wouldn’t fit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reposting my initial post in this thread for background. We made our original bid to upgrade a couple weeks ago and received a confirmation email from NCL that they received our upgrade offer. Have not heard anything about that bid since then (though we don't sail until June 2).

Today I received another email "There's still time to participate in our Upgrade Advantage program..." Does that mean they did not accept our original bid or just want us to bid on more categories? I'm presuming the latter. The upgrade bid starting prices in today's email are the exact same as in the original email (don't know if the prices would normally change anyway if you get more than one email). We don't plan on bidding on other categories as we currently have a B1 aft balcony for Alaska cruise and only bid on H6 aft penthouse as we don't want to give up the aft.

And since is the Bliss, there is nothing at all in My NCL that I can see regarding upgrade/status so I guess for the Bliss the upgrade stuff is just not in their system yet.

As I stated in my original post we will be very happy with our B1 as we always book a cabin we will be happy with initially but I'm just curious about all this since it's our first time trying for an upgrade (we bid in poor range so not getting our hopes up nor are we expecting acceptance - just hoping is all).

I've received two more emails after the original one. I think they are just sending it out unless you wanted to change or add a bid. I cancelled one and upped the other a couple of times. Not by much but I wonder if more activity on the bids makes a difference in whose bid they accept. We'll see, I'll be happy with where I am but really happy if the accept my bid!! :cool:

So if I have three people we might not have bedding for three if I get the upgrade to a mini suite?