What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Quick question. I am at the less than 80 day mark and have received the option to bid. However I decided to upgrade my cabin today to another complete category instead of waiting on the possibility of winning the upograde through a bid. (The suspense would have kille me...) Now, when I log in it still gives me the option to bid, but in the bid window it still shows me in my original balcony cabin and the bid prices are still the same as they were before. Has anyone upgraded their cabin and then had the bid process change to reflect your new room category? Maybe I am just being too impatient and the system just needs time to update.

Quick question. I am at the less than 80 day mark and have received the option to bid. However I decided to upgrade my cabin today to another complete category instead of waiting on the possibility of winning the upograde through a bid. (The suspense would have kille me...) Now, when I log in it still gives me the option to bid, but in the bid window it still shows me in my original balcony cabin and the bid prices are still the same as they were before. Has anyone upgraded their cabin and then had the bid process change to reflect your new room category? Maybe I am just being too impatient and the system just needs time to update.

You should make sure to log out of NCL.com and then log back in. We did the same thing back in December on the Escape and our original cabins showed until everyone logged out.

Yes, it will take at least 24 hours to update :)

I would like to add some information about this whole upgrade bidding process. Yesterday morning someone posted that they won a bid on a cabin that I was also bidding on. I know it was the same cabin because there are only 2 cabins in that category and one has been booked for a long, long time. No problem there. Yet, my bid still said pending and I could still do a modification if I had wished to and I have yet to receive a denial. My bid just recently within the last hour, changed from pending to processing, yet I'm fairly certain that my bid has been out of play for more than 24 hours. Just more information on the bidding black hole.

Maybe the other cabin bid on and won an even higher category?

I logged in this morning and indeed the bid info was updated to my new category of room. Don't know if this will be helpful, but I will list below the minimum bid amounts for the Haven rooms when I was originally booked in a BC Balcony cabin and now that I am booked in an H9 Haven Spa Suite. I actually though the starting bids would have gone down more than they did.

H2 - Original - $1,500 / Now - $750

H3 - Original - $1,500 / Now - $750

H4 - Original - $1,000 / Now - $500

H5 - Orignal - $400 / Now - No option to bid

H6 - Original - $750 / Now - No option to bid

Good luck everyone!!

You will receive an invitation to upgrade via email sometime around 80 days prior to sailing. You will also be able to do so from the main page of your My NCL website once upgrade bidding has opened for your sailing.

Where on the main page would this be? I am sorry if this has been asked before. I have hunted through a bunch of the 215 pages here.

Where on the main page would this be? I am sorry if this has been asked before. I have hunted through a bunch of the 215 pages here.

Right when you log on it will appear! You can also access it in your inbox.

It appears that this typically isn't sent out until you are at 80 days.

You can email them and ask them to send you the link to upgrade:

upgradetechissues@ncl.com

They have replied to me in the past :)

Remember, not everyone gets the opportunity to bid for an upgrade.

Any idea what determines whether or not you get the option bid? I didn't realize it was open to everyone. I'm bidding on an upgrade to the Haven for our July cruise. We were in the Haven a couple of years ago, loved it and wanted to book again this year for my 50th but I really couldn't justify the high cost just for the Haven. As much as we loved it, it's not worth the cost of what we could take two cruises for. Booked a balcony and put in a lower end bid for an upgrade. If we win, we win if we don't we'll have a great time regardless.

... was thinking your next trip was Gem .... get your family to give the low-down on Escape? Have they heard anything about shows either cancelled and times changed or swapped out all together?

Update - news on the bids are in, some expired ... just now, just before the 48 hours cutoff mark prior to this Saturday's Gem sailing (4/28/2018 - NY to PC/GSC/Nassau), also confirmed by email notification @ 2:06 pm.

It's a new & late, last-minute booking added just a week ago, Obstructed OV going for Balcony & Mini Suites upgrade ... inside the Poor range, not really thinking that they would score but just for comparative reasons. Two of my SIL plus another BIL will be happy staying on Deck 8.

Ours for the Balcony GTY guaranteed "expired" which isn't really surprising, not a big deal. But, we got bumped up, "moved" around, on the same deck from an Inside (sideway) to Oceanview w. Picture Window (sleep 3, pullman not needed) portside to starboard Fwd, but closer to midship. Whew, we could've ended up with a Fwd porthole OV like 2012 as an upgrade - in the Poor range ... "Upgraded" and charged against CC.

Just spoke to our friends sailing under CAS land offer, their bid for a Balcony expired (in the low Fair range) ... looking at availablity now, about a dozen Insides remaining unsold, everything else "sold out". NCL did good on getting more money out of some of us.

Others on the Roll Call reported 2 to 3 days ago of being upgraded into higher categories, including Haven (they posted here) and some just learn this morning ... some disappointment coming in now with the expiration & "Unable to Confirm ..." email.

On the Escape, that group didn't hear of any changes that I know of, leaving this Sunday for Bermuda - I've asked them to save their pile of "papers" for us. We just decided to book a deal on the Escape for the Fall earlier this week ... more later, after you come back.

Update - news on the bids are in, some expired ... just now, just before the 48 hours cutoff mark prior to this Saturday's Gem sailing (4/28/2018 - NY to PC/GSC/Nassau), also confirmed by email notification @ 2:06 pm.

It's a new & late, last-minute booking added just a week ago, Obstructed OV going for Balcony & Mini Suites upgrade ... inside the Poor range, not really thinking that they would score but just for comparative reasons. Two of my SIL plus another BIL will be happy staying on Deck 8.

Ours for the Balcony GTY guaranteed "expired" which isn't really surprising, not a big deal. But, we got bumped up, "moved" around, on the same deck from an Inside (sideway) to Oceanview w. Picture Window (sleep 3, pullman not needed) portside to starboard Fwd, but closer to midship. Whew, we could've ended up with a Fwd porthole OV like 2012 as an upgrade - in the Poor range ... "Upgraded" and charged against CC.

Just spoke to our friends sailing under CAS land offer, their bid for a Balcony expired (in the low Fair range) ... looking at availablity now, about a dozen Insides remaining unsold, everything else "sold out". NCL did good on getting more money out of some of us.

Others on the Roll Call reported 2 to 3 days ago of being upgraded into higher categories, including Haven (they posted here) and some just learn this morning ... some disappointment coming in now with the expiration & "Unable to Confirm ..." email.

On the Escape, that group didn't hear of any changes that I know of, leaving this Sunday for Bermuda - I've asked them to save their pile of "papers" for us. We just decided to book a deal on the Escape for the Fall earlier this week ... more later, after you come back.

Thanks for the update.

Now get to packing. You have a lot of electronics to charge and safely pack for your trip. Unless you make Mrs. MKing do all that while you watch the harbor cams and monitor harbor radios for us.

Have a great time on the GEM.

Any idea what determines whether or not you get the option bid? I didn't realize it was open to everyone. I'm bidding on an upgrade to the Haven for our July cruise. We were in the Haven a couple of years ago, loved it and wanted to book again this year for my 50th but I really couldn't justify the high cost just for the Haven. As much as we loved it, it's not worth the cost of what we could take two cruises for. Booked a balcony and put in a lower end bid for an upgrade. If we win, we win if we don't we'll have a great time regardless.

Where did you get the idea that it is open to everyone? Because it isn't.

We sail May 7. Sun. We are booked in oceanview/porthole. Options are balcony or minisuite. If we get a balcony, is there a chance it could be obstructed view? How do I find that out?

Yes, it could be obstructed. If your bid is accepted, you have to take what you are given. No changes.

I was under the impression that if you didn't get an email you could go to your "MY NCL" and the offer would be there saying "Let's get you upgraded".(within the 80 days out)

Nope, that is not how it works. Not all travel agents participate in the program.

My family will be on the Pearl May, 27 for Alaska. I got the email to bid from a Balcony to a Mini Suite or better. This is my first cruise and I'm already freaking out! We have a forward / starboard Balcony and from what I've read people prefer aft / port. Our stateroom is located in a nice and quite location. I thought about bidding on a Mini Suite or Penthouse, but hate not knowing about the location beforehand. What do you guys think?

I prefer Forward and Starboard. I wouldn't bid on a mini suite because I don't think it's worth it just for the bigger bathroom. Alaska at that time of year was wonderful for us. Have a great cruise.

I prefer Forward and Starboard. I wouldn't bid on a mini suite because I don't think it's worth it just for the bigger bathroom. Alaska at that time of year was wonderful for us. Have a great cruise.

LOL, travel with my daughter and all her make up, hair products scattered all over the bathroom.

We sail May 7. Sun. We are booked in oceanview/porthole. Options are balcony or minisuite. If we get a balcony, is there a chance it could be obstructed view? How do I find that out?

Well if you do get a mini, the ones are some of the nicest on the Sun.

I'm booked in a mini with large balcony, so if the upgrade fairy comes calling my only upgrade choice will be The Haven because as far as I know Breakaway does not have suites, only mini suites, we shall see

I’m going crazy. I have absolutely ZERO patience...we are 79 days away from sailing on the Escape to Bermuda...And I just got the email to bid on an upgrade. We are booked in the Spa Mini Suite now and offered to bid on all of the Haven suites. If I have to wait 77 more days to get an answer...I may lose my mind. Any one have offers accepted sooner than 2 days before sailing? LOL We sailed in the Haven on our last cruise and loved it. I just couldn’t totally see the cost of the Haven for what is an “almost free” cruise through CAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums