What do you do when you first board the ship.

toescat

1. Introduce ourselves to our steward.

and

2. Arrange the changes to our mini-bar set up.

then

3a. I go off to seek out the notice board with the names and photos of the senior officers so that I can get all the information I need personalise their invitations to our Meet 'n' Greet.

whilst

3b. SWMBO goes to the salon to make her hairdressing appointments.

I then personalise the pre-prepared officer invitations to the Meet 'n' Greet and go off to find the Captain's Circle host (or whatever contact I have been given by Seattle) to introduce myself and ask him/her to deliver them for us.

The above are the 'essential' items, after which we just settle in and though we probably do have an established routine it is not something we actually really think about and checking the on board accounts to make sure the pre-paid (self-gifted) OBC has been credited and phoning the DINE line to make our first night speciality restaurant reservation are both high on my list whilst going down to the library to both swap any books we have bought with us at the book exchange and find an interesting book from the library is high on Mrs CM's list.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Drop carry-on in cabin, champagne goes in the fridge, wipe down surfaces, meet steward and request champagne glasses. Then balcony for some people watching before exploring, off to the IC to buy coffee cards, with periodic check back to see if the luggage has arrived yet. About 30 minutes before muster grab life jackets, stop by the bar to grab fluffy beverages, find a seat in the muster area, relax and more people watching. Sail-away is on the balcony with champagne and huge smiles.

Drat - our next sailing is May 2018 - it seems so long to wait now!

Go to Pool deck. Let the kids swim in the pool while its quiet.

Grab a cocktail or two with hubby and watch the kids swim.

Than we have get lunch shortly before muster drill. Than muster drill and than go up to top deck watch the ship pull out of port.

Than down to our room, get backs unpacked and get ready for dinner.

We head straight to the International cafe / bar for our first drinks. :DUsually hubby wants some of the chicken salad - its his fave. Kids grab a dessert!

Then head to the cabin to drop carry ons, meet steward, then depending on weather goto the pool or just wander and relax, enjoying the first hours onboard!

An interesting read! Traveling by myself, don't do many of the things listed. I usually see if Alfredo's is busy, or get a salad in the IC. I'm not a buffet person, occasionally for salad or fruit. I'll head to Vines to check out the wine list. Stroll around the ship, taking it all in, I like to watch passengers boarding, too.

I'm going to go reserve my specialty restaurants immediately, since I couldn't do it online in advance and I heard they get booked up super fast.

Same here. Before I even drop off my gear I hit the Crown Grill to make my reservation. In the past it has been booked full and I never have any luck with the dine line.

I'm cruising with my Mom in May. She's Elite, so woohoo for me! =)

I plan to embark as soon as we can, drop our stuff at the cabin, then get on the list for Chef's Table dinner.

We will likely eat lunch in the MDR. We are cruising from Seattle and I am excited to see everything as we sail through Elliott Bay and the Straits of Juan de Fuca. We will pass my hometown and places I've known forever and I can't wait to see them from that vantage point. So, we plan on staying on deck and skipping dinner that first night. I told my Dad to watch for us! =)

Stop for about a minute and think how great it is to be starting another cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Exactly! I stop, look around, breathe a big sigh of relief, and relish that feeling of being onboard again. It's a wonderful feeling. :cool:

Well, generally,

• Stow carried on wine.
  • Call the DINE line and make a reservation for that evening in one of the restaurants and a second reservation for the next evening in the other restaurant. Works every time.
  • Meet with the cabin steward to request wine glasses.
  • Go to the Trident Grill for burgers and fries. Watch the parade heading to the buffet.
  • Attend the muster drill.
  • Head to our balcony. Open one of our wines--usually, a sparkler--and enjoy it while sailing out of port.

We go to our cabin.SMILE :) I put my refrigerated medicines in the cooler. We then put valuables in the safe.

If we do not see the stewart I leave a note letting him/her know what is needed (I like extra pillows).

Depending on what time we board we either got to the MDR for lunch or International Caf?. If there is a reason we can not do either we then battle the people and go to Horizon Court for lunch.

Then its walking around until its time for muster, grab our lifejackets, go to muster and people watch.

After sailaway hubby takes a nap and I go get a cocktail to celebrate being able to take a cruise. SMILE :D

When we get on the ship, we go to our room, drop off our carry-on bag, put the passports in the safe and then we go up to the Horizon Court for lunch. After lunch we go back to the room, pour ourselves a glass of Bailey's and sit on the balcony people watching....preparing for 7 days of bliss!

Do you mean after I jump up and down with excitement as we enter the ship?? We go to our cabin and put all of the valuables in the safe, and then we head to the mdr for our traditional lunch. Once the server puts the napkins in our laps and hands us menus we know we're cruising! From there we head back to our cabin to get as much unpacking done as we can before muster while going out on the balcony often to see what's going on.