It's been 10 minutes and I already regret it.

RCCL Fan

Thanks for all the responses.

Clarifications and what not...

1) We were just asking if anyone had done a D1 with 2 adults and 2 kids at that age. We're on 5 or 6 RCI cruises with our kids now. They were just all in JS not in a D1

2) If we did connecting cabins, we would never leave the kids alone on one side. We're super protective. If anything I'd likely sleep over there alone so I can snore and the girls in the other side. hehehe. But we'd have the space during the day and dressing/etc.

3) We're booking now during the BOGO 60 + 30% off 3rd/4th passengers so I don't think the connecting rooms would be same price or cheaper. But mayber the 30% off 3rd/4th passengers isn't on anymore, I'll double check.

4) Hi Missy!!! Hugs to you & the fam.

Yes she gets her own number :-)

5) We're still booked in the D1 on Anthem, I'll price the cost of a second. But I agree with many that we can survive and put that 2K to better use.

6) My solstice comment was not literal.... anthem and solstice share the same "footprint" kinda like my volvo S60 and the ford fusion. In no way the same ship, but they share the same "beginnings" that's what I meant. I got the info from an RCI engineer buddy. and if you look at the structure of the ship, i can see it. But don't want to debate that fact. :-)

7) And all of it may be thrown out the window because one of my wife's closest friends whose daughter is one of my daughter's closest friends is 90% likely booking Oasis that same week we're booked on Anthem. So we may be going back on Oasis and all this is moot. Sorry! But then again I can't seem to find a JS on any Oasis class ship this summer. But that's a whole other thread.

Happy cruising!!!!!

A JS is only worth an extra $50 a day for the two of us.....so $350 total on a 7 night cruise.

Wife loves the bathtub....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Anthem JS includes access to CK, I would value it higher than on most ships

Anthem JS includes access to CK, I would value it higher than on most ships

Never been to CK. I hear it's fantastic.

So yes.....if we ever get a chance to sail Anthem we would pay a bit more per day for a JS.

No reason to sail out of NJ for us though.

Never been to CK. I hear it's fantastic.

So yes.....if we ever get a chance to sail Anthem we would pay a bit more per day for a JS.

No reason to sail out of NJ for us though.

The FL based Oasis ships have CK as well. Plus the hump JS balconies are huge.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The FL based Oasis ships have CK as well. Plus the hump JS balconies are huge.

I've never seen a JS within my acceptable price range on Oasis class.

After our Allure cruise in September (friends begged us to go with them), we will be scratching off Oasis class from the list. The ships are too big and impersonal.

Considering your initial post, I would probably advise a FJS. A D1 is fine for you with kids that age, but you will notice the lack of space, especially getting around the foot of the bed. You may find it annoying. Might be ok to do it this time to experience it first hand and save a lot of money. But I am guessing you won't do it again.

Keep watching, sometimes they have a guarantee for JS for more than 2 people as the sailing gets nearer.

Ours are all between $2,800 and $3,100 including tips and some OBC. I find that price acceptable

Good price

Our last 2 boardwalk balcony cabins on Harmony were $1640 and $1690 all in.

We didn't like the cabin though....but thought we'd try it. Had the one on the end with a great ocean view. We also had a fantastic view of the cabin across the boardwalk....lol

I would never consider a regular balcony cabin w/ more than 2 people. No way. You could do it, but you will need a vacation after your vacation.

on breakaway i did a normal balcony with 2 kids after doing a haven spa with just me and gf. talk about being cramped. and having to avoid the ladder on the pulldown. 50% less room with 2 more people.

yet i survived and i'm here to tell the tale. 4 in a balcony is possible, just really depends what you are used to , can afford etc.

2) If we did connecting cabins, we would never leave the kids alone on one side. We're super protective. If anything I'd likely sleep over there alone so I can snore and the girls in the other side. hehehe. But we'd have the space during the day and dressing/etc.

Just for the record, We are also super protective parents -- no apologies for that! My oldest is out of college and the youngers are college students; if I could go back in time, I wouldn't change a thing. But I digress:

I've done connecting rooms ... you can leave the doors open between the cabins so you can literally see /hear what's going on in the second room. This situation gives you the best of both worlds: You have the space of two rooms and a little bit of privacy, two bathrooms, two closets ... yet you can close the door when it suits you (like when everyone's dressing) but keep it open at night so the kids can sleep in the next room and you can hear everything that's going on.

When we've done this, we've put a "do not disturb" sign on the kids' side so no staff will knock on the kids' side.

Thanks for all the responses.

Clarifications and what not...

3) We're booking now during the BOGO 60 + 30% off 3rd/4th passengers so I don't think the connecting rooms would be same price or cheaper. But mayber the 30% off 3rd/4th passengers isn't on anymore, I'll double check.

We are also super protective, I have been accused of being way too over protective of my son in particular :o, to the point that I don't even get a balcony cabin. We wedged the connecting door open and made sure that their cabin door was fully locked, with the do not disturb sign on.

Price wise - if you think about it, it's BOGO 60% and 30% off 3rd & 4th. If you get two cabins you are doing two bookings, which means two 2nd guests instead of a 3rd & a 4th. It works out to be the same price.