What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I put a bid in today for a deluxe owners suite on the Bliss, up from an aft suite. I cancelled though because I cannot imagine having a forward balcony on a transatlantic. We had a forward owners suite on the Pearl, but it was a port intensive cruise

Same with me. I just check to see how many cabins are available in the category.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I think the real thing for people to do is, instead of checking in hopefully to see if they get upgraded by the upgrade fairy,

to check what cabins are for sail by Priceline.

Example; booked a Spa Mini Suite on Bliss June 23rd cruise, 80 days out got the upgrade e-mail and bid on Haven categories.

I noticed the only category I bid on that was not sold out was the Haven H - 5 which are showing 7 suites left at $ 8499 p/p on NCL's website. I also noticed Priceline has those same exact cabins on their website for the same $ 8499 p/p.

I'm thinking NCL wants us to bid on many on different categories in this case, my interest is Haven categories even if they are sold out, in case somebody backs out of their booking. therefore the cabin is filled quickly and the trickle down effect begins in a quick and orderly manner.

I feel the 7 unsold cabins will not be released until Priceline pulls the plug on selling those cabins, probably 2 days before the cruise? I have booked hotels and cars through Priceline before, even had to travel last minute for work, one time I stopped home to pack after notified of same day travel I tried to book a room through the Hilton website and found the hotel was sold out for that night. I went on Priceline and was able to book a room at that hotel.

When I arrived at the front desk, they told me they were sold out until i showed them my Priceline paperwork printed out 3 hrs. before. I'm guessing Priceline will release any of the 7 suites they didn't sell 2 days before the cruise.

Just my thoughts on the subject. in the mean time i hope my theory is wrong. Either way I will have a great cabin on a great ship. Good luck to all that have bid, don't drive yourself crazy checking back, hope for the best and a quick upgrade!!

We received notice last week (about 25 days out) of our successful upgrade bid on the Escape to Bermuda, going from an inside stateroom to a balcony stateroom on deck 9 forward. Our accepted bid was $125/person for a total of $250 for the upgrade. As far as I can tell, the downside to the upgraded room is that it has a connecting door and noise may be a resulting issue but overall we find the extra room and view a balcony offers to be a worthy trade. Lastly, I did some comparing and we saved roughly $250 booking the inside and upgrading vs initially booking a balcony. However, we would have an extra “free” amenity choice had we originally booked balcony. Either way, we are happy and super excited for our upcoming adventure.

Happy cruising!

Has anyone gotten notified of accepting a upgrade on the May 13th Getaway cruise yet? I have been seeing a lot of activity for the Haven rooms in the last several days. I can not believe they are selling that fast.

I can believe it. The Haven rooms that week are a bargain. I'm paying 3000 more for the same room the following week. If some of the party did not have flights booked, and if I didn't have excursions booked I would have changed my week to that one. If you want a Haven room, I'd suggest calling up to see the difference to pay to upgrade to it.

Hi, we will be on May 11 Breakaway Baltic and I just placed my bid today. I did a mock booking and its showing a lot of sold out havens. How would I know the number of Haven cabins left?

As of today, H - 4 Haven 2 bdrm Villa shows 5 cabins not booked yet.5 cabins still available.

H - 9 Haven Spa showing 1 cabin still available.

Both on NCL and Priceline websites

We are 21 days away from sailing. We're booked in an inside sail away rate cabin. We bid for an upgrade to either ocean view or balcony. When I check NCL, it looks like the only ocean views left are the sail away rates, but there are balconies available in all categories. I also noticed that the rate for the inside sail away has gone up twice since we booked.

I'm not sure what any of this means, but I'm hoping it means we are in a good position to be upgraded to a balcony? Anyone have any insight?

Thanks!

For a moment earlier today, I thought NCL's robo-email server was hacked, got another "Reminder: Info About Your Cruise + A Chance to Upgrade" to Mrs. and myself's email again, for the 5th time ... same sailing. That is email #5 - just to re-remind, again, your chance to participate and to submit offers ... to request Upgrade.

We are almost down to the single digits, final countdown sequence ... where they would notify the "disappointed" bidders at the 48 hours cutoff (I would probably print our "final" eDoc no later than 24 hours before sailaway as online access would be disabled by then) ;p :D :evilsmile:

I can't imagine being the only one getting hacked emails about this ... sailing this coming weekend has yet to hear on the status of their offers; and, their cruise doesn't appeared to be close to selling out yet, just like ours (sorry, Dexddd ... no good news to share yet, going to be a last minute thing, surprise or not)

Going to make our Roll Call's scheduled Cabin Crawl a very interesting & exciting one on the "older" ship next month. Buzzword: "patience" in wait-n-see for those on the same sailing.

We’re awaiting news on our bid for a H4 for the Escape on 4/29. There are still plenty of them available, and we’re less than 2 weeks out, so we’re hoping that we score one.

We do have a B1 aft balcony so we’ll be happy either way. B1s are generally in demand so maybe that will work in our favor.

when are you sailing?

got back yesterday from 7 day Cape Canaveral Bahama cruise, awesome cruise, didn't win the upgrade but still had a great time, we were in a mini suite had bid up to 450.00 each for the upgrade to a H9 and a H7, was wondering if anyone did win theirs, what was their winning bid, thanks

Edited by frodotrout

Going to make our Roll Call's scheduled Cabin Crawl a very interesting & exciting one on the "older" ship next month. Buzzword: "patience" in wait-n-see for those on the same sailing.

I have 171 event invitations to address and 193 people signed up for the Bliss cabin crawl taking place a week from today, and not a single upgrade has been processed. The scary part... there’s plenty of inventory to grant just about every upgrade bid.

All I can do is laugh. And maybe drink.

I have 171 event invitations to address and 193 people signed up for the Bliss cabin crawl taking place a week from today, and not a single upgrade has been processed. The scary part... there’s plenty of inventory to grant just about every upgrade bid.

Maybe today will be the day you hear!! Good luck to all. Have fun on your cruise. Are you doing a review this trip?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow....that is surprising....I guess that means that at 27 days away I won't worry about it right now! Good luck!

I literally couldn't take the stress anymore so when the second price drop on the Haven hit today I upgraded and cancelled my bids. Still got a discounted price and all the promos included for our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Bliss. No more obsessing. Now I can just be excited...countdown 54 days!

I literally couldn't take the stress anymore so when the second price drop on the Haven hit today I upgraded and cancelled my bids. Still got a discounted price and all the promos included for our upcoming Alaska cruise on the Bliss. No more obsessing. Now I can just be excited...countdown 54 days!

I do believe that is exactly what I will do and not get involved in this bidding game. I have a ways to go as I don't cruise until August

They also told me if there are any further price drops to call and they will give me onboard credit :)

I do believe that is exactly what I will do and not get involved in this bidding game. I have a ways to go as I don't cruise until August

Two steel doors back to back are more solid than the walls. They is no added level of noise.

Not true......first of all they are not 'steel'.....and there can be A LOT of noise difference in connecting rooms through those doors vs. two walls with dead space between them. We have been in connecting rooms and NEVER again....you can hear everything from next door including regular speaking voices!!

I guess they are really pushing it to the end I bet you will find out today or tomorrow.

I was supposed to be on the Bliss 3 weeks ago and had to move it to a June Getaway trip but should still be fun.

I know on that trip they have not given any upgrades yet but yours is down to the wire.

I guess they are really pushing it to the end I bet you will find out today or tomorrow.

I was supposed to be on the Bliss 3 weeks ago and had to move it to a June Getaway trip but should still be fun.

I know on that trip they have not given any upgrades yet but yours is down to the wire.

Looks like they’re processing some haven upgrades now... several are disappearing from inventory. Unless those are people doing mock-bookings to see what’s available.

Not true......first of all they are not 'steel'.....and there can be A LOT of noise difference in connecting rooms through those doors vs. two walls with dead space between them. We have been in connecting rooms and NEVER again....you can hear everything from next door including regular speaking voices!!

Was your negative experience with connected rooms on an NCL ship? If so, which one? I am currently set to sail on the Gem in June and put in a bid for an upgrade to a Balcony (from inside) but I have noted in my mock bookings that most of the available inventory of Balconies are connected rooms, so I was worried about getting placed in one of those. In another thread people reassured me that noise wouldn't be an issue with a connected room on the Gem, but your post has me worried again!

NCL Bliss Trans-Atlantic april 21, 2018

B1 room 9922 with the biggest alf B1 balcony paid 3113$ CAD or 2395$ USD per adult, double occupancy in march 2017

Upgraded to Aft penthouse H6 deck 13 (narrow depth balcony, one of the smalliest) for 3225$ CAD or 2480$ USD pp.

It's the same price per day as what we payed on the Gateway in april 2016 for an H5, and this time, we have a separate room + a bigger balcony.

Total cost : 528$ CAD or 406$ USD per day per person with Beverage package et dining package.

Share your upgrade if you have the guts ! *wink*

Sue

NCL Bliss Trans-Atlantic april 21, 2018

B1 room 9922 with the biggest alf B1 balcony paid 3113$ CAD or 2395$ USD per adult, double occupancy in march 2017

Upgraded to Aft penthouse H6 deck 13 (narrow depth balcony, one of the smalliest) for 3225$ CAD or 2480$ USD pp.

It's the same price per day as what we payed on the Gateway in april 2016 for an H5, and this time, we have a separate room + a bigger balcony.

Total cost : 528$ CAD or 406$ USD per day per person with Beverage package et dining package.

Share your upgrade if you have the guts ! *wink*

Sue

So you paid $4960 in addition to the $4790 already paid? $9,650 total for two? Not bad, only a little less than the original price back in October. I will share mine if I get it, but already paid about $13,000 for three of us in a forward penthouse connecting room. The two rooms I had a chance to upgrade to are the two bedroom family villa and owners suite. I am not feeling very confident.

We are leaving on the 22nd, we placed bids on the H5 and H6. This is my 16th or 17th cruise. If we don't get it we are happy with our mini suite with large balcony deck 8 (great location) and we can book another cruise so either way its a win win. I personally can't see paying $8-10k for a 7 day cruise but then again I don't know how the Haven compares to other suites on other cruiselines.

Oh and a if I have a few cocktails I don't think it will matter where I am.

Good luck everyone and happy sailing,

Anyone else experiencing a strange disappearance of the upgrade offer email within their NCL message center account? I'm sailing in a little over a month. Received 3 upgrade offers to date to my personal email, and one to my NCL message center. Repeatedly bid, and continued to up my offer. Like others, I've grown impatient and called NCL through my travel agent yesterday to discuss just paying for an upgrade. Couldn't get the price I wanted, went back in to my vacation summary and tried to access the upgrade message within my NCL message center to raised my bid one last time, but noticed that the upgrade message offer had disappeared from my NCL messages... I went back in to the bid confirmation emails that they sent my personal email account, and could go through those links to confirm my bids are still 'pending', but I'm wondering why in the world the message offer was removed from my NCL message list?... In searching for available cabins, nothing has changed since yesterday, so I'm really perplexed. Does this mean they're starting to award the upgrades? Is this an indication they want me to stop bidding?... So strange that it just disappeared. If anyone else is waiting, and happens to notice that the upgrade message sent to your NCL message center has disappeared, or has experienced this in the past and is any indication of movement, can you please let us know? :confused: