What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Last week ... Escape bids for 4/22 being processed on the Wednesday prior ... on the Escape for 4/29, so I’m thinking I will hear Wednesday.

One of my BIL/SIL bidded from Inside to Balcony, scored a Large Balcony about 2 weeks ago, their successful offer was higher in the fair/good range, so ... if the bid is better than "expected" that NCL won't refuse, they will "seize" it quick, as I wrote earlier. As long as it isn't 101% sold out, I would continue be patient about it ... look for the "interim" status change of "processing" - NOT pending as always. Good luck !

Still in "Pending" status for the Gem 4/28 sailing. 6 days out and nuthin!
Me too!!

Hang in here, fellow Roll Call members ... we are all on the same ship, looking closely at inventory shifts & current unsold stateroom availability, patience is a virtue ... nail-biting, I know. We had *** bids from 2 different staterooms pending too. Maybe we might see an interim status change tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning, which (in the past) usually finalized as "upgraded" within 12 to 24 hours, even before the extra "charges" are posted to the credic card (has an alert setup on it, previously) The Haven & full suite categories aren't gone completely, even the mini's (oversized balconies, no exra perks) are still showing "choice" of room #'s.

As a matter of fact, just booked another stateroom for others in our extended family to sail along with us last minute on this past Saturday, 7 days out ... finished online check-in and this morning, they showed the option/offer to "Let's Get You Upgraded" when logged into the MyNCL account (but, no email invite "send" yet) ... minimum bid for Mini Suite is $50 (up to $500) x2 only (even when there's 3 or 4 in the original stateroom.) *** Now, 3 sets of bids from 3 different staterooms.

I wouldn't worry or get nervous until late on Wednesday or Thursday morning if it's still "nothing" quiet to move the "slider" up a bit ... since the cutoff would be 3 PM on Thursday (2 days or 48 hours before sailing) to get notified if the bids were not accepted. Not printing final eDocs and eLuggage tags until we are 99.75% certain if there will be a new stateroom assignment for all 3 staterooms.

Edited by mking8288

Our bid from a minisuite to a H5 was accepted 2 weeks ago for the May 20 Breakaway cruise. Original minisuite was $1999/person with UBP, UDP, $100OBC, gratuities, and no tax/port charges as we booked during the tax free promo last year.

Bid of $600/person-$1200 total - lowest bid allowed was accepted.

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you sign on to the NCL website and then onto MY NCL, the opening page will ask you if you want to bid on an upgrade as long as the offer is open,

Just curious as they accept bids to higher priced staterooms, what do they do with inside, ocean-view cabins now vacated? Sell them at slashed prices?

Vacated balconies will go to inside bidders... not sure about the inside cabins. maybe they go to Studio bidders.