Spectrum of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

• 2 weeks later...

Today in the German news is an article about delays at Meyer Werft. Todays hand over of the AIDAnova has been delayed until later this month with the first cruise now Dec 2nd. First cruise should have been today.

Another newspaper talks about delays concerning the Spectrum of the Seas and the Spirit of Discovery too.

steamboats

On 11/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, steamboats said:

Today in the German news is an article about delays at Meyer Werft. Todays hand over of the AIDAnova has been delayed until later this month with the first cruise now Dec 2nd. First cruise should have been today.

Another newspaper talks about delays concerning the Spectrum of the Seas and the Spirit of Discovery too.

steamboats

Oh, well I don't like that news! I hope Spectrum is on time. Please keep us posted!

On 11/15/2018 at 8:43 AM, steamboats said:

steamboats

Hopefully just speculation.  

The Nova's delay doesn't mean Spectrum will necessarily be delayed.  Right?  RIGHT???

Fingers crossed...

4 hours ago, GolfMom321 said:

Hopefully just speculation.  

The Nova's delay doesn't mean Spectrum will necessarily be delayed.  Right?  RIGHT???

Fingers crossed...

It´s not totally speculation. The newspaper referred to an internal company newsletter. They were asking the workers to increase the work hours to 45 hours per week to get back into the timeline. Spectrum is the next ship to be delivered. They still can make it for sure. Of course AIDAnova is a new prototype ship and therefore there are still some kinks to be worked out which take longer than expected (I remember the Quantum....). But usually Meyer is pretty well known for keeping their delivery dates. So this is something to worry about.

steamboats

^ that doesn't bode well - she might end up like Quantum with a bunch of the work finished on the way to Dubai and this time they might not want customers on board. It may be a costly, and on CC, an ugly cancellation.

Biker, who is expecting the Meyer cheerleader to weigh in soon.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, The_0ne said:

The reason sailing has disappeared is because royal are currently booking in some large groups for the sailingonce that is done it will be back online

ship is not delayed

Thank you for this bit of good news. Now I shall go enjoy my turkey and trimmings, and I hope you all do, too!

Steamboats, where is your Intell from, can you post a screenshot of the newspaper article or facts that state that spectrum is delayed ... I have read that Aidanova is delayed due to LNG issues which is unique to this ship. How would this affect Spectrum?

19 hours ago, Miamia65 said:

Steamboats, where is your Intell from, can you post a screenshot of the newspaper article or facts that state that spectrum is delayed ... I have read that Aidanova is delayed due to LNG issues which is unique to this ship. How would this affect Spectrum?

I´ve linked to one of the articles in a previous post. The original article was published in a local newspaper called Osnabrücker Zeitung which is avilable online for payment only. It was covered by dpa (new agency like Reuters) and therefore spread into newspapers all over Germany.

No, the AIDAnova is not delayed because of the new LNG engines. It was delayed because the overall interior work was not yet finished.

Osnabrücker Zeitung quoted from an internal newletter to the staff. They specifically mentioned Spectrum and Spirit of Discovery being behind the schedule and asked the workers to increase their weekly working hours up to 45 hours to get back into the schedule.

It´s a fact that Spectrum and Spirit of Discovery are currently behind the schedule. As I said before it´s not yet a fact that the ships will be delivered late. There is still a lot of time til delivery and they can make it up.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Like Quantum, Anthem and Ovation with a big yellow ball on the back.

A bit different from Quantum, Anthem and Ovation, and unlike them, with a big yellow ball on the back. 

Here is a photo from back in October.

October view 1.png