What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

The way it was explained to me is even if only one type “above” is available if someone “gets it“ that had one of the sold out types, now they take a bid for that so the winning bid can trickle down all the way through the sold outs to an inside bid becoming a winner for a balcony . Waiting on a spa haven balcony bid now, while they are sold out their are about four or five other higher level havens not sold out so still a slight chance.....

Sailing on Dawn in 5 days. Just got email confirmation stating my upgrade offer has been accepted.

We originally have Balcony booked (BA). I placed 4 bids on all sort of suites up to 2 Bedroom only. Obviously, they accepted my highest offer. $600/person for 2 bedroom (SC) Suite. Very happy about it. Total cost of the room, $2200.

Sailing on the Escape, Dec 9.

Booked a Sailaway Guaranteed Inside Cabin, received a Category 1D.

Got an email about ten minutes ago saying our bid was accepted.

Got upgraded to a Balcony Category BB for a minimum bid of $65 per person or $130 total in Canadian $.

Sailing on the Escape, Dec 9.

Booked a Sailaway Guaranteed Inside Cabin, received a Category 1D.

Got an email about ten minutes ago saying our bid was accepted.

Got upgraded to a Balcony Category BB for a minimum bid of $65 per person or $130 total in Canadian $.

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your balcony!!!

What typo? (would help if you referred to it)

Also, you can edit a post within a certain number of minutes after you post it.

Lol they spelled “woe” woa in their post

Nice catch on the balcony upgrade, will be tough to go back to an inside after lol

Edited by DiverJohn
There spelled wrong should be their

my parents just booked (yesterday) a cruise last minute, leaving in two weeks. I would love to upgrade them; however I'm not seeing any place to bid or anything their My NCL account... am I not looking in the right place?

thanks

CDW

Mine showed up in the mailbox after 24 hrs, has a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mine showed up in the mailbox after 24 hrs, has a link.

They booked via a TA- would that make a difference in terms of whether or not they get an email? Do they not make upgrade bids available for certain bookings or voyages? the ship is not sold out and there are higher class cabins available...

my parents just booked (yesterday) a cruise last minute, leaving in two weeks. I would love to upgrade them; however I'm not seeing any place to bid or anything their My NCL account... am I not looking in the right place?

thanks

CDW

If you want to really upgrade them, call ncl, say you are your dad, and ask how much to upgrade to a cabin of your choosing. More perks, guaranteed, and you pick your room. Also at two weeks to go many of the better upgrades have been completed, and it’s a shot in the dark to use the bidding process!!

thanks

CDW

It can take up to 72 hours for the email/link to appear. And yes, if they booked with a TA, some of them have opted out of the program. Unfortunately there is no list saying who has and who hasn't opted out.

Also I though that not everyone gets the chance to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on postings here, it does appear that not everyone gets the chance.

Reasons could include:

1 - TA does not participate

2 - Timing in when it is booked vs when they are working the upgrade/bid list

3 - Somebody decides to limit how many emails they send out. I would GUESS that if they only had one haven available, they might not send out the email to 500 people. Maybe, maybe not. If I was running it, I would limit the number in that scenario to reduce the number of people that are "bummed" about not getting a hoped for upgrade.

4 - For whatever reason, lots of folks do not get the email, but they can see the upgrade/bid offer when they log into their account. Many of those folks would say they never got it. I am one that did not get the email, but saw it online at myncl

It can take up to 72 hours for the email/link to appear. And yes, if they booked with a TA, some of them have opted out of the program. Unfortunately there is no list saying who has and who hasn't opted out.

Some of the PCCs at NCL will still help with upgrades. Sometimes, even better than the bidding. Depends on how booked it is.

Sorry, tl;dr. If you having a winning Haven bid, I know you don't get all 5 promo packages. But do you still get access to the restaurant, pool, lounge, etc?

Yes,that is a PERK that comes with the cabin.

Those other things are BOOKING promotions.

Based on postings here, it does appear that not everyone gets the chance.

Reasons could include:

1 - TA does not participate

2 - Timing in when it is booked vs when they are working the upgrade/bid list

3 - Somebody decides to limit how many emails they send out. I would GUESS that if they only had one haven available, they might not send out the email to 500 people. Maybe, maybe not. If I was running it, I would limit the number in that scenario to reduce the number of people that are "bummed" about not getting a hoped for upgrade.

4 - For whatever reason, lots of folks do not get the email, but they can see the upgrade/bid offer when they log into their account. Many of those folks would say they never got it. I am one that did not get the email, but saw it online at myncl

(5)

From NCL, Sorry but you saved enough money so you can't bid. I went thru this two weeks ago. NCL told me since we got such a great deal on a Spa Balcony they were not sending us a bid offer. My TA never heard of this, it was the second person that day NCL told that to

Ill preface this by saying, I really wanted to be in the haven and even called to upgrade and pay full fare but didn't do it when they said I would lose my booking promotions. The agent at the time asked if I was bidding and I said yes. So we sail this Sunday and I have been playing with my bids for weeks. This morning we decided to just bite the bullet and upgrade. I signed on and one of my categories said expired and looking down the list one was processing!! So we will be in a spa haven suite! the lesser of the 3 but we are thrilled!!! My bid for that category was $1100. there were only 4 haven cabins available.