What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Has anyone heard back on their bid for the Escape on 04/07? I'm starting to think my balcony bid doesn't stand a chance. I wonder if it's too late to try for oceanview. I knew it would be busy this time of year but jeez, are kids still on spring break?

Has anyone heard back on their bid for the Escape on 04/07? I'm starting to think my balcony bid doesn't stand a chance. I wonder if it's too late to try for oceanview. I knew it would be busy this time of year but jeez, are kids still on spring break?

I've gone back and changed my bids. You should be able to unless they notified you of a winning bid.

There are still plenty of balconies left.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure what you paid but the guarantee balcony is only $150 pp difference from guarantee inside.

Thanks for the room update Janny! We booked with a CAS reward certificate. My bid is already in the good range, maybe I just need to up it a bit more. Last year, we got lucky and got an upgrade bidding in the fair range on the Epic. I'm starting to wonder if it was because we were first time cruisers and they wanted to get us hooked on balconies.

Thanks for the room update Janny! We booked with a CAS reward certificate. My bid is already in the good range, maybe I just need to up it a bit more. Last year, we got lucky and got an upgrade bidding in the fair range on the Epic. I'm starting to wonder if it was because we were first time cruisers and they wanted to get us hooked on balconies.

[emoji256][emoji256][emoji256]

We won a Haven suite in the poor range so you never know!

Thank you for your encouraging reply, Rileyz! We really did love having an aft, so I'm looking forward to having one in Bermuda as opposed to the one we had on the transatlantic last April! Hopefully I'll be able to convince the CSR person, when I call, to throw me some onboard credit to assuage my silly feelings about my mistake. (yn)

A little conflicting, why would you ask for obc for, "your mistake"?? this is the clear risk of "bidding". It's not a mystery.

BUT, you have been given accurate information- for you to be prepared. It WILL be noise, every night, including pounding bass. I have been in these rooms 4 times- (as I mention, what I expect when I get the $349- in 2017/$299- in 2016 fares with no supplement for single. ;) expecting it again this season)

Bring a GOOD pair of ear plugs, if it might be an issue.

We are booked on the same cruise, and have bid on the upgrades. Received another email yesterday, saying I can still modify my bid! Still Hopeful, 25days to go!

I did not get a followup email but the bidding page is no longer greyed out, so maybe there was just a website glitch the last time I looked.

I’d feel better if that still showed as available on the website. However I’ll be fine with my ocean view regardless.

I just cancelled my bid ... I started worrying about location and I really can't stand to keep checking to see if the bid was accepted or not..

Just curious... what do you have and what did you bid on? I cancelled my bid on a mini-suite as most of them are not in an ideal location. I think you get an email if they accept your bid. I don't even check. I figure they will contact me or my credit card will have a charge on it.

Just curious... what do you have and what did you bid on? I cancelled my bid on a mini-suite as most of them are not in an ideal location. I think you get an email if they accept your bid. I don't even check. I figure they will contact me or my credit card will have a charge on it.

I have a balcony on the 11th deck... I only bid on the mini suite and the more I thought about it, I will be happy with my balcony room - location is good and bed is by the balcony door..so thats why I cancelled the bid

You do get an email if/when your bid is accepted, followed a few minutes later by a new Confirmation PDF with your new cabin number.

Ours was accepted this morning, and now instead of stressing over whether or not we'd get upgraded, I'm stressing about whether or not I overpaid for the upgrade. :)

You do get an email if/when your bid is accepted, followed a few minutes later by a new Confirmation PDF with your new cabin number.

Ours was accepted this morning, and now instead of stressing over whether or not we'd get upgraded, I'm stressing about whether or not I overpaid for the upgrade. :)

This morning? Are you sailing this weekend?

wow - what did you bid on? and what did you have? how much did you bid?

Wow! Did you compare rates as far as what the H4 is going for now?

Yes, we "saved" several thousand dollars compared to the straight booking price for an H4. We've been in non-Haven suites before, but never the Haven. Wife and I decided we'd rather cruise half as much and pay twice as much.

Yes, we "saved" several thousand dollars compared to the straight booking price for an H4. We've been in non-Haven suites before, but never the Haven. Wife and I decided we'd rather cruise half as much and pay twice as much.

Good for you! You will love the H4. We have been in it on the Epic and Getaway.

My concern with bidding on a mini suite on the Epic is that it said the rooms could have a completely obstructed view. I thought all mini suites would have a balcony and if so not sure how they could have a completely obstructed view but I didn't want to take the chance. Happy with a family balcony category. Of course I would take a Haven upgrade but my bid was at the very bottom- haha.

OK, I'm, sure it's been asked and is in the 194 pages but don't have the time to read through. Where can I bid on an upgrade? I haven't been on a NCL cruise in many years.

At My NCL, My Vacation Home, it’ll say let’s get you upgraded 80 days out. If booked after that, the offer shows up within 48hrs. Most everyone gets an invite and some travel agencies don’t participate.

At My Vacation Home, it’ll say let’s get you upgraded 80 days out. If booked after that, the offer shows up within 48hrs. Not everyone gets an invite and some travel agencies don’t participate.

OK, so I start looking when I'm at 80 days prior. Got it, thanks!

You guys are really sad hanging your hope on 1% hoping your low ball bid gets accepted.

Really do not want my bid to accepted, seriously don't even want to be upgraded to Haven.

Happy being in the balcony originally purchased.

Declined my Haven bid today Before it was Accepted !!!

I have a similar philosophy. I bet your wife is so excited! You're going to have a great time.