FTTF How Soon?

EMBFlyer

How soon is Faster to the Fun normally available for booking? We just book the Breeze for next summer (2018, yes I know how early that is) and it's not showing any available excursions. When should I start looking?

The usual experience seems to be as mentioned above, from 6-8 months in advance of sailing. However, some on this board have found it available much sooner (a year or so ahead). I would begin looking for it this early summer and not be disappointed if it shows up until later.

Edited by joepeka

I've been able to purchase it over a year in advance. They seem to release it for all listed itineraries that don't have it yet, on the same date. Email shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they can probably give you an idea of when they will be made available for your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been able to obtain 2 FTTF of our last 5 cruises a year ahead. The others were less time to find but not too much less.

On our upcoming cruise this December, I booked cruise in January and FTTF was available same time. So that was 11 months ahead, just keep looking everyday (a few times a day) until you get it. It is so worth the effort! Good Luck!

For our cruise in June, on the Magic, I was able to get the day they increased the price. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Normally, it depends. But if you are persistent enough, you should be able to snag it.

I would always check multiple times per day and always end up getting it.

Good Luck!!!!:D

This might be a silly question but here goes.....Do you have to have Online Check-In completed before you get buy excursions and FTTF? Reason I ask is cause everything is complete except we're having to get new passports since the old ones expired. Our cruise isn't until Jan 2018 so I know we have time but I was just wondering how the excursions/FTTF worked.

This might be a silly question but here goes.....Do you have to have Online Check-In completed before you get buy excursions and FTTF? Reason I ask is cause everything is complete except we're having to get new passports since the old ones expired. Our cruise isn't until Jan 2018 so I know we have time but I was just wondering how the excursions/FTTF worked.

I'd go ahead and do online check in now... I went in as soon as I booked but I had just mailed away our passports... so I just made it up but completed all the rest of the info. When our new passports arrived I just went in, edited the online docs and put in the correct passport info.

I also haven't decided which credit card I want to use for my S&S account. So I just set up a cash account for now. I'll change it closer to cruising.

And you need to have your booking in Carnival. As far as I know, that's the only restriction for booking excursions. Online check in is not a requirement.

How soon is Faster to the Fun normally available for booking? We just book the Breeze for next summer (2018, yes I know how early that is) and it's not showing any available excursions. When should I start looking?

It's too soon.

We booked in April 2015 for a March 2016 cruise...I checked every day sometimes 2-3 times a day and one day in June it popped up during my midday check. When we were checking in in port I noticed there were several left for purchase.

It was worth every penny to us especially for the special guest services line.

I booked our Oct. 2017 sailing on 2/1/17. Decided to "splurge" FTF, on 2/6. It was there & available then. I'm really looking forward to this, so my kids aren't grumpy from waiting a long time at the terminal & us not lugging around soda boxes.

No, you really don't have to have your online check-in completed first. I've ordered excursions (including FTTF) both before and after check-in and it really didn't matter.

If it makes you more comfortable to have it done, you can go ahead and check in without your passport numbers and then just take your passports to the port with you. I did that for our last cruise, no problems at all.

I booked our Oct. 2017 sailing on 2/1/17. Decided to "splurge" FTF, on 2/6. It was there & available then. I'm really looking forward to this, so my kids aren't grumpy from waiting a long time at the terminal & us not lugging around soda boxes.

Good you were spared of anxiously checking regularly for a longer period.

• 2 months later...