Any "secret" places on the Regal Princess?

ALB0711

I always enjoy finding the secret decks that are really only secret to non cruise critic passengers! On the Island there was a door all the way forward on two of the upper decks. The door wasn't marked, but when you opened it there were some really nice forward decks that were undiscovered by most of the passengers until the final days of the cruise.

This is my first time on Regal, wondering if there are any "secret" places on her?

Departing for our cruise in just a little over 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Allen

I know the loss of the full promenade deck is tough with these 2 ships.

Its 1/3 of other ships but that's where we spent a lot of time on a nice teak deck lounger.

We felt it was still a good location to hang out for what it is.

Not really secret but not many passengers go there.

Why would I tell you of my 'secret' places. If I do they are no longer 'secret' and everyone will go there. I'm selfish.

I agree with you don't tell anyone. You can tell me I won't tell anyone honest :halo: :halo:

Tony

OK. In the interest of free and open exchange of information, I'll tell you mine:

Deck 7, all the way aft. This area is sheltered from most of the wind and the view is unobstructed. One side is a smoking area, but that is often not a problem. There are two or three deck loungers available.

Deck 7, mid-aft. There are about eight deck loungers available. The large storage container for the emergency raft system blocks the wind from the first couple of loungers.

Deck 17, forward. The areas immediately outside of the elevator lobby on both sides have comfortable chairs and sofas. The areas are covered and there's a nice breeze and good views. There's a fair amount of activity in the area, but I find it a good place to read.

OK. In the interest of free and open exchange of information, I'll tell you mine:

Deck 7, all the way aft. This area is sheltered from most of the wind and the view is unobstructed. One side is a smoking area, but that is often not a problem. There are two or three deck loungers available.

Deck 7, mid-aft. There are about eight deck loungers available. The large storage container for the emergency raft system blocks the wind from the first couple of loungers.

Deck 17, forward. The areas immediately outside of the elevator lobby on both sides have comfortable chairs and sofas. The areas are covered and there's a nice breeze and good views. There's a fair amount of activity in the area, but I find it a good place to read.

Thanks Goldfada - it's like pulling teeth here to get people to give up their secrets! :D

• 8 months later...

Not sure about a piano bar, but they have a great band that plays frequently in the piazza. Also, the cruise director staff is hilarious at the "game show" type activities. The evening production shows and the comedian Carlos Oscar were very good.

Regarding the original question, we didn't find any secret areas, but I agree that deck 7 is a great spot to relax and often we were the only ones there. Also, deck 7, as far as you can go forward, is a great spot to see flying fish.