What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I had a Sail Away Inside for an upcoming Gem 10 day cruise at $589pp. The prices dropped drastically after final payment and my TA was able to upgrade us from Inside to Obstructed OV at no additional cost. I then bid $60pp for a balcony and it was accepted on Friday. So, $649 for a Sail Away Balcony. Not bad considering they are currently $899pp on NCL.

Neither of us have yet, we are to far out. I am just trying to find out if the scenario would work or not. Looks like probably not, which I am fine with too. I booked us in rooms we will be happy in, not matter what happens.

Assuming you’re taking about 4 adults,

Have you seen the second bedroom for the H4? One couple would be going from a MS to an oversized closet with a futon bed and a bathroom slightly larger than a porta potty.:eek:

Not to mention if all four of you could keep your drink and dining packages.

Edited by aeroo777

Not sure if this has been asked or not, 126 pages is a lot to go through. We have 2 connecting mini-suites booked. Would love to move to 1 2 bedroom Haven suite. Would this be possible at all and how would that work? How would 2 rooms with 2 people each move to 1 room with 4 people in it? Not sure they would allow this.

The answer to your question is literally at the top of the page your question is on (page 126) and was asked on page 125. And probably asked & answered a dozen times in this thread that's gone way off the rails. :rolleyes:

The answer to your question is literally at the top of the page your question is on (page 126) and was asked on page 125. And probably asked & answered a dozen times in this thread that's gone way off the rails. :rolleyes:

And it continues way off the rails with snide remarks. I had asked a question much earlier knowing it was most likely already asked. Since I have concussion syndrome I can not read for long periods of time or watch TV, or focus on an object for that matter. Thus there are reasons why not all members can go back and read through lots of posts.

CC is supposed to be a useful tool for all of us, not a place where we should be lectured on what is wrong with our posts.

OP Sorry you we called out for something so petty. Obviously your question has been addressed.

Thanks for the snarky reply, but the answer to my question is actually NOT on 126 and was NOT asked on page 125. Thanks for taking the time to roll your eyes at me though. SO HELPFUL!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming you’re taking about 4 adults,

Have you seen the second bedroom for the H4? One couple would be going from a MS to an oversized closet with a futon bed and a bathroom slightly larger than a porta potty.:eek:

Not to mention if all four of you could keep your drink and dining packages.

It is actually 2 kids and 2 adults. The kids are 13 and 8 and would sleep in the closet room. We cannot share on regular sized cabin, especially with a teenager and an 8 year old who is basically 16. LOL

And it continues way off the rails with snide remarks. I had asked a question much earlier knowing it was most likely already asked. Since I have concussion syndrome I can not read for long periods of time or watch TV, or focus on an object for that matter. Thus there are reasons why not all members can go back and read through lots of posts.

CC is supposed to be a useful tool for all of us, not a place where we should be lectured on what is wrong with our posts.

OP Sorry you we called out for something so petty. Obviously your question has been addressed.

Thanks so much for this. I don’t post often as I am a newbie and this is my first NCL cruise. But I have noticed on a lot of threads people being constantly rude and I just don’t get it. Not sure why people feel the need to slam others who are just asking questions.

I am in an inside and currently have a bid in for a balcony. Are Spa Balconies a separate category, or is it possible (albeit highly unlikely) that our balcony bid could put us in a Spa Balcony? I'd bid directly on that if it were possible seeing as the spa passes seem to be sold out for our cruise. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

As per the title: What was your offer and what did you bid? Ship and date?

Sorry - the thread had veered so far off course I forgot the question.

Escape 11/25 - we were in a balcony and were offered a host of upgrades on the site (including a Haven spa room, for which our bid of $1200 Canadian was not accepted).

Bid $200 Canadian on a spa mini suite and got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am in an inside and currently have a bid in for a balcony. Are Spa Balconies a separate category, or is it possible (albeit highly unlikely) that our balcony bid could put us in a Spa Balcony? I'd bid directly on that if it were possible seeing as the spa passes seem to be sold out for our cruise. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

When spa balcony cruisers accept an upgrade, they lose their spa pass. So one or two passes might become available. You'd probably have to be very lucky to grab it, though.

When spa balcony cruisers accept an upgrade, they lose their spa pass. So one or two passes might become available. You'd probably have to be very lucky to grab it, though.
Thanks. I'm checking daily but we have 3 people so it's unlikely. Hoping for a miracle of being bumped to a spa balcony, currently several still available on our cruise.

Please folks when posting on upgrades. Name the ship and date of sailing. It is quite obvious that NCL is giving upgrades on some sailings, but not others.

It is very helpful when folks give:

original cabin

upgrade cabin

bid that won (and clarify if the total, or per person - nobody here has a crystal ball)

Sail date is also helpful. I am sure there are upgrades on just about every cruise. Some might only be a cabin or two and others might be in the hundreds. Not so much that NCL does or does not want to do upgrades, but it depends on how many open cabins there are.

Sorry - the thread had veered so far off course I forgot the question.

Escape 11/25 - we were in a balcony and were offered a host of upgrades on the site (including a Haven spa room, for which our bid of $1200 Canadian was not accepted).

Bid $200 Canadian on a spa mini suite and got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations! Were your bids listed per person or the total for 2 people? Have a great time! I'm on that cruise too and can't wait for Saturday.

You might want to stick to post numbers when you decide to get snarky since your page 126 is my page 63. :evilsmile:

So, back to bid upgrades..... Has anyone received their upgrade on the 12/3 Getaway sailing?

Comments were posted that quite a few balcony cabins were awarded a couple of weeks ago. Thursday or Friday one poster said he was awarded the DOS from an Aft Penthouse. Cabins are becoming "Not available" then "Sold out", then back to available again. I haven't seen any additional activity and the same 5 Haven Suites are left!

I'm doing all I can to figure this system out. Each and every cruise is definitely different!

Happy cruising everyone:) Hope you get your upgrades!

We are on the Escape 11/25 and have taken quite the journey. I initially booked an inside GTY in June and was assigned a so-so IF inside cabin all the way forward. The prices dropped before final payment and a IB GTY dropped to the same price. I was able to change to that an received a pretty good location on deck 12. After final payment the prices dropped again putting an OV GTY at the same rate as our initial inside, our agent contacted NCL who graciously upgraded us which included an additional perk as a bonus. We were eventually assigned a family OV in a pretty good location. I received another email about the upgraded advantage after the OV cabin was assigned. I decided to chance $50pp for a balcony and it was approved last night landing us in a family balcony.

I am pretty pleased. I was comfortable with the initial inside rate when we booked but after much moving around we ended up in a balcony for $50pp more.