What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Me too. :D And nope, nothing yet, have read the whole thread, no upgrades yet on our sailing. I don't expect we will hear anything until the 48 hours prior, but hopefully a little sooner. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Thanks Ella2! Yes, fingers crossed:)

And going off topic, there is a meet and greet forming for the cruise. Hope to see you there!

I was surprised. They upgraded have us from interior cabin to mid-ship balcony 6 days before the cruise. I had given up on them upgrading us and there it was. I honestly wasn't expecting it because of my bid. Don't want to give specifics but let's just say the dial they use to "rate" your chances of getting upgraded based on your bid did not make my chances look especially promising.

...Don't want to give specifics but let's just say the dial they use to "rate" your chances of getting upgraded based on your bid did not make my chances look especially promising.

Thanks for sharing, why not give specifics? Basically what this thread is all about so people have some sort of idea. Nothing wrong with sharing.

We had an inside, windowless stateroom on NCL'S Pride of America and received an invitation to upgrade to a balcony or ocean view room. I bid $150 per person for the balcony (the meter listed it as a "fair" offer) and $75 per person for the ocean view (also listed as a "fair" offer, albeit closer to "good" than "poor").

We ended up getting the ocean view. I really wanted the balcony but was fine with the top to bottom window and larger space. Our original room was 132 sq ft with a queen, the one we upgraded to was a 144 sq ft with a king and couch that had a rollout bed. You only pay the upgrade for the first two guests which was nice since we had 3 of us staying in one room.

All in all Id say it was worth it!

What is the best was to see how full your sailing is? Doing a mock booking?

Sailing Feb 10, 2018 on the Epic.

Maybe. If close to full, there will be limited cabins available to pick from when you do a mock booking.

But, if lots of cabins, they only show a handful - not all of them.

And, since you are not at the final payment date, even the official list is not that firm. Lots of folks cancel at he last minute along with rooms held by TA's.

But, if lots of cabins, they only show a handful - not all of them.

And, since you are not at the final payment date, even the official list is not that firm. Lots of folks cancel at he last minute along with rooms held by TA's.

According to NCL our final payment date was Nov. 12.

I am able to print Edocs. If that means anything?

Got an upgrade offer for Jan 26 sailing on the Jade.. anyone else? What did you bid?

Seems a bit early, no?

Also, has anyone received an upgrade without bidding? I sailed in July and got upgraded from Inside to Balcony automatically without ever being offered a chance to bid.

Edited by Cruisebehindthescenes

Got an upgrade offer for Jan 26 sailing on the Jade.. anyone else? What did you bid?

Do you mean you got an UPGRADE or just the invitation to make offers? The invitation popped up on both of our cabins (insides, to bid to OV and balcony) at 80 days pre-sailing, exact timing as predicted by others in this thread.

No word yet. Either because we are too low or because they are hoping to fill those cabins in other ways. Now the sailing is a Distinctive Voyage and all of that. I have a feeling we might not find out after we have already flown to Miami! I am holding off on printing luggage tags, just in case :)

Do you mean you got an UPGRADE or just the invitation to make offers? The invitation popped up on both of our cabins (insides, to bid to OV and balcony) at 80 days pre-sailing, exact timing as predicted by others in this thread.

No word yet. Either because we are too low or because they are hoping to fill those cabins in other ways. Now the sailing is a Distinctive Voyage and all of that. I have a feeling we might not find out after we have already flown to Miami! I am holding off on printing luggage tags, just in case :)

For the Jade I got an email about making an offer. I didn't bid because I prefer the darkness of an inside room.

This past summer I got upgraded from inside to Balcony without bidding - anyone else get a free upgrade?

For the Jade I got an email about making an offer. I didn't bid because I prefer the darkness of an inside room.

This past summer I got upgraded from inside to Balcony without bidding - anyone else get a free upgrade?

Free upgradevto balcony, very nice, congratulations.

Best regards,

Bob

H5 Courtyard PH poor bid also H2 higher bid

Thanks for replying, but as the title says - folks like to get an idea what the upgrades eventually go for. Low, Mid, High really do not mean much as they vary widely from week to week.

then again, winning bids vary widely as well.

MY BID IS PROCESSING!!!!!!

I am on the 1/7 Pearl, had a Bb midshipish, deck 10, myself, partner, and 20 yo son. Watched extensively on here, and I really thank you all on here for your answers and advice. Anyhow, placed a bid in the “good” range, comparable with other bids in thread. I wanted the h4. There were always, from a year ago when i booked, 6/8 haven h4’s available. One less last week. So 5/8 unsold. I figured it would be this weekend from prior posts with that much left to sell, and 30 days out. This morning my bid changed to processing, no room number yet, but I’ll update!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the 1/7 Pearl, had a Bb midshipish, deck 10, myself, partner, and 20 yo son. Watched extensively on here, and I really thank you all on here for your answers and advice. Anyhow, placed a bid in the “good” range, comparable with other bids in thread. I wanted the h4. There were always, from a year ago when i booked, 6/8 haven h4’s available. One less last week. So 5/8 unsold. I figured it would be this weekend from prior posts with that much left to sell, and 30 days out. This morning my bid changed to processing, no room number yet, but I’ll update!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Good luck.

Bob

Congrats!!!

Congrats!!!

Thank you miss Denise, I have always loved seeing you on cruise critic threads, hope we sail together someday. Of note for anyone interested in the original thread, in addition to the h4 cabins, I also watched the SC, 2br non haven. They had 4/10 available for a very long time, and all of those were gone this morning for booking. So I think if enough available and decent bids, they start to finalize these cabins at the 30 day mark. All the haven h4’s that have been on my avail list are still avail to “buy”, but I figure that will change by at least one (mine), this am. Curious how many more are also removed today!

Me too. :D And nope, nothing yet, have read the whole thread, no upgrades yet on our sailing. I don't expect we will hear anything until the 48 hours prior, but hopefully a little sooner. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Me 3! Still very hopeful about the upgrade. *FINGERS CROSSED* :)