FLL- Embassy Suites - size?

phabric

As with almost all Embassy Suites, there will be a door between the bed room and the living room.

And the bathroom is between the two sleeping areas on the living room side of the door so if someone in the bedroom needs to use it in the middle of the night they need to enter the living room area.

And the bathroom is between the two sleeping areas on the living room side of the door so if someone in the bedroom needs to use it in the middle of the night they need to enter the living room area.

Thanks Jackie, it is Wendy (Phabric) from the August 2013; 12 day British Isles cruise.

I am looking for a place for myself, sister, brother in law for about 4-5 days before a cruise end of January 2018.

I thought Embassy Suites might be bigger with 2 rooms, living area than a regular hotel room with hot breakfast, cocktails in evening, close to restaurants, trolley.

I have stayed at Hyatt Place 17th St, Best Western Oceanside.

Any hotel ideas?

Embassy Suites are fairly spacious and the amenities are good.

We enjoy lunch on the patio there and the evening reception.

Do they have a restaurant on site or did you bring something food back to eat?

We stayed there in December and the bathroom door was in the bedroom, not the hall between the Living room and Bedroom.

If I remember correctly, there is a restaurant at the hotel, but it serves mostly bar food such as burgers or chicken tenders.

There are a few restaurants in the shopping plaza right behind the hotel, and more across 17th street, so I wouldn't worry about dining if staying here.

No it isn't . It is in the bedroom. The living room people enter the bedroom and turn right..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jackie, it is Wendy (Phabric) from the August 2013; 12 day British Isles cruise.

I am looking for a place for myself, sister, brother in law for about 4-5 days before a cruise end of January 2018.

I thought Embassy Suites might be bigger with 2 rooms, living area than a regular hotel room with hot breakfast, cocktails in evening, close to restaurants, trolley.

I have stayed at Hyatt Place 17th St, Best Western Oceanside.

Any hotel ideas?

Wendy - hi! Try looking at Gallery One, a full suite Doubletree hotel with its own water taxi stop, right next to the Galleria Mall and numerous restaurants, just a couple of block walk to the beach and on the sun trolley route. Marriott Residence Inn is another possibility. It used to be Il Lugano and is also on the intracoastal and close to the beach and restaurants. Good luck!

There are several chain restaurants there--Outback and Carrabbas, along with others. There is a Panera across the street which is good, also, but my favorite is the Bimini Boatyard located in the rear of a plaza near the Renaissance. It is not a chain, excellent food, great bar, and outside seating on the back deck over looking the waterway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

my favorite is the Bimini Boatyard located in the rear of a plaza near the Renaissance. It is not a chain, excellent food, great bar, and outside seating on the back deck over looking the waterway.

Bimini Boatyard does not exist anymore. It's under a new name.

Boatyard is the new name. It is under new management and was renovated. http://boatyard.restaurant/

Most rooms at FLL location have the bathroom in the Bedroom area.

Stay there all the time including five nights ( 3 prior and 2 post cruise last month.

Like their pool area, free full breakfast, free drinks from 5:30-7:30 every night and close to lots of restaurants, Publix, and Total Wine.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Has microwave and frig as well as wetbar in outer area.

Boatyard is great but plan on about $125 for dinner for two.

Good Sushi place across the street, good Thai place down the street, two Mexican restaurants, bunch of fast food. Irish pub across the street and many other options.

Good Sports Bar - Duffy's right behind toward Publix.

Restaurant in house ok too, more than just pub grub.

Will be there again in March.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ok, everyone. I need some help. I looked into the Embassy Suites last night, but was not particularly fond of their "package" price that included shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to Miami. They actually wanted to charge $20 per child to ride shuttle to hotel, which is only a $15 taxi ride for everyone. And then $20 per child for shuttle to POM. They stated adults were free, but then they gave me a hotel price that was $40 more, and wanted to charge additional costs for a second adult in room (?????) Perhaps this fellow was confused and I should call again today, but my question to you all is this:

Does anyone out there know of a decent clean hotel in Ft Lauderdale at a reasonable price, that serves breakfast and offers shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to POM? Any suggestions welcome. This would be easy if it was just me and the hubby traveling, but we have 7 adults and 6 children traveling for the Getaway out of POM next January. We currently reserved at a Quality Inn, but there have been some worrisome reviews. Anyone have experience with this hotel on Stirling Rd in Ft Lauderdale?

Thank you all in advance.

Any hotel that shuttles to POM from FLL is going to charge for it. There is no free shuttle, as that is 45 minutes drive.

Define "reasonable" as that definition may not match with reality in January...there are MANY threads here discussing hotels.

With 13 people, you may need two shuttles, considering baggage. A better idea would be to contact one or two of the commonly recommended shuttle companies (SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, etc) and discuss some deal for that big a group.

Any hotel that shuttles to POM from FLL is going to charge for it. There is no free shuttle, as that is 45 minutes drive.

Define "reasonable" as that definition may not match with reality in January...there are MANY threads here discussing hotels.

With 13 people, you may need two shuttles, considering baggage. A better idea would be to contact one or two of the commonly recommended shuttle companies (SAS, QLS, Jiffy Jeff, etc) and discuss some deal for that big a group.

I am aware that a shuttle to POM will cost us, I understand that, but shouldn't from airport to hotel on a hotel shuttle.

"Reasonable" rate would be $200-$250.

Thank you

Ok, everyone. I need some help. I looked into the Embassy Suites last night, but was not particularly fond of their "package" price that included shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to Miami. They actually wanted to charge $20 per child to ride shuttle to hotel, which is only a $15 taxi ride for everyone. And then $20 per child for shuttle to POM. They stated adults were free, but then they gave me a hotel price that was $40 more, and wanted to charge additional costs for a second adult in room (?????) Perhaps this fellow was confused and I should call again today, but my question to you all is this:

Does anyone out there know of a decent clean hotel in Ft Lauderdale at a reasonable price, that serves breakfast and offers shuttle from airport to hotel and then hotel to POM? Any suggestions welcome. This would be easy if it was just me and the hubby traveling, but we have 7 adults and 6 children traveling for the Getaway out of POM next January. We currently reserved at a Quality Inn, but there have been some worrisome reviews. Anyone have experience with this hotel on Stirling Rd in Ft Lauderdale?

Thank you all in advance.

Okay, you will pay extra for an extra person at ES ( sometimes) due to the free drinks and breakfast. However for us it was the same price for 3.

My thoughts.. book the cheapest room you qualify for (Aaa, Corporate) and sign up for the Hilton rewards card for free wifi.

Use Uber from the airport and to POM. It will be cheaper and a better experience.

Your savings in the room will offset your transportation and will still be cheaper than the package.

I have stayed at that Quality Inn.. it is most definitely hit or miss. 2/3 rooms were not the best., air broken, dirty bathroom, very worn, moldy smelling.. the 3 was fine. I also didn't care for the area., there's just not tons there.. but for one night it would probably work. The shuttle was a pain also, we waited at the airport for an hour and the chaos for their port shuttle was crazy.. we got bumped out of our chosen time and we had already checked out. 9 of us had to sit in the lobby for over an hour. Blah!!!

I would book both ( book refundable and no penalty to cancel ) and watch rates daily. Book, cancel, rebook.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk