Excursion credit - how does it work?

sandystx

Hi. I chose the per port excursion credit as one of my Free at Sea choices. Has anyone used this yet that can explain how it works? If I pre book my excursion will the credit apply at that time when I buy them? Or is it reimbursed on the ship or perhaps after the cruise? Also, if I wait to book excursion while on the ship, would they just be discounted by the amount of the credit?

thanks for any guidance.

I haven't used it, to me it's the worst perk offered... but people have said that if you call in to book the excursions they will let you reserve the spot and then you can pay on the ship to use your credit. Just keep in mind the credit is $50 per excursion you take... not $50 x the number of ports you have. So if you have 4 ports you won't get one $200 credit to apply towards 1-2 excursions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The credit shows up after the excursion is done. You are also not charged until on the boat. We booked before we got on so I cannot answer regarding excursions bought on board.

As a side note, we were pleasantly surprised that our float and snorkel rental on GSC were counted as shore excursions! Didn't expect that so it was a nice surprise!

No, each person who has that "perk" will get $40 credit for that excursion at that port; it means you each lose $10.

Incorrect. The excursion credit is by stateroom.

Additionally, you call the number in the terms and conditions, reserve the shore excursions and it charges to your stateroom. The credit of $50 will be deducted from your account.

Hi. I chose the per port excursion credit as one of my Free at Sea choices. Has anyone used this yet that can explain how it works? If I pre book my excursion will the credit apply at that time when I buy them? Or is it reimbursed on the ship or perhaps after the cruise? Also, if I wait to book excursion while on the ship, would they just be discounted by the amount of the credit?

thanks for any guidance.

You need to call the excursions number for the promotion. They will reserve the excursion and you pay onboard.

If you book yourself online, you pay the full amount and get an obc on the ship when you complete the cruise. You need to use that credit for something on the ship.

Incorrect. The excursion credit is by stateroom.

Additionally, you call the number in the terms and conditions, reserve the shore excursions and it charges to your stateroom. The credit of $50 will be deducted from your account.

I'm sorry that my response was wrong. I cannot believe that 3 people in a cabin would take a perk that is only worth $200 for the three of them ($66.67 each) which works out at about $16.50 per person per day.

I'm sorry that my response was wrong. I cannot believe that 3 people in a cabin would take a perk that is only worth $200 for the three of them ($66.67 each) which works out at about $16.50 per person per day.

Why is that difficult to believe? We don't care to do specialty dining and I specifically want to unplug from the internet so what is left...Excursion credit. $50 is $50 I didn't have before. Just my thoughts. :)

• Like 1

Why is that difficult to believe? We don't care to do specialty dining and I specifically want to unplug from the internet so what is left...Excursion credit. $50 is $50 I didn't have before. Just my thoughts. :)

I completely agree...this was us a few weeks ago. In my opinion paying gratuity for a free drink package isn't really free! The excursion promo is actually free money we would have spent. ;)

I'm a little confused and need some help with this shore excursion credit. We have a $200 credit for 4 ports. My friend and I are traveling together, but she is paying for the shore excursions in return for my son and I gifting her airline points for her airfare.

So, here are my questions:

We willl have separate shipboard accounts. Are the shore excursion credits applied to the first person on the reservation (her), or $25 to each of us per excursion?

Our last excursion is the day before we dock at the end of the cruise. How do they credit that one?

Does NCL charge the daily service charge per day, or is your entire account's bill charged at the end of the cruise? The 3rd of our 4 excursions will occur 7 days before the cruise ends, so I'm assuming her daily service charge or drinks in the evening will absorb the obc for the the 3rd shore excursion.

Any suggestions on how to handle this onboard are appreciated.

Edited by pcur
teeeeeny, tiny little Samsung Galaxy keyboard..........

I'm a little confused and need some help with this shore excursion credit. We have a $200 credit for 4 ports. My friend and I are traveling together, but she is paying for the shore excursions in return for my son and I gifting her airline points for her airfare.

So, here are my questions:

We willl have separate shipboard accounts. Are the shore excursion credits applied to the first person on the reservation (her), or $25 to each of us per excursion?

Our last excursion is the day before we dock at the end of the cruise. How do they credit that one?

Does NCL charge the daily service charge per day, or is your entire account's bill charged at the end of the cruise? The 3rd of our 4 excursions will occur 7 days before the cruise ends, so I'm assuming her daily service charge or drinks in the evening will absorb the obc for the the 3rd shore excursion.

Any suggestions on how to handle this onboard are appreciated.

I am not sure on the separate accounts, for us it gave a 50 dollar credit per port, use it or lose it. Call NCL to find out.

It will post before the final invoice.

Dsc is charged daily.

The shore excursions credit is a use it or lose it deal. If you have an excursion through NCL in a port you will get 50 credit to your ship board account. As long as the excursion was over 50. It worked well for the DW and I on our Alaska cruise on the Sun.