Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

It looks like the North Star arm, which we saw in an earlier post being transported through Slovakia made, it to the port of Bratislava for the trip down the Danube River towards Papenburg. The gondola as well!

Photo taken in Bratislava, Slovakia by Alena.

Alena Kunova at port of Bratislava 1.jpg

12 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

It looks like the North Star arm, which we saw in an earlier post being transported through Slovakia made, it to the port of Bratislava for the trip down the Danube River towards Papenburg. The gondola as well!

Photo taken in Bratislava, Slovakia by Alena.

Alena Kunova at port of Bratislava 1.jpg

Great seeing all this progress !!! 94 days to sail away 🚢

So according to the Meyer Werft website the float out (out of the building hall) will be in February followed by the Ems river conveyance in March.

The authorities have launched an announcement that on March 9th the Gandersum lock and dam will be closed to prepare the river level of the Ems river for a conveyance. It will take up to 52 hours to get the river level up to the needed amount. So expect the Ems river conveyance mid March.

steamboats

• Like 1

14 hours ago, steamboats said:

Maybe the not so good news... there are still rumors that the Spectrum is behind the schedule and might not be ready in time. Hope they don´t prove to be true.

steamboats

Where are the rumours coming from? Staff from the shipyard? 

42 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Where are the rumours coming from? Staff from the shipyard? 

No, not staff. Fact is that the AIDAnova was late and back then it was said that the Spectrum is also behind the schedule. Meyer Werft was even looking for new staff in their media releases. An intern paper (addressed to the staff) was published a while ago asking all staff to work overhours. I don´t have any new facts that´s why I call it rumors (and acutally Meyer will not publish anything). But there´s still talk about the Spectrum not being in time. We have to wait and see.

steamboats

11 hours ago, steamboats said:

No, not staff. Fact is that the AIDAnova was late and back then it was said that the Spectrum is also behind the schedule. Meyer Werft was even looking for new staff in their media releases. An intern paper (addressed to the staff) was published a while ago asking all staff to work overhours. I don´t have any new facts that´s why I call it rumors (and acutally Meyer will not publish anything). But there´s still talk about the Spectrum not being in time. We have to wait and see.

steamboats

Royal staff have said on Instagram that she will be ready .. Capt Charles and the Staff Capt are both at Meyer Werft. Sure royal can say positive stuff for media spin but that could backfire on them, but it’s a waiting game. Check in opens in 2 days on my cruise planner and all the usual things are able to be booked on the planner for the maiden voyage. I’m staying positive that it’s go go go for 18 April from Barcelona!!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

. Check in opens in 2 days on my cruise planner and all the usual things are able to be booked on the planner for the maiden voyage. I’m staying positive that it’s go go go for 18 April from Barcelona!!

They wouldn’t cancel the sailing- just do the remaining finish work (a la Quantum) during the sailing. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 1

Miamia65,

Neither Royal nor Meyer will say anything right now. AIDA didn´t do it either. As for the AIDAnova they first cancelled the short pre inaugurals from Nov 15th til Dec 2nd. AIDA even said the maiden voyage on Dec 2nd is safe and by the next day Meyer said they need more time. So handover was delayed until Dec 12th.

Right now it´s way too early. But the rumors are still on. As the Spectrum has a pretty tight schedule and can´t really cancel a cruise they will do their very best to get it as ready as possible. As Biker said, the Quantum wasn´t really ready for guests and the last work was done during the TA.

steamboats

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

Right now it´s way too early. But the rumors are still on. As the Spectrum has a pretty tight schedule and can´t really cancel a cruise they will do their very best to get it as ready as possible. As Biker said, the Quantum wasn´t really ready for guests and the last work was done during the TA.

steamboats

It was like waking up on a different ship every morning as something new was added... a new piece of art was installed....I remember the items going up by the WJ as you walked into breakfast and a few more were up when you walked out! LOL!!

Have you seen Spectrum 2 news?

"Bayley hinted that the second Quantum Ultra-class vessel, currently known as ‘Spectrum 2’, will sail out of Barcelona after its launch in autumn 2020 and will visit the UK. Royal is poised to announce a major investment in port infrastructure in Barcelona.

Bayley confirmed Royal was likely to exercise five options for new-builds it has registered with shipyards. This would be in addition to five ship orders set to be delivered in the next five years."

Edited by little britain

8 minutes ago, little britain said:

Have you seen Spectrum 2 news?

Yes, read it! Nice to hear that she will sail out of Barcelona (good for us Europeans to have a new ship here too).

The more interesting part was about the - in total - 5 private islands and that you will be able to spend a night or more on land and leave on another ship.

steamboats

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Yes, read it! Nice to hear that she will sail out of Barcelona (good for us Europeans to have a new ship here too).

The more interesting part was about the - in total - 5 private islands and that you will be able to spend a night or more on land and leave on another ship.

steamboats

Should make for interesting pricing up against Allure....

I assume she will drop into Southampton on her way down to Barcelona.  Nice little repo....

Apparently Spectrum 2 is also confirmed to be in the Caribbean.

Edited by little britain