What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Been on several different cruise lines but this is my second NCL cruise. A couple of questions.

1) Do they contact guests randomly to get these emails or do you have to let them know in advance?

2) Would you get an email if you booked through a travel agent?

Thanks

$520pp from mid ship balcony to courtyard penthouse. Breakaway 12/29/17

was happily surprised :D

Wow, lucky you to find out so early, and that was a great deal! I have bids in for a NYE cruise on the Escape, hoping something comes through for us. Enjoy your courtyard penthouse!

Been on several different cruise lines but this is my second NCL cruise. A couple of questions.

1) Do they contact guests randomly to get these emails or do you have to let them know in advance?

2) Would you get an email if you booked through a travel agent?

Thanks

Based on comments in this thread, nobody is positive if they are sent to everyone or just some people at random, or just a limited number. Also, some TA's have opted out. If you read through just the past week or so this thread, you will also see that some people only see it when they log in and do not get the actual email. You do not have to let anyone know you might be interested.

53 days out and upgrades no longer show as available. Anyone ever see that before?

I sail on Dec. 12 and I am seeing the banner coming and going. I'm happy with what I booked, so I am not bidding. I just find it curious that it will be there for a couple of days and then disappear for a day or so, then it's back again.

At the bottom of the Upgrade Advantage page it says "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPGRADE" and my bid offers were all cancelled.

That's a new one. Call the Upsell Department for more information. 800-625-4309. Again, its possible they've accepted your bid, meaning you wouldn't be able to bid again. It could be something else entirely.

At the bottom of the Upgrade Advantage page it says "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR UPGRADE" and my bid offers were all cancelled.

Please explain a bit more.

What type of cabin did you book?

How was it booked?

When is the trip?

Thanks for helping others understand.

Wow, lucky you to find out so early, and that was a great deal! I have bids in for a NYE cruise on the Escape, hoping something comes through for us. Enjoy your courtyard penthouse!

Thanks! I hope yours works out as well.

Received the email for the Upgrade Advantage program. We are passing as the minimum bids don't seem to be worth the upgrades.

Currently in a spa-balcony, minimum bid to upgrade to a Haven Spa Suite with Balcony is $400 per person and maximum offer is $2,000 per person. All other upgrade offers don't provide access to Thermal Spa.

Good luck to those bidding!

Update: There was a typo in my credit card info. Updated my info and got my upgrade.

Inside to oceanview for Jade on 1/22. Bid $25 and got it. Bid $75 on balcony and didn't get it. I'm happy with this.

Good news! How did you find out about the typo - did they notify you? Enjoy your upgrade!

Hey all, I’m still anxiously awaiting on my upgrade (hopefully). Anyone hear anything about 1/7 pearl?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on previous posts, I think it is too early to be seeing anything for a January 2018 upgrade on the Pearl. The only ship that seems to get super early (as compared to other ships) upgrade notices is the Breakaway. And I say that after reading (over the course of several days) all 132 pages of this thread. :o Yes, I am also anxiously awaiting news for my NYE Escape cruise, but I don't expect to hear anything one way or the other until the 48 hours prior mark. Good luck with you on your bid!

Upgrades on the Pearl have been few if any. The sailings have been selling out before departure date. I just checked Jan 7. Not many cabins of any category left. NCL took down Dec sailings, but for Christmas last week.

Jan 7 a few months back showed "sold out" across the board. Looks like some bookings must have cancelled at the 90 day mark.

GL