Princess Website

memoak

Bob.. I can do it on iPhone se and iPad but not macbook pro which is running el captain. what version are you running? on mb pro I can see the booked guests words and can

click on it. Once there I can sign in but I can't search for cruises. I can go though to my booked cruises and click on everything there.

I have Sierra on my MB Pro.....

Bob

I have an older iPad with iOS 9.3.5. No software updates available for my iPad when I check.

I have an iPad 3 and it is no longer compatible with the newest iOS releases, which means that software like Safari will probably not be updated any further. Apple bundles Safari updates with iOS updates. No iOS updates, no browser updates. I also run Chrome on this iPad just for that reason.

I don't generally try to interact with conventional web sites with my iPad, I try to limit my web usage through apps (like the Amazon app or the eBay app, etc.) Although web site design for mobile devices is better now than it ever has been, it doesn't work nearly as well as a custom designed app. I can attempt to log in with my similarly configured iPad and see how it behaves with the Princess web site and report back.

I just tried again and found my iPad is suddenly working. Same IOS, same safari, same everything. I don't know what Princess did to resolve the problem but they apparently found the source of the problem. It would be nice if it didn't take a week to do so.

Hopefully someone in the IT department will remember the fix if it happens again

The one thing I realized today is that none of this makes any sense. I used someone else's desktop to print up my boarding passes etc. The PC had both Firefox and Explorer downloaded on it's system. I used Firefox first and got the malfunctioning website. I then tried Explorer, and lo and behold, the website was fully functioning. Same PC, different browsers, so apparently it doesn't matter which operating system is being used - the problem may be in the browsers.

Like I said, none of this is making sense. Why are some updated apple products working while some aren't? My Macbook Pro is now working yet I am using Yosemite (which I have not updated). My iPhone 6 and iPad still aren't working at all. :confused:

After a week of not being able to use the web site on my IPad 2, I have full usage again tonight. I did not update anything on this end. I also had trouble on my desktop but customer service was able to remedy that quickly. It all seemed to start when I entered that contest for a free cruise with the Medallion Cruising promotion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does anyone else have an issue getting the website to work on their Android phone? I can't search for cruises, it won't let me choose a month. I also had terrible issues with Princess@Sea while on the Regal last month, it kept logging me out, but my husband had very few issues with his iPhone. Overall, I think their website, etc, sucks, and I hope Medallion class works much better. I'd hate to be locked out of my room because the stupid thing won't work right.

I am looking at the California coastal cruises for October. I never can get a consistent idea what is available. Some cruise don't show at all and a few days later they appear. Is it a web site problem or just a Princess thing. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app