can I purchase a bottle of vodka from HAL for consumption in my cabin?

sandiego1

HAL no longer permits you to bring on water or soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I echo cat133's question.

I think you are in error. I checked the FAQs and see no changes. Just printed my luggage tags and see no such notification.

Could you please share your source on this?

NCL cancelled soda and water but to the best of my knowledge, HAL has not.

Ok, so this may be a charter thing or misinformation from my charter. The information provided by the charter company claiming to be per HAL says one bottle of wine per person, no beer, spirits, liquor, and bottled water/soda.

I have looked all over HAL site and mention of the water/soda. I am curious to know the real deal because I don't drink soda and getting enough juice for mixers in my stateroom is a challenge. I was hoping to bring my own cranberry juice to go with the vodka we will order for the room.

Kazu: are you planning to take water/soda on board? If so, when you return will you let me know the truth?! I really like to sip a cosmo or cape cod on my balcony and I am traveling with a very large group -- we have all of the aft cabins on the Navigation deck booked so we will spend more time on the balcony than most folks.

Sorry if I panicked anyone with false info!

We recently purchased our May cruise and we did check with Holland America as per the allowable liquids allowed. We were told 2 bottles of wine up to 750ml. Also water and soda is allowed. I was only asking if Mixers like tonic water and bloody Mary mixers were included as soft drinks.

We recently purchased our May cruise and we did check with Holland America as per the allowable liquids allowed. We were told 2 bottles of wine up to 750ml. Also water and soda is allowed. I was only asking if Mixers like tonic water and bloody Mary mixers were included as soft drinks.

If you bring tonic in cans, you'll be fine. I'm not sure how they'll treat Bloody Mary mix in larger bottles.

Ok, so this may be a charter thing or misinformation from my charter. The information provided by the charter company claiming to be per HAL says one bottle of wine per person, no beer, spirits, liquor, and bottled water/soda.

I have looked all over HAL site and mention of the water/soda. I am curious to know the real deal because I don't drink soda and getting enough juice for mixers in my stateroom is a challenge. I was hoping to bring my own cranberry juice to go with the vodka we will order for the room.

Kazu: are you planning to take water/soda on board? If so, when you return will you let me know the truth?! I really like to sip a cosmo or cape cod on my balcony and I am traveling with a very large group -- we have all of the aft cabins on the Navigation deck booked so we will spend more time on the balcony than most folks.

Sorry if I panicked anyone with false info!

Charters can have different rules than regular cruises. I am no expert on charters as the only ones I did were with my company and we always took water/soda aboard.

We sail in nearly 3 weeks. And yes we will be bringing on wine , water and if I can find my juice, that too :)

I will check on board to see if anyone has any issues but I highly doubt they will.

I will defnintely post on my live thread. If I forget, just remind me please.

Back to "by the minute" on the Rotterdam as I understand it. I was spoiled on the unlimited on the Westerdam, but heck, I can adapt and be creative if I have to :)

If you bring tonic in cans, you'll be fine. I'm not sure how they'll treat Bloody Mary mix in larger bottles.

I wouldn't be bothered with Bloody Mary Mix to bring on board since it is on the ship, but clamato juice??? LOL, IF I could find real clamato juice in FLL, I would be dragging it on board, no matter how hard it was :halo:

I wouldn't be bothered with Bloody Mary Mix to bring on board since it is on the ship, but clamato juice??? LOL, IF I could find real clamato juice in FLL, I would be dragging it on board, no matter how hard it was :halo:

Aisle 2 at Publix. Take all you want. Michelle and I won't be needing it. ;)

Aisle 2 at Publix. Take all you want. Michelle and I won't be needing it. ;)

Seriously???

Awesome and I hate that word.

didn't see it there last time. If it's REAL clamato juice, I will happily lug it with my wine.

And yes, I am shouting with the bold, because if they now have it on 17th Street - you just made my day. 8 days at sea, I like this stuff with or without ;)

Seriously???

Awesome and I hate that word.

didn't see it there last time. If it's REAL clamato juice, I will happily lug it with my wine.

And yes, I am shouting with the bold, because if they now have it on 17th Street - you just made my day. 8 days at sea, I like this stuff with or without ;)

Yes indeed.

6f88362b5fa781e83c10496c828870c3.jpg

Yes indeed.

6f88362b5fa781e83c10496c828870c3.jpg

thanks POA1 :)

Guess we will see how HAL feels about bringing the larger container on ;) if cans are not available.

Kazu, if for some reason you can't bring clamato juice onboard, check with the beverage staff onboard. I know my DM has had Caesar's onboard. It's been a while, though, and I know the bar menu has changed. But it was available.

Thanks :) I got it onboard last time too. The only problem is that it is the American version which is different than the Canadian. Publix is the same so I may just buy clam juice and a couple of ingredients and make my own or "doctor up" the American version - LOL. We'll get by ;)

Thanks :) I got it onboard last time too. The only problem is that it is the American version which is different than the Canadian. Publix is the same so I may just buy clam juice and a couple of ingredients and make my own or "doctor up" the American version - LOL. We'll get by ;)

I had no idea there was an American version of clamato juice. I can't bring myself to try it (I don't care for tomato juice either). I don't think DM noticed a difference. I don't think I'll tell her!! She was so happy to get a Caesar onboard! We can blame any taste differential on the added garnishes that she doesn't normally have. Do you think that will work?

I had no idea there was an American version of clamato juice. I can't bring myself to try it (I don't care for tomato juice either). I don't think DM noticed a difference. I don't think I'll tell her!! She was so happy to get a Caesar onboard! We can blame any taste differential on the added garnishes that she doesn't normally have. Do you think that will work?

It probably will. The major difference is the tomato concentrate, MSG and other additives not in the Canadian version ;)

POA1 was nice enough to let me know where it can be bought and when I checked ingredients it is different. there is a difference, but if your DM hasn't noticed, don't tell her ;)

I think we will buy clam juice at Publix and I will make some. I'll probably also bring the American on board and see if I can doctor it but I am not keen on the ingredients in it. DH and MSG don't get along.

I did some googling and discovered that sure enough there are two versions. Canadians like their version without concentrate and the other "stuff" which to me is sharper and more pure and Americans that drink it want it to taste more like a Bloody Mary. I got a huge education earlier on this.

I also found a recipe that mimics Motts' and may try to implement it.

Cheers :) Let Caesars reign forever :)

When I logged into Holland America's website and checked the prices for alcohol I saw that the prices look a little higher than the prices listed by other cruisers for the on board price listing. Would it be wiser to wait until we are on board to order a bottle of liquor?

When I logged into Holland America's website and checked the prices for alcohol I saw that the prices look a little higher than the prices listed by other cruisers for the on board price listing. Would it be wiser to wait until we are on board to order a bottle of liquor?

I wonder if one includes the gratuity and one doesn't?

I wonder if one includes the gratuity and one doesn't?

If you order on line it includes the beverage charge (website clearly states that too).

If you order on board, it is not included.

The prices work out the same IMO.

The only advantage to ordering on board is more choice.

If what's available on line suits, go for it. Mine should be waiting in my cabin :)

We'll be buying on board - we have shipboard credit to use.

So Is the consensus you can bring juices on board, from different ports of call?

Yes. Water, soda, juice---so long as it's non-alcoholic (with the exception of wine), you can bring it aboard at any and all ports.

Yes. Water, soda, juice---so long as it's non-alcoholic (with the exception of wine), you can bring it aboard at any and all ports.

This was one of the reasons we decided on a Holand America cruise. It's a good jester to allow you to bring water, soda and 2 bottles of wine.

If you order on line it includes the beverage charge (website clearly states that too).

If you order on board, it is not included.

The prices work out the same IMO.

The only advantage to ordering on board is more choice.

If what's available on line suits, go for it. Mine should be waiting in my cabin :)

Excellent to see there are more choices when you board.