What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I️ said that because in addition to this thread, I’m on every other one about upgrades with a spread sheet, and 1500 doesn’t match a bid for the category you referenced in that range. You also wrote many posts about upgrading to a balcony or min suite for same cruise for a few hundred dollars. Period, done with this, peace!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did upgrade to a mini suite but that was not through bidding I paid to upgrade to that. Now they have sent me an upgrade offer, I can upgrade to the owners suite for Minimum of $1,500 pp low bid or High bid of $3,500.

Maybe you should not jump to conclusions. I was responding because you said you have never seen a bid with a low bid of $1,500 and they do exist.

This is our first cruise and we are coming up on bid time - we are in a mini suite - do I bid on haven or not? I can afford a bid not a great one but much less than we would have to pay for the haven normally - so do I do it? Will it ruin us for future cruises - advice please

thanks in advance

We upgraded on Breakaway Haven this past January before the bidding process from a balcony to forward facing penthouse for $1,000 pp. It DID ruin us and we didn't want to take a chance of not getting one on our February 2018 cruise so we paid full price. OUCH!!!! Have an aft balcony Haven.

Gem 12/12 sailing (11 nights)- Obstructed view upgraded to balcony for $30/pp (1 notch above the minimum bid), notified 32 days out.

Going by this and the offers/price when I booked, I'm guessing this cruise is not going to be incredibly crowded.

congrats!

i'm on the gem 11/21 cruise.

it wasnt crowded so i bid minimum for balcony.

then the gem 11/11 cruise got canceled due to azipod problems.

now the gem 11/21 cruise prices jumped 50%. :o

guess alot of cruisers live around nyc and have time flexibility and rebooked.

my hopes are now low that i will win my bid. oh well...

since my goal was a cheap cruise ($400 for 11day), i will not be upping my bid.

Wahoo!! Just got our bid accepted for a balcony cabin from an inside cabin! We originally bid $75/pp, but saw one or two from our cruise getting accepted at $100/pp. So, I upped our bid to $105/pp yesterday and BAM, bid accepted today.

We are cruising the Escape on Nov. 25th. :)

congrats!

i'm on the gem 11/21 cruise.

it wasnt crowded so i bid minimum for balcony.

then the gem 11/11 cruise got canceled due to azipod problems.

now the gem 11/21 cruise prices jumped 50%. :o

guess alot of cruisers live around nyc and have time flexibility and rebooked.

my hopes are now low that i will win my bid. oh well...

since my goal was a cheap cruise ($400 for 11day), i will not be upping my bid.

Thank you.

I can definitely understand about not wanting to spend more than a certain amount, but if you're willing to go $10 more, it should at least put you in front of anyone bidding the absolute minimum.

Good luck either way!

For those interested in results of bidding, we booked a short cruise on the Sky just a few weeks ago which sails this Friday. We live in Florida, so last minute cruises are an option for us.

The cruise is only 3 days, and the base fare we booked broke down to $93/day pp ( without port charges, etc). We chose an outside guarantee and a few days after booking we had been assigned a porthole outside on deck 4, which was fine. We figured it's a short cruise, no biggie where our room is.

I got the email about the upgrade bid process not long after our cabin had been assigned (within a day or two). They offered a balcony with a minimum bid of $50pp. They also offered three different penthouse options with a minimum bid of $300pp, and a owners suite with a minimum of $500pp. I didn't bid on the suite or penthouses as I didn't feel an extra 600-1000 was worth it for a short 3 day cruise like this. But we did decide to bid $55 for the balcony, it was rated a poor bid.

We sail Friday, and received an email that our balcony bid was accepted on Monday. We were placed in a balcony on deck 10. This brought our base fare up to $111/day pp

I did not price balconies at the time we booked, so I don't know what they were charging but as of today (the day I received my upgrade acceptance), the cheapest (sail away) balconies are pricing out a base fare of exactly $15pp more than I have now paid for my base fare. However the fare I paid for my sail away outside has dropped $20pp so balconies were probably priced higher at the time I purchased as well

So, all in all I probably didn't save a ton, but I did save a little bit and I'm pleased with the outcome.

For those curious, I signed into MyNCL right after getting the email and it did reflect the new cabin number.

Thank you.

I can definitely understand about not wanting to spend more than a certain amount, but if you're willing to go $10 more, it should at least put you in front of anyone bidding the absolute minimum.

Good luck either way!

for $20, sure.

upped bid 2 ticks from the minimum $50/pp to $60/pp.

still not having high hopes since ship is filling because of the gem 11/11 canceled cruise.

hm.. wonder how many people reading this will take your advice to the next level and bid $65/pp to get ahead of other cruise critics. lol ;p

Edited by fstuff1

Wahoo!! Just got our bid accepted for a balcony cabin from an inside cabin! We originally bid $75/pp, but saw one or two from our cruise getting accepted at $100/pp. So, I upped our bid to $105/pp yesterday and BAM, bid accepted today.

We are cruising the Escape on Nov. 25th. :)

I’m on the same cruise and because of your post I checked my status for a balcony and I’m “processing”!!!! Woohoo!!!

Dawn, Nov 19 from SJU (might be special circumstances due to the hurricanes, or Thanksgiving, so YMMV). We booked balcony originally and were pleased with the location and cabin. We set a very low limit and bid a tick above minimum and ended up in a SJ. Excited for the suite life next week! The list below shows the options we had from about 80 days prior to the trip and the minimums never changed.

Here are some upgrade options, priced per person for first two people for the entire duration of the cruise:

3-Bedroom Garden Villa (S1)

From $2,250 pp

Deluxe Owner's Suite (SA)

From $750 pp

Owner's Suite with Double Balcony (SB)

From $1,000 pp

2 Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (SC)

From $600 pp

Family Suite with Balcony (SD)

From $400 pp

Forward-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SE)

From $300 pp

Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SF)

From $300 pp

Family Suite (SJ)

From $200 pp

Mini-Suite Stateroom

From $50 pp

If I call and upgrade up to higher balcony category to take advantage of the take 5 deal will my bid be discarded and if it is do I get a chance to bid again?

You have to cancel your bid but I believe you can bid again

I️ said that because in addition to this thread, I’m on every other one about upgrades with a spread sheet, and 1500 doesn’t match a bid for the category you referenced in that range. You also wrote many posts about upgrading to a balcony or min suite for same cruise for a few hundred dollars. Period, done with this, peace!

Who cares about your spreadsheet.

If I call and upgrade up to higher balcony category to take advantage of the take 5 deal will my bid be discarded and if it is do I get a chance to bid again?

I just did this on the Sky - they automatically cancelled my bids and I had to do them again. Took about 24 hours.

For those interested in results of bidding, we booked a short cruise on the Sky just a few weeks ago which sails this Friday. We live in Florida, so last minute cruises are an option for us.

The cruise is only 3 days, and the base fare we booked broke down to $93/day pp ( without port charges, etc). We chose an outside guarantee and a few days after booking we had been assigned a porthole outside on deck 4, which was fine. We figured it's a short cruise, no biggie where our room is.

I got the email about the upgrade bid process not long after our cabin had been assigned (within a day or two). They offered a balcony with a minimum bid of $50pp. They also offered three different penthouse options with a minimum bid of $300pp, and a owners suite with a minimum of $500pp. I didn't bid on the suite or penthouses as I didn't feel an extra 600-1000 was worth it for a short 3 day cruise like this. But we did decide to bid $55 for the balcony, it was rated a poor bid.

We sail Friday, and received an email that our balcony bid was accepted on Monday. We were placed in a balcony on deck 10. This brought our base fare up to $111/day pp

I did not price balconies at the time we booked, so I don't know what they were charging but as of today (the day I received my upgrade acceptance), the cheapest (sail away) balconies are pricing out a base fare of exactly $15pp more than I have now paid for my base fare. However the fare I paid for my sail away outside has dropped $20pp so balconies were probably priced higher at the time I purchased as well

So, all in all I probably didn't save a ton, but I did save a little bit and I'm pleased with the outcome.

For those curious, I signed into MyNCL right after getting the email and it did reflect the new cabin number.

We sail the day after Thanksgiving on the Sky. Booked about 30 days from sailing in an OV sailaway, assigned deck 4 as well, and bid on the balcony (50pp minimum). Looked last week and prices for balconies had dropped $100 pp, so the price to upgrade was $25pp, less than the minimum bid to upgrade. Immediately called and paid to move to a sailaway balcony. Just received our assignment, a mid-ship BA on deck 9 - 9241. Very happy with this move. There's one suite and the minimum bid is $300 pp (which is identical to the minimum when we were in the OV)....we won't be bidding on this one as the minimum bid is 50% more that what we're already in for, and the suite perks just don't make sense for a 3-nighter.

I just did this on the Sky - they automatically cancelled my bids and I had to do them again. Took about 24 hours.

I am on the fence about doing this. Overall I can upgrade to a mid ship balcony from BE category Balcony and my overall price goes up by 130 and I lose my prepaid gratuities. But the 200 OBC almost covers gratuities. And the extra perks I get are worth more than 130.

I am on the 11/25 Escape and people on this sailing have recently been getting their bids accepted. I think I am very unlikely to get my bid accepted at this point because most of the the Haven categories are showing sold out.

I think the 5 Perk sale is suppose to end tonight and if I do this then I will most definitely not get the upgrade.

Too many decisions. lol

Hey, that’s not very nice. Even though it’s the interweb, can’t we be civil here?

Need to ask the poster about being civil bragging about a spreadsheet and calling out others for their bids.

I didn’t need a spreadsheet to get an upgrade.

I’m on the same cruise and because of your post I checked my status for a balcony and I’m “processing”!!!! Woohoo!!!

Congrats to both of you!! I'm on that same cruise - no joy on my upgrade bids yet, but they both are pending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on the fence about doing this. Overall I can upgrade to a mid ship balcony from BE category Balcony and my overall price goes up by 130 and I lose my prepaid gratuities. But the 200 OBC almost covers gratuities. And the extra perks I get are worth more than 130.

I am on the 11/25 Escape and people on this sailing have recently been getting their bids accepted. I think I am very unlikely to get my bid accepted at this point because most of the the Haven categories are showing sold out.

I think the 5 Perk sale is suppose to end tonight and if I do this then I will most definitely not get the upgrade.

Too many decisions. lol

Don’t forget any OBC from Norwegian cannot be used to pay gratuities.