What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Has a few posters have mentioned, with ships selling out, there are going to few and maybe ZERO upgrades.

But, as some mid December folks have noticed, with less full ships, upgrades come faster and cheaper.

Supply and demand at work.

We had made a few different bids for upgrades for an early December booking from our original balcony room. I got a call from a random number earlier this week from an NCL rep-glad I picked up the call. We didn’t “win” any of the bids we had placed, but got a chance to upgrade to another room at our highest bid from other rooms in a category (SC) that would never had been in our budget. Very excited for my family!

I'm still waiting to hear on the Breakaway NYE cruise. I don't think it's going to happen because the cruise is sold out. I'm so depressed. I really wanted the upgrade. But once Dec.29th comes I'll be thrilled with my Mini-Suite.

We are on 12/29 NYE sailing. Got our notification 10 days ago. Ship went from plenty of rooms to sold it in a hurry . Fares never seemed to dip from when I booked last year.

If you put in a bid for a catergory, say the haven, and it gets denied, do all othwr options go away with that one denial, or would other catergories, like a mini suite, still stay as an option to bid after the other denial?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Your bid will officially be declined 48 hours before sailing, at which point all bids are closed. So in a way, yes.

That being said, if you bid on both Haven and mini-suite, they could decline your Haven bid but accept your mini suite bid.

If you put in a bid for a catergory, say the haven, and it gets denied, do all othwr options go away with that one denial, or would other catergories, like a mini suite, still stay as an option to bid after the other denial?

They are two separate bids. Could be even more based on various haven options.

They can accept one or the other or neither.

I am aware they are two separate bids. I have a bid in on several in one tier, so just wondering on back up if its declined if i then can bid on the lower. I do NOT want to put a bid in on the lower tier at the same time bc my first choice is the higher tier. I may consider the lower if my highers all get declined, if thats an option after denial of higher, that's why i was curious. I have seen in these posts where some have been declined before the 48 hours, so was just hoping someone that happened to would chime in and indicate if otger tiers were left open.

I am aware they are two separate bids. I have a bid in on several in one tier, so just wondering on back up if its declined if i then can bid on the lower. I do NOT want to put a bid in on the lower tier at the same time bc my first choice is the higher tier. I may consider the lower if my highers all get declined, if thats an option after denial of higher, that's why i was curious. I have seen in these posts where some have been declined before the 48 hours, so was just hoping someone that happened to would chime in and indicate if otger tiers were left open.

Chances are you will not have that option. They could easily process all the bids the same day and then close it out. Based on some responses people just did not get their bid. I don't think they notify you so you would not know they passed you over.

I have not seen reports of bids being outright rejected prior to the 48 hour sailing period, but there are a lot of posts in this thread :-)

I would not expect to have this option. I'd give it 99.9999% chance that you're going to find out 48 hours from sailing, in which case all other bids are closed; I wouldn't expect to be notified of my bids not being accepted and then bidding on a mini-suite.

I'm sailing in 40-ish days and bid only on Haven suites for exactly the same reason - I don't want them to accept my minisuite bid and be shut out of Haven bidding. Plus I like my balcony room & location, so if I don't get the Haven suite, I'm happy with the known balcony vs an unknown mini.

My Haven bid was accepted 60 days out...prior to acceptance, I did mock booking and there were over 12 haven suites available in multiple haven cats..after acceptance I looked again,and each of those categories had 5 suites available...not sure of course,but looks like NCL processed upgrades and maybe purposefully held back some to see if they sell

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

My Haven bid was accepted 60 days out...prior to acceptance, I did mock booking and there were over 12 haven suites available in multiple haven cats..after acceptance I looked again,and each of those categories had 5 suites available...not sure of course,but looks like NCL processed upgrades and maybe purposefully held back some to see if they sell

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

That is rather unusual based on postings here. They tend to be processed way closer to the sail date. How much was your winning bid?

That is rather unusual based on postings here. They tend to be processed way closer to the sail date. How much was your winning bid?

My sailing has gone from 40 available Haven suites to about 15 between the start of bidding and today (40 days out) - I suspect most of those were accepted bids. It started around day 60 and a few suites have disappeared each Monday (and only Monday), which is why I believe it was accepted bids and not individuals purchasing. Pricing has not changed on any suites except Spa Suites, which have dropped about $300 PP since final payment.

My sailing has gone from 40 available Haven suites to about 15 between the start of bidding and today (40 days out) - I suspect most of those were accepted bids. It started around day 60 and a few suites have disappeared each Monday (and only Monday), which is why I believe it was accepted bids and not individuals purchasing. Pricing has not changed on any suites except Spa Suites, which have dropped about $300 PP since final payment.

That would make sense. If inventory is high, they could just "cherry pick" the highest current bids and still leave some cabins open for purchase. This new system is almost diabolical in how this works. People just leave their bid and they pick the best ones. Actually, the term bid is not so great. They are really blindly giving their highest acceptable offer. In real bidding, you start low and work your way up. Not so with this system.

I am sailing on the Pearl on NYE and was told by NCL that the ship is 100% sold out and they wont be doing any upgrades.

Yep. They do sell out at times.

BUT - and you can bet your "haven wishes" on this happening:

* There will be a line of folks at the front desk onboard asking for an upgrade. Reasons from location to anniversary, to birthday, to loyalty, to whatever will follow.

* There will also be hundreds that will ask the checkin people on the pier about an upgrade, giving similar reasons

* And another group complaining they did not get an upgrade email. The damn system must be broken or is not fair to me, etc.

LOL!

Wow that's early. What did you bid?

Breakaway seems to be the only ship that routinely upgrades early, if upgrading. That said after reading this entire 132+ page thread and seeing what patterns emerged. Who knows why?

I am sailing on the NYE Escape cruise? Anyone receive upgrades for this cruise?

Me too. :D And nope, nothing yet, have read the whole thread, no upgrades yet on our sailing. I don't expect we will hear anything until the 48 hours prior, but hopefully a little sooner. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Paid $549pp for Inside Guarantee 12/12 Gem, won the bid for $55pp to Family Oceanview Picture Window.

Saw the price drop of Balcony, so I called to pay the $105pp difference and upgraded to Balcony Guarantee.

Just got a room assigned. Family Balcony B2.