Suspicious Mini-bar charges

Me thinks perhaps the bad (or no ) tipper theory is the best. And the bad/no tippers deserve it for being so selfish :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow...we tip very generously. I always do prepaid grats, and hand out cash as extras. Our cabin attendant always

finds we keep a very clean and tidy cabin, and gets a nice envelope of extra cash tip at the end of the cruise.

So much for your theory. :rolleyes:

Wow...we tip very generously. I always do prepaid grats, and hand out cash as extras. Our cabin attendant always

finds we keep a very clean and tidy cabin, and gets a nice envelope of extra cash tip at the end of the cruise.

It was not my theory (and I really don't think there is a conspiracy). I was making fun of an earlier theory someone had thrown out (this one was hidden in a list of them). I think it was on like page two.

All in fun...

SaveSave

• 2 months later...

Just noticed this thread and was wondering...Can't you just ask the steward at the beginning of the cruise to remove the bottles and not bring any back? Do you think someone would still get charged?

Just noticed this thread and was wondering...Can't you just ask the steward at the beginning of the cruise to remove the bottles and not bring any back? Do you think someone would still get charged?

There are no longer supposed to be any bottles of water left in the stateroom.

Prior to this change it was bar staff who had to remove the items from the fridge and not the cabin steward.

Me too!! :D

Was such a silly deal to take out everything with the mini bar...but leave those two

unwanted bottles of water there when they could have been ordered with the rest

of the mini bar supplies ...if indeed wanted. :o

I wonder if anyone ever orders those big bottles now.

I would think not and that was why they were left in our cabins to get some real or suspicious sales.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We do exactly the same as you.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Confirming, no bottles of water for sale in our MJ stateroom this week.

Glad to hear it. I once spent an entire 8 night cruise having the charges removed from my bill for my Crown and Anchor water amenity. The charges would be removed by the end of the day, and the next day they would reappear with yet another bottle added to the original mischarge. Finally, right before disembarking, I went to Guest Services, had them adjust, print my bill and required that the supervisor sign it with a statement that it was my final bill. It wasn't a lot of money, but rather the principle of being repeatedly charged. Even using the priority line at Guest Services, I still wasted my vacation time trying to repeatedly fix something that should never have occured in the first place.

Confirming, no bottles of water for sale in our MJ stateroom this week.

Sailed two weeks ago on Oasis and no water available in the cabins!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update. Glad they actually followed through with this.

• 1 month later...
DW and I each had the mystery $3.85 mini bar charge last week on Harmony. We were Star Class so there should be no bar charges. I think the conspiracy theory is in play.;)

Hard to believe it happens to Star Class guests too.:rolleyes:

Hard to believe it happens to Star Class guests too.:rolleyes:

Maybe they thought if you could afford star class you wouldn't query the small charge or notice it.

I thought these charges would be history once they took the big bottles of water out of the cabin.

Oh no...not again!! Just when I thought it was safe to have my credit card

on file for expenses...versus the cash account I did the last few cruises to

avoid those bogus charges! :o:eek::mad:

I hope they finally took those water bottles for purchase out of the cabins. Those were the cause of many of the fake mini bar charges.

Oh no...not again!! Just when I thought it was safe to have my credit card

on file for expenses...versus the cash account I did the last few cruises to

avoid those bogus charges! :o:eek::mad:

I hope they finally took those water bottles for purchase out of the cabins. Those were the cause of many of the fake mini bar charges.

Maybe they are feeling the pinch now the bottles have gone and think a small mystery charge will not be queried or they think people cannot be bothered to ring for a small amount.