temps in Sydney, will it cool off a bit by March??

All

I

Not worried about rain--we have procured some light rain ponchos with hoods for rainy days. Rather be a tad warm but dry, no rain running down my neck and back. And if its just a mild rain, a hat will do the trick.

Thanks again

ML

PS: We will be taking a few minutes at the Sydney airport to change from our heavier winter clothes to shorts before we emerge into Sydney :)

At least if it does not rain, and I hope it does not, you can use the ponchos when you get to hold a Koala, so they will not be wasted.

I will be in Sydney next Saturday.

Can you nice people please organise it to be about 25, partly sunny. Gentle breeze?

That would be lovely, thank you.

Currently predicting 27, so close.

Hobart and Por Arthur about 22-23.

But some light showers.

What have you got planned?

Trying to balance out the 2 Sydney visits. Ocean walk, Bondi to Coogee. Zoo. Manley ferry. Art Gallery. On the Rocks I have often gone to the Bavarian beer restaurant, but I do drink beer.

On the 2 March I am catching up with fencing friends in th evening. As long as they get me ack in time for sail away.

Port Arthur, self exploring. Hobart, Maisons Hut Museum. I believe Mona is closed that day. Might find a short trip into countryside.

Trying to balance out the 2 Sydney visits. Ocean walk, Bondi to Coogee. Zoo. Manley ferry. Art Gallery. On the Rocks I have often gone to the Bavarian beer restaurant, but I do drink beer.

On the 2 March I am catching up with fencing friends in th evening. As long as they get me ack in time for sail away.

Port Arthur, self exploring. Hobart, Maisons Hut Museum. I believe Mona is closed that day. Might find a short trip into countryside.

Ah a fencer, you would know they have fencing on QM2 in ye olde ballroom.:eek:

You will like Mawson's Hut Recreation on Hobart Waterfront, my son's company http://www.chimuadventures.com.au is a major sponsor of it. I was there last September at the Australian Antarctic Festival. Enjoy !!!

Ah a fencer, you would know they have fencing on QM2 in ye olde ballroom.:eek:

You will like Mawson's Hut Recreation on Hobart Waterfront, my son's company www.chimuadventures.com.au is a major sponsor of it. I was there last September at the Australian Antarctic Festival. Enjoy !!!

I have done a bit of fencing in the past, I prefer Colourbond but the wooden paling ones are just as satisfying to put up.:cool:

I have done a bit of fencing in the past, I prefer Colourbond but the wooden paling ones are just as satisfying to put up.:cool:

:D Pure Gold Uncle Mic. Being a fencer some of some quality, did you install the new rails on QM2 when you were on it last? :rolleyes:

Might try fencing on QM2, but might hurt somebody. Come to think of it, I did try fencing a couple of times in the Army, they had rubber tips on the end of the swords to reduce the incidence of injury or death.

Sounds like a good plan. We love the zoo, and the Ferry across is nice.

Port Arthur probably just wander around, unless Mrs Gut decides to catch up with the boss down there.

Hobart I think the girls just want to go for a wander.

Don't forget there is also an art gallery at the Rocks "Museum of Contemporary Art" as an option with less "rush".

:D Pure Gold Uncle Mic. Being a fencer some of some quality, did you install the new rails on QM2 when you were on it last? :rolleyes:

Might try fencing on QM2, but might hurt somebody. Come to think of it, I did try fencing a couple of times in the Army, they had rubber tips on the end of the swords to reduce the incidence of injury or death.

Fencing???

Do I need my own hammer and nails, or is it post and wire (or rails)?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-weather-storm-tempest-and-a-long-commute-home-20170217-gufmtv.html

it was BLACK in the city around 3.45 !! That poor Ovation... I couldn't see it from my nice view :p

It was BUCKETING down... and now.... 6.20 in God's Country (The Shire).. the sun is out.

Tomorrow - Saturday... well we'll be expecting the same.. sun.. humidity.. storms... and back to sun again.... this is what the next month and a bit will be like.... and yes.. we need the rain.. the pool needs a few more inches.

I would have loved to see that. I do miss proper storms. But, I don't want any damage or anything. Maybe just a nice storm late at night when most are home and off the roads. Completely understand "we need the rain"!

I am watching women's golf in Adelaide right now, and yes, I get it is further away; looks cool and windy. Would to be there. Playing would be better than watching!

ML

I will be in Sydney next Saturday.

Can you nice people please organise it to be about 25, partly sunny. Gentle breeze?

That would be lovely, thank you.

At least if it does not rain, and I hope it does not, you can use the ponchos when you get to hold a Koala, so they will not be wasted.

25 would be Ok, I could even go for a tad less!

Bpos

You get the prize for the night--almost spit my wine all over computer screen when I read this. I will keep it in mind. And, we planned to leave the rain ponchos behind. If we use them for Koalas, might be best :D

ML

PS: We are planning to go to Lone Pine, so maybe we'll bring the ponchos. I do want to hold a (nasty, clawed) Koala!!

Last time I put up colourbond finished up, took the boots off, decided to just move one sheet, you can work out the rest, maybe except the bit where the sight of bone and blood nearly made Mrs Gut pass out, funny thing she wasn't the least Squamish when she worked in the pathology lab, cutting up dead bodies and all.

Last time I fenced was in a national comp Anzac Day last year. Looking at getting ready for the Australian Veteran team for Commonwealth and World events. Withdrew during the event because of a very sore neck and the ref sent me straight to medical.

Sports trainer and doc would not release me for 1 1/2 hours as they got some vitals stabilised.

First doc said he couldn't do much, but I had to consider not fencing.

Second doc has said I HAD to give up fencing.

See another doc when I get back to talk about a bionic serviceable spine insertion.

All relates back to the thread on carrying meds (including opioids) when travelling.

So, I may put on my Aus track suit and go and laugh at the noobs on the boat.

Last time I fenced was in a national comp Anzac Day last year. Looking at getting ready for the Australian Veteran team for Commonwealth and World events. Withdrew during the event because of a very sore neck and the ref sent me straight to medical.

Sports trainer and doc would not release me for 1 1/2 hours as they got some vitals stabilised.

See another doc when I get back to talk about a bionic serviceable spine insertion.

All relates back to the thread on carrying meds (including opioids) when travelling.

Yeah but them opioids are hell.

Yeah but them opioids are hell.

Oh, I hate them. I took 1 to be able to sleep. Mid next morning I had a supervision session with a PhD student and the co-supervisor. 12 hours later and I still could not focus for more rah about 5 minutes at a time.

Sometimes they are more than necessary, however. :mad:

I would have loved to see that. I do miss proper storms. But, I don't want any damage or anything. Maybe just a nice storm late at night when most are home and off the roads. Completely understand "we need the rain"!

I am watching women's golf in Adelaide right now, and yes, I get it is further away; looks cool and windy. Would to be there. Playing would be better than watching!

ML

Adelaide has been very hot and now has the cooler weather front coming through, top of 21 with a chance of showers, today and tomorrow.

Also watching the golf, Hope the Aussies can take out the first place.:D

Touche'

Another star fencer, Cunard should sign you on as QM2 fencing coach. Yep, get into the Cunard nobs/:eek:

Oh, I hate them. I took 1 to be able to sleep. Mid next morning I had a supervision session with a PhD student and the co-supervisor. 12 hours later and I still could not focus for more rah about 5 minutes at a time.

Sometimes they are more than necessary, however. :mad:

Whereas when I take them, I need to take powerful sleeping drugs or I CAN'T Sleep at all.