Bonnie: Problem Booking Land Discoveries on Web Site

nordski

'Escalated' in computer terms means:

"Dunno what's wrong. It needs a bigger hammer. Send it to the megabrain with the big hammer.":)

As far as I know the overall problem is fixed (see my post 3/4). When there are individuals with problems I believe they refer them to someone who can research that individual booking, and also see if their profile is messed up somehow.

But I like your concept of someone with a megabrain and a big hammer :D(y)

Edited by BBMacLaird
removed a possessive apostrophe

I inquired that day as well. They told me they'd received your email and had 'escalated' it (I'm not exactly sure what that term means). I'll look into it again. And I apologize no one confirmed receipt.

Escalated means they bump it and makes it a top priority.

Still not working today. Getting frustrated. 😡

Escalated means they bump it and makes it a top priority.

Still not working today. Getting frustrated. 😡

I think Steve is more correct you don't become a top priority it's just person 1 cannot deal with it so it goes up to person 2. As your cruise is a little time off they will probably work on the more immediate issues first but I can see your frustrations.

I tried to sign up for the Azamazing Evening for Dec 1 Quest voyage. I couldn't book it. Probably because we don't stop at the port where it is scheduled to take place.

Hi cpkcruiser,

the AzAmazing Evening for the Dec 1 Quest voyage is still being worked on.

Lucky you- have you tried September 6th yet? We just did and it still said "system maintenance " or booking cannot be retrieved. Would like to sign up for the Azamazing evening. Not sure what else we can do? Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did and when I tried to book the Azamazing evening I got a message that land discoveries were being worked on and to try again closer to sailing. Looks like the azamazing evening will be in Dubrovnik. A little confusing since it shows the evening with a description.

Have you begun the check in process? I did and maybe that made a difference.

You shouldn't have to start check in to book Land Discoveries. I still can't get the cruise after to work at all :(

You shouldn't have to start check in to book Land Discoveries. I still can't get the cruise after to work at all :(

True, but it seemed after I put my credit card info in, it took the azamazing evening reservation. I don't think it's working right yet. Ridiculous! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi cpkcruiser,

the AzAmazing Evening for the Dec 1 Quest voyage is still being worked on.

Bonnie....

How about the Azamazing Evening for Nov 20 ? I imagine it is still being worked on too ? Also you may want LD to take a look at excursions for this cruise as they show a mixture of the old cruise and the new cruise itineraries. Could be confusing to some . Can you also double check arrival time for Cozumel on the 24th

Thanks

For those in the UK that involves a premium UK number not included in any phone calling plan. It really annoys when the reason we are incurring costs is because of an IT failure. Sorry but for things like buying excursions I'm an online shopper not a telephone shopper!

For those in the UK that involves a premium UK number not included in any phone calling plan. It really annoys when the reason we are incurring costs is because of an IT failure. Sorry but for things like buying excursions I'm an online shopper not a telephone shopper!

Somehow I didn't think someone calling herself midwestchick lived in the UK, and I was responding to her. She has a free phone call, as I do, and it takes five minutes to book excursions by phone. It's, frankly, much easier and more efficient than doing it on-line, even when the web site is working as it's supposed to.

And, bottom line, there's no reason to sign up for the Azamazing Evenings before boarding. There is no capacity limitation and the Land Discoveries desk has a list you can add your name to any time before the Evening. All they're looking for is a count in order to provide adequate buses or vans, and no one checks your name or stateroom number that night to make sure you have signed up beforehand.

Hi

I do not mean to be rude or argumentative HOWEVER anyone that has sailed before with RCCL, Celebrity, or Azamara knows that they have the worst IT department on the planet. Why whigg about something that is so easily handled. Make a list of the tours you want, call Le Club Voyage, pay and you are done. Seems to me would even be faster than on line. I am usually one of those that gets my panties in a bunch and my nose out of joint with hassles. I want to go on the cruise I have booked and if it means me making a phone call so be it. Better than not going on the cruise.

Where there is a will there is a way. Getting upset is not going to make these fools fix their web sites. Outsmart them and call Le Club Voyage. Do not ALLOW them to mess up your cruise, raise your blood pressure and ruin your great time.

Just my opinion

Kathy

Somehow I didn't think someone calling herself midwestchick lived in the UK, and I was responding to her. She has a free phone call, as I do, and it takes five minutes to book excursions by phone.

Living west of Chicago definitely makes me Midwest. :D

I remember your name from our December Quest roll call but don't believe we met. Were you at the meet and mingle? :confused:

Living west of Chicago definitely makes me Midwest. :D

I remember your name from our December Quest roll call but don't believe we met. Were you at the meet and mingle? :confused:

West of Chicago is about as midwest as you can get. We were in central Illinois long ago.

Don't fret over the Azamazing Evenings. Just sign the list at Land Discoveries sometime when you're walking by. By definition it won't sell out.