Cabin Recategorization Coming

Found this on the "sea" site that shows cabin availability

L2 Suite w/ Balcony, Crown Loft Suite

L1 Suite w/ Balcony, AquaTheater Suite, twobedrooms, large balcony

A1 Suite w/ Balcony, AquaTheater Suite, twobedrooms, large balcony

This is wrong - L1/L2 are both Crown Loft Suite

A2 (Not listed), is also 2 bedroom Aqua Theater along with A3/A4 (not listed) are the 1 bedroom Aqua Theater.

The A2 are in faded pick. It alternates between bright pink and faded pink. Sky class is in faded and bright blue? So A1/A2 are in Star.

My question is has anyone seen any TL (Star Loft) availability. I have looked at a number of dates and see plenty of A1/A2 and RL availability but never any TL. Would be interested in knowing what the price is compared to the A1.

This is very strange - I could have sworn on my computer yesterday it was in dark grey! But if that's the case, all the better! The fare tracking website I use has TL prices and and it was only $200 per pax more than the A1. However, on the sailings I'm tracking, it's sold out (not surprising since there are only 2 on the ship - on the cruises I am looking at, even A1/A2 availability is limited).

This is very strange - I could have sworn on my computer yesterday it was in dark grey! But if that's the case, all the better!

I went back and saw what I had saved and was relieved my eyes were not playing tricks one me. This was what RCL had posted - probably in error. Glad they have amended the colour of the A2 category now. d9ab448e4f4d14d33b1c6f095c09ebd2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering what price differences there would be in the JS category on the Oasis class ship. There are JS with extended balconies and JS with a "regular" balcony and all had been the same price in the past. I checked the Symphony for a 7 day caribbean cruise and the JS with the extended balcony is $460 more :eek:. Will see if this continues when the Oasis, Harmony, and Allure open up for the caribbean cruises. If it's $460 more I will be perfectly happy with the "regular" balcony!!

I was wondering what price differences there would be in the JS category on the Oasis class ship. There are JS with extended balconies and JS with a "regular" balcony and all had been the same price in the past. I checked the Symphony for a 7 day caribbean cruise and the JS with the extended balcony is $460 more :eek:. Will see if this continues when the Oasis, Harmony, and Allure open up for the caribbean cruises. If it's $460 more I will be perfectly happy with the "regular" balcony!!

I think you can safely assume that this will be the norm for JS category on Oasis Class ships. I will also be rethinking my cabins choice.:(

I'd say the higher cost is due to the age of the ship. Whenever a new ship comes out, the next eldest always drops pretty well across the board.

Sent from my iPhone

I agree. But splitting JS into more than one category on any ship will mean that the higher priced one will probably be out of my price range.

I'd say the higher cost is due to the age of the ship. Whenever a new ship comes out, the next eldest always drops pretty well across the board.

Sent from my iPhone

Actually the new Cat's on all ships next year larger balconies will be in their own Cat, costing more....

Princess took the best minisuites, added a couple of perks, named them Club Class and raised the rent. That's probably what RCI is doing. I remember when hump cabins were the same price as the others. Then the light dawned...people really want them, so let's make them pay more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went back and saw what I had saved and was relieved my eyes were not playing tricks one me. This was what RCL had posted - probably in error. Glad they have amended the colour of the A2 category now. d9ab448e4f4d14d33b1c6f095c09ebd2.jpg

Would it be possible for you to send me the link for this page. I never saw that befor. When I search I need to go back and forth. Thnaks in advanced

Would it be possible for you to send me the link for this page. I never saw that befor. When I search I need to go back and forth. Thnaks in advanced

I posted the link a few posts back. Here it is (and updated such that A2 is now in a light pink shade): http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

Maybe for some. :rolleyes:

I guess that's why they hire analysts and such. Gotta find that sweet spot.

I worked for home builders most of my career. The prime lots, lake, park, golf course, etc., always fetched a premium. If the didn't sell right away, they were always there for closeout. But the good ones always sold.

In our condo, there is a massive surcharge for ocean views, higher floors, etc...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I worked for home builders most of my career. The prime lots, lake, park, golf course, etc., always fetched a premium. If the didn't sell right away, they were always there for closeout. But the good ones always sold.

In our condo, there is a massive surcharge for ocean views, higher floors, etc...

And aisle seats towards the front of the plane cost more than middle seats in the rear. I get it. :)

And aisle seats towards the front of the plane cost more than middle seats in the rear. I get it. :)

I know you do, and don't the upper tier loyalty passengers get those at no cost. 😉

FWIW, no ships other than Quantum have a "category" for large balcony yet

While your analogy is true, there is one fundamental difference. Those special lots and high floor, ocean view, condos, have ALWAYS cost more. Junior Suites, regardless of location/view, have always been one category that cost the same. It's the change and the appearance of greed that has people a bit peeved/concerned.

Now, I get it from a company/business perspective and am surprised it has taken them this long to make the changes - considering most other mass market lines have been pricing like this for many years - including RCIs sister lines.

Dan.

I think I lucked out. When I booked Allure in mid December for 11/5, I only paid $60 more (total for 2 people) for a full hump balcony that the price for a regular balcony. Now it is over $400 more than I paid.