What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I think the Bid system can be either a bit of anticipation or a bit of second guessing one's self. Or even both. And that's Ok.

I think you were in the second guessing one's self category.

You nailed it second guessing for sure. My haven bid compared to the overall balcony cruise price was almost double. :eek: What was I thinking??

Couldn't get into the NCL system, "Fast Enough", to cut my Bid in Half and let it ride for next Saturdays TA !!

You nailed it second guessing for sure. My haven bid compared to the overall balcony cruise price was almost double. :eek: What was I thinking??

Couldn't get into the NCL system, "Fast Enough", to cut my Bid in Half and let it ride for next Saturdays TA !!

A good business decison I am sure.

Have fun!!!

OMG OMG OMG

I just got the email that my bid for the April 7 transatlantic was accepted!!!!!!

We had booked an inside at about the cheapest rate offered and I have had bids in for a balcony and mini-suite for a couple months. I kept lowering them and raising them and changing my mind and changing it back. So in the last week I just kind of wondered if I kept changing the bids all the time if it would matter. (not sure if it did but still)

So I bid $310 ea from an inside to a balcony and got an excellent location. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! I had bid up to $405 each a couple days ago and dropped it to like $275 yesterday and this morning to $310.

OMG OMG OMG

I just got the email that my bid for the April 7 transatlantic was accepted!!!!!!

We had booked an inside at about the cheapest rate offered and I have had bids in for a balcony and mini-suite for a couple months. I kept lowering them and raising them and changing my mind and changing it back. So in the last week I just kind of wondered if I kept changing the bids all the time if it would matter. (not sure if it did but still)

So I bid $310 ea from an inside to a balcony and got an excellent location. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! I had bid up to $405 each a couple days ago and dropped it to like $275 yesterday and this morning to $310.

congrats that is awesome... what is your new location?

I've received two more emails after the original one. I think they are just sending it out unless you wanted to change or add a bid. I cancelled one and upped the other a couple of times. Not by much but I wonder if more activity on the bids makes a difference in whose bid they accept. We'll see, I'll be happy with where I am but really happy if the accept my bid!! :cool:

We are are sailing the week after you and waiting to hear something, as well!

OMG OMG OMG

Congrats!! NCL must be busy today. I'm waiting for the new details of my 04/07 trip.

Has anyone had their bid accepted on the upcoming Bliss cruises in June yet?

We have not heard anything yet. We sail on June 2. It may be awhile until we hear anything as it's still a ways off. We put in a poor bid for an H6 aft penthouse (we are currently in a B1 aft balcony). That is the only category we bid on as we don't want to give up the aft location. Our original upgrade email came a couple weeks ago and we got another one yesterday but we will not be making any further bids. Trying not to get our hopes up. We will be happy with our aft balcony but would love to experience the Haven even just once!

All of the other people in this thread who are cruising on ships other than the Bliss can see the upgrade info in their My NCL as pending/processing or whatever. But the upgrade info is not even loaded onto NCL's website for the Bliss yet apparently as I can't see the status of anything. Ugh! Will just have to wait for hopefully an "accepted" email. :)

OMG OMG OMG

Congratulations, we are on that cruise as well.

Best regards,

Bob

So if I have three people we might not have bedding for three if I get the upgrade to a mini suite?

You would technically have bedding for 3. The difference is if you have the overhead pull down bed or not. You will see a + sign on your cabin picture if you have this. If not they make up the sofa into a bed of sorts, put sheets, pillow, blanket. We didn’t care for this last time so we made sure the steward made up the pull down bed for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WAHOOO!!! My status has changed from pending to processing for the Escape on 04/07!!!

Congrats to you too! Mine is on the Epic!!! I immediately checked my cabin number online after I got the email and was so pleased. Hope you get a good one too!

Got my bid for a mini-suite accepted yesterday for this Sunday's Star sailing. I had put in for $320 pp which puts it into the top edge of the strong category. I realize that is more than a lot of folks on here would pay, but its still substantially less than what it would have cost to book a mini originally so I'm still saving a good chunk of $. We had a hull balcony originally with 3 people. After I joined CC and started looking around there were lots of posts regarding issues with tall people (I am very tall) with the bathroom and overall tightness with 3 people. When you're tall inches do matter a lot for comfort. Luckily that particular stateroom has really nothing above it , so transmitted noise shouldn't be an issue. Now we'll have a full view balcony with extra room which all are looking forward to. I also had bids in a number of SC, SE, and SG suites ranging from $850 to 1050pp which ranged from bottom of fair to middle of good.

Just got my denials as I knew I would. The Haven was sold out. At least I still have my H7 [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup. At got ours too. All denied. We are in a spa balcony and bud 1600-1800 per person for upgrades all denied. :( Happy with our booking and the process was fun with anticipation. See ya On The ship.