What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I felt like it was my duty to come back and post my information since I have been following this thread for about 70 days🤪 trying to gather information and make bidding decisions. I will say I much prefer the old system, get an email out of the blue or call upsell see what’s available, get price and pay it or don’t then move on to the fun stuff without stressing and checking this crap all day. Nonetheless Congratulations to everyone who has Won or Wins their bid and if it doesn’t happen it’s still going to be an awesome time. In case there are other crazies like me😋 I am going to share what I hope will help you. Everything happens fairly quickly. I checked several times a day the early morning it was the same as always ‘Pending’ around 1030am cst it showed Processing, around 12:30 I got an email the Subject was: You’ve Been Rewarded An Upgrade Advantage. We had originally had Large Balcony Mini Suite on Deck 8. We bid on all Haven except Owners and Spa. I really thought we would get the Aft and I bid the highest for it, we have already stayed in the PHCY and 2Bd Villa in the past never the Aft (yet😘) but we didn’t get the Aft. We were awarded H7 Forward, bid was $760 pp. Answer came on a Monday throughout this thread people have said they award the Havens on a Monday this was true for me. Best wishes to everyone and enjoy your cruise 🚢 , sail this weekend so got it a week out

You are awesome for sharing the details for the rest of us going nuts, too. We have a mini suite large balcony with bids on the Haven, as well, and it was great to hear your success. Hope you have an awesome time! We are 59 days to go and hoping for the sane!

I felt like it was my duty to come back and post my information since I have been following this thread for about 70 days🤪 trying to gather information and make bidding decisions. I will say I much prefer the old system, get an email out of the blue or call upsell see what’s available, get price and pay it or don’t then move on to the fun stuff without stressing and checking this crap all day. Nonetheless Congratulations to everyone who has Won or Wins their bid and if it doesn’t happen it’s still going to be an awesome time. In case there are other crazies like me😋 I am going to share what I hope will help you. Everything happens fairly quickly. I checked several times a day the early morning it was the same as always ‘Pending’ around 1030am cst it showed Processing, around 12:30 I got an email the Subject was: You’ve Been Rewarded An Upgrade Advantage. We had originally had Large Balcony Mini Suite on Deck 8. We bid on all Haven except Owners and Spa. I really thought we would get the Aft and I bid the highest for it, we have already stayed in the PHCY and 2Bd Villa in the past never the Aft (yet) but we didn’t get the Aft. We were awarded H7 Forward, bid was $760 pp. Answer came on a Monday throughout this thread people have said they award the Havens on a Monday this was true for me. Best wishes to everyone and enjoy your cruise 🚢 , sail this weekend so got it a week out

You are awesome for sharing the details for the rest of us going nuts, too. We have a mini suite large balcony with bids on the Haven, as well, and it was great to hear your success. Hope you have an awesome time! We are 59 days to go and hoping for the sane!

Same with us, but we are <3< 30 days out at this point sailing in the Mediterranean. Currently in a mini-suite, looking to upgrade the 3 of us to the Haven for some more room. Our bids were very strong, but due to the type of cruise (half the passengers getting on/off in Barcelona, half in Rome) I don't think our odds are good even if we paid the highest bid available.

Fingers and toes are still crossed for this upgrade, as well as our upgrade bids for our flights on Alitalia.

I just got my Haven upgrade bid accepted today, which is Wednesday. However, I was originally booked in a smaller Haven room and I bid for a larger one. So not sure that a Monday is always the day. I would've thought that they would have accepted my bid much earlier to free up my Haven regular penthouse room. But I also bid in the 'poor' range, so maybe that is why they accepted it 3 days out. Cruise begins this weekend!

I just got my Haven upgrade bid accepted today, which is Wednesday. However, I was originally booked in a smaller Haven room and I bid for a larger one. So not sure that a Monday is always the day. I would've thought that they would have accepted my bid much earlier to free up my Haven regular penthouse room. But I also bid in the 'poor' range, so maybe that is why they accepted it 3 days out. Cruise begins this weekend!

Congrats! Still waiting. What ship are you sailing? Have fun!

Hi, we will be on May 11 Breakaway Baltic and I just placed my bid today. I did a mock booking and its showing a lot of sold out havens. How would I know the number of Haven cabins left?

Do a mock booking and it should show you the available cabins.

Hi, we will be on May 11 Breakaway Baltic and I just placed my bid today. I did a mock booking and its showing a lot of sold out havens. How would I know the number of Haven cabins left?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You answered your own question. Mock booking is the way to determine how many cabins are left.

We received our rejection 48 hours prior to sailing. Our bid was $1750 pp to go from an H3 to an H1 on the Pearl. However, spring break week is really competitive. But no complaints about our Owners Suite...except for it being the "perfect" spot for our kids to drop off the g'kidlets ;)

I have not read all of the pages in this thread so this may already have been covered, but...

Did you know that every time someone does a "mock booking" to see availability, NCL cannot do anything with that room? I just called to try to upgrade and the same two rooms I have watched come and go over the past couple days disappeared again just before the agent could click.

Since we sail in three days (Getaway 4/15), I will lay off on the cabin-checking and wait patiently (pfft) for my bid email. :halo:

Did you know that every time someone does a "mock booking" to see availability, NCL cannot do anything with that room? I just called to try to upgrade and the same two rooms I have watched come and go over the past couple days disappeared again just before the agent could click. :halo:

Yes, this is true.

I have not read all of the pages in this thread so this may already have been covered, but...

Did you know that every time someone does a "mock booking" to see availability, NCL cannot do anything with that room? I just called to try to upgrade and the same two rooms I have watched come and go over the past couple days disappeared again just before the agent could click.

Since we sail in three days (Getaway 4/15), I will lay off on the cabin-checking and wait patiently (pfft) for my bid email. :halo:

I often do mock bookings to check cabin availability, but I never go so far as to actually select a room and proceed to the screen where they want all my contact info. I can't imagine that it "locks" a room before you've even selected it from the list of 15 or so down the right-hand side of the screen.

I often do mock bookings to check cabin availability, but I never go so far as to actually select a room and proceed to the screen where they want all my contact info. I can't imagine that it "locks" a room before you've even selected it from the list of 15 or so down the right-hand side of the screen.
Same with me. I just check to see how many cabins are available in the category.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You answered your own question. Mock booking is the way to determine how many cabins are left.

Thanks, I was initially just doing partial mock booking for price comparison. I was able to see available Haven Suites by proceeding all the way.

Thanks, I was initially just doing partial mock booking for price comparison. I was able to see available Haven Suites by proceeding all the way.

I dont think doing a mook booking locks the cabin unless you check the box on the payment page to put a hold until the end of the day because when I found the cabin I wanted to upgrade to I did the mook booking all the way to the end to get the final price and then called NCL and the agent was able to pull up the cabin and change everything over to the new cabin while I still had it up on my computer screen.