5 day Ruby to Cabo ~ Is there a formal night?

jillyfish

Just trying to confirm if there is or is not a formal night on our 5 day Ruby cruise to Cabo.The info I found on Princess shows 1 formal night for 5-6 night cruises, but has an ' * '

right next to it that then says 'there may not be a formal night on shorter cruises' :confused:

Yes, there is one formal night. We did a 5 day to Cabo a year and a half ago and there was one formal night.

As per the Princess website:

Length of Cruise / Number of Formal Evenings

1 - 4 Days / 0

5 - 6 Days / 1

7 - 13 Days / 2

14 - 20 Days / 3

21 - 28 Days / 4

29+ Days / 5 Minimum

Yes, there is a formal night. However, the Captain can choose not to have one.

I've been on cruises when the Captain chose to not have a formal night and I've been on others when the Captain added a formal night. It's up to the Captain.

Gosh, that really helps with my packing!!! :p :oThanks!!

Look at the Travel Itinerary from the Calendar and Planning Tab. At the top you should have something like:-

Your itinerary includes 2 formal nights and 10 smart casual nights. Port order and/or content may vary, please check specific sailing date for details. Port arrival and departure times are approximate and subject to change without notice.

That is what appears in mine.

The five night cruise is suppose to have a formal night and our upcoming 5 day says that there is one formal night. All men have to wear is a pair of dockers and a button shirt with collar while females need a nice pair of pants and a top. On a short 5 day cruise there will not be a lot of fancier clothes worn. Don't worry about it.

Look at the Travel Itinerary from the Calendar and Planning Tab. At the top you should have something like:-

Your itinerary includes 2 formal nights and 10 smart casual nights. Port order and/or content may vary, please check specific sailing date for details. Port arrival and departure times are approximate and subject to change without notice.

That is what appears in mine.

ahhhhh, yes I do see that on the top of my planning calendar

Thanks!

Just trying to confirm if there is or is not a formal night on our 5 day Ruby cruise to Cabo.The info I found on Princess shows 1 formal night for 5-6 night cruises, but has an ' * '

right next to it that then says 'there may not be a formal night on shorter cruises' :confused:

There will be 1.

Look in your booking on the Princess website under the travel summary/itinerary.

The # of formal nights for your cruise will be listed there.The suggested dress will also be listed on the Princess website.

It's a really nice cruise. Love the overnight in Cabo. :) It's nice to be able to spend more time there.

We are on the April 24 Cabo. I'm not really too sure about the overnight - we took it because it was convenient.

I think I'd rather have a full day (a.m. arrival, p.m. departure) rather than 2 half days in port.

In fact, it wouldn't even bother me if the ship didn't even stop in a port.

Do the tenders operate all night and early morning long or is there a period when there are no tenders?

Look in your booking on the Princess website under the travel summary/itinerary.

The # of formal nights for your cruise will be listed there.

That information cannot always be trusted.

For example, if you booked a 14 day cruise which is really a b2b of seven days for each segment, there will be two formal nights on each segment for a total of four.

However, the Personalizer will go by the list posted above by ar1950. Instead of saying there will be 4 formal nights, it will say there will be 3.

Also, though it will not apply to the cruise the OP is on, I have been on some holiday cruises where an extra formal night was added by the ship, thus having one more formal night than the personalizer had said there would be.

We are on the April 24 Cabo. I'm not really too sure about the overnight - we took it because it was convenient.

I think I'd rather have a full day (a.m. arrival, p.m. departure) rather than 2 half days in port.

In fact, it wouldn't even bother me if the ship didn't even stop in a port.

Do the tenders operate all night and early morning long or is there a period when there are no tenders?

When we did the Cabo cruise the tenders ran until 11 or 12 at night and then started again around 6 am the next morning.

I just checked my booked 5-night Cabo cruise and indeed it shows 1 formal night and 4 smart casual nights. Hope this helps. :)

• 2 months later...
Is there any pattern as to which night tends to be the formal night on this 5-day Princess cruise to Cabo? I.e., is it typically the 2nd night, 3rd, etc.?

Only 1 formal night and it will be on first sea day.

I just returned from the 5 day Cabo cruise on the Ruby & YES we had one formal might.

Tom😎