What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Anyone else experiencing a strange disappearance of the upgrade offer email within their NCL message center account? I'm sailing in a little over a month. Received 3 upgrade offers to date to my personal email, and one to my NCL message center. Repeatedly bid, and continued to up my offer. Like others, I've grown impatient and called NCL through my travel agent yesterday to discuss just paying for an upgrade. Couldn't get the price I wanted, went back in to my vacation summary and tried to access the upgrade message within my NCL message center to raised my bid one last time, but noticed that the upgrade message offer had disappeared from my NCL messages... I went back in to the bid confirmation emails that they sent my personal email account, and could go through those links to confirm my bids are still 'pending', but I'm wondering why in the world the message offer was removed from my NCL message list?... In searching for available cabins, nothing has changed since yesterday, so I'm really perplexed. Does this mean they're starting to award the upgrades? Is this an indication they want me to stop bidding?... So strange that it just disappeared. If anyone else is waiting, and happens to notice that the upgrade message sent to your NCL message center has disappeared, or has experienced this in the past and is any indication of movement, can you please let us know? :confused:

We had the same problem for over a week now. We can't click the link on NCL'S homepage but we can use the link through our e-mails.

They had a glitch awhile back when the let's get you upgraded emails first came out, the minimum bid for all cabins was $0 and the max was $500.00, I bid max on all and all I thought was we are shoeins for the upgrade, then reality set it when they fixed it. I think there are still several glitches in the system.

Reporting a failed bid attempt... boarding Bliss on Saturday 4/21, currently in 2 x MA and placed matching bids to H5 just under the “fair” line, around $760-780pp.

15 rooms in the category remained when bids started to be processed yesterday (Tuesday before the cruise). When they got down to 6 remaining in the early afternoon, I jumped in and cancelled my bids (out of fear of only 1 room upgrading).

At the end of processing, 1 x H5 remained. Maybe that’ll go today, or maybe they’re holding it in case it’s needed once onboard.

Good luck to future bidders!

We had the same problem for over a week now. We can't click the link on NCL'S homepage but we can use the link through our e-mails.

They had a glitch awhile back when the let's get you upgraded emails first came out, the minimum bid for all cabins was $0 and the max was $500.00, I bid max on all �� and all I thought was we are shoeins for the upgrade, then reality set it when they fixed it. I think there are still several glitches in the system.

Thank you for your feedback! Gosh, I hope they fix it and my bids are still in the running... I've noticed a few discrepancies with this particular booking - It's my first time on NCL (have cruised Disney, RCL, Oceania, Windstar, and Viking in the past) and am hoping this isn't indicative of how things will go throughout the cruise. I was so excited to try this cruiseline - keeping my fingers crossed that things will go more smoothly from here-on-out. Good luck with your bids and please let us know if your upgrade is accepted!

Anyone else in our boat (ha ha, pardon the pun) with system glitches in the past, and still have received the upgrade?

I can’t decide whether I like this process or not! It’s interesting, but it was overall less stressful just to call in, and ask if there were any upsells available, and then decide whether it was worth it or not. Might have been cheaper, too.

I’ve got my bid at the max that I would be comfortable paying. If we get it, great. If not, it was a fair offer, and I don’t want to overpay.

I’m guessing we’ll hear next week.

I can’t decide whether I like this process or not! It’s interesting, but it was overall less stressful just to call in, and ask if there were any upsells available, and then decide whether it was worth it or not. Might have been cheaper, too.

I’ve got my bid at the max that I would be comfortable paying. If we get it, great. If not, it was a fair offer, and I don’t want to overpay.

I’m guessing we’ll hear next week.

I agree with you 100%.

I am up to my max with what we want to pay, otherwise we can book a whole other cruise for that price.

Thank you for your feedback! Gosh, I hope they fix it and my bids are still in the running... I've noticed a few discrepancies with this particular booking - It's my first time on NCL (have cruised Disney, RCL, Oceania, Windstar, and Viking in the past) and am hoping this isn't indicative of how things will go throughout the cruise. I was so excited to try this cruiseline - keeping my fingers crossed that things will go more smoothly from here-on-out. Good luck with your bids and please let us know if your upgrade is accepted!

Anyone else in our boat (ha ha, pardon the pun) with system glitches in the past, and still have received the upgrade?

Good luck to you too.

We have sailed NCL 3 times, no upgrade, the others were Disney 4 times (they know how to do it in my opinion) Costa, RCCL, Holland, and Carnival several times when I was younger. We have not tried Celebrity or MSC yet, they are on the hit list.

I feel the upgrade program can take some of the excitement away, I guess it would be great if you get it at a good price thou. I've never checked on something so much in my life not even my bank account haha, until the past month.

Edited by settingsail31

I bid on all the rooms then cancelled some bids then rebid. I got the confirmation emails for my bids but when I review my bids the two I originally cancelled still show cancelled. I tried calling NCL and was told this isn't her department that she thinks as long as I got the confirmation emails my bids should count. I sail this Saturday and haven't heard of any Haven upgrades so far. I am thinking it should happen today. Upsell department comes in at 9 am so maybe we will hear something soon.

I agree with you 100%.

I am up to my max with what we want to pay, otherwise we can book a whole other cruise for that price.

I agree as well. I was considering spending $$ to bid on an amazing aft balcony suite,but then reminded myself that I could go on another cruise for that $$ and just booked a second cruise! That said, many people get great upgrades that they are excited about and are happy to spend the extra $ on. Bottom line is you need to book a cabin you are happy with and view the upgrade as icing on the cake!

I agree as well. I was considering spending $$ to bid on an amazing aft balcony suite,but then reminded myself that I could go on another cruise for that $$ and just booked a second cruise! That said, many people get great upgrades that they are excited about and are happy to spend the extra $ on. Bottom line is you need to book a cabin you are happy with and view the upgrade as icing on the cake!

I too only bid what I was comfortable spending. This cruise is a celebration of friendships and a significant birthday or else I probably wouldn't even bid. If we get the upgrade that will be fun but if not we can book another cruise with what I bid. I am already in a better room than I usually book for this occasion.

Was your negative experience with connected rooms on an NCL ship? If so, which one? I am currently set to sail on the Gem in June and put in a bid for an upgrade to a Balcony (from inside) but I have noted in my mock bookings that most of the available inventory of Balconies are connected rooms, so I was worried about getting placed in one of those. In another thread people reassured me that noise wouldn't be an issue with a connected room on the Gem, but your post has me worried again!

I never had an issue with connecting cabins. The door was at the foot of the bed. It's not something I would worry about, especially if you win your bid. Good luck!

I too only bid what I was comfortable spending. This cruise is a celebration of friendships and a significant birthday or else I probably wouldn't even bid. If we get the upgrade that will be fun but if not we can book another cruise with what I bid. I am already in a better room than I usually book for this occasion.

Congrats! :)I'm celebrating some things as well, soberity not being one of them. Cheers.

I did some calculations and if I bid much higher then we currently are I may as well as omit the word "advantage" and replace it with guilable.

I'll let you all know our outcome.

Good luck again to everyone.

Congrats! :)I'm celebrating some things as well, soberity not being one of them. Cheers.

I did some calculations and if I bid much higher then we currently are I may as well as omit the word "advantage" and replace it with guilable.

I'll let you all know our outcome.

Good luck again to everyone.

Thank you! We will not celebrate sobriety this trip either lol. Something is processing on my bids!

We are 71 days out, and normally have 5 cabins all in the same immediate area, and with the upgrades, that won't be guarenteed. Doesn't matter! I bid for an aft-suite for my husband and I, a mini-suite for our daughter/husband, and upgrades from 2 interior rooms to 2 balcony rooms for the single sons. I bid a fair to middling amount over the minimum, on the advice of my travel agent. So we're just in the waiting phase.

I just hate not having all my paperwork done, bag tags printed, everything else.

Omg omg, we got it!!

I checked ours after you posted. We received the Aft haven, I only bid $20.00 more then forward.

Hope you get your too :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited to hear you got the upgrade after having the message/web/glitch thing happen to you during bidding. Have a fabulous time!

Yeah, give us details! I'm trying to figure out whether I'm bidding too high or too low.

I believe each sailing is different so a bid of $200 on one sailing could be poor and another sailing could be fair. I'm anxiously waiting to hear for our 5/11 Bermuda sailing. Good luck!!

I believe each sailing is different so a bid of $200 on one sailing could be poor and another sailing could be fair. I'm anxiously waiting to hear for our 5/11 Bermuda sailing. Good luck!!

gotcha, my bid starts at 400.00 for front facing, 750 for aft, and 1000 for 2 bedroom villa - seems high :o

We are sailing on the Escape to Bermuda on the 22nd. I placed my first bids as soon as we received the upgrade email. I started low, just tipping the meter, I gradually increased it over time, this week Sunday I think I moved it up to $900.00 I think for both. This morning I moved the forward bid to $940.00 and Aft to $950.00. The meter was a smidge into fair for forward and and poor for aft.

We originally booked a balcony then paid for the upgrade to the mini suite with large balcony just because my daughter's are 16 now and I think we couod have used a little more room in the bathroom and large balcony.

We are on deck 10 Aft Haven now :)

Hope this helps some of you.

There should be a beautiful mini suite with large balcony available now to another lucky bidder :)

We are sailing on the Escape to Bermuda on the 22nd. I placed my first bids as soon as we received the upgrade email. I started low, just tipping the meter, I gradually increased it over time, this week Sunday I think I moved it up to $900.00 I think for both. This morning I moved the forward bid to $940.00 and Aft to $950.00. The meter was a smidge into fair for forward and and poor for aft.

We originally booked a balcony then paid for the upgrade to the mini suite with large balcony just because my daughter's are 16 now and I think we couod have used a little more room in the bathroom and large balcony.

We are on deck 10 Aft Haven now :)

Hope this helps some of you.

There should be a beautiful mini suite with large balcony available now to another lucky bidder :)

OMG that's awesome!!!!! I am not sailing until June but I really want a HAVEN SUITE!

One more question, sorry, did the AFT start at 750? Can you recall :confused:

Interesting...upgrades cross into "fair" territory for me for a H6 at $1110 per person, on the sailing after yours. We just have a B1 though.

H6s are showing as sold out for my sailing. I've got my bid for an H4 right in fair territory, so I'm hoping we get it.

It'd be great to have the extra room with a baby in tow!